MPQ Sneak Peek: January 2019 Edition *Updated (1/28/19)

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,568 Chairperson of the Boards

Galactus Hungers with a boosted America Chavez and Iceman? Thanks for a weekend off, MPQ!
    Boss events usually have their own boost list 
    This is true. However, in this case, Iceman happens to be Featured, so he's Boosted there, too.
    Hulkbuster and 3* Iron Fist are boosted for it, too, which generally gets me through these pretty easily.
    Yeah true that, I was being lazy. Iceman doesn’t seem like a good match against galactus since his stun won’t work and aoe is wasted against one opponent, but I guess the side nodes maybe?
    Iceman will be handy when the side nodes scale up later today, especially for wiping out those wave nodes.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(01/18/19) Brigby - Updated Versus events and Story events
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    No Invisible Woman versus event? Oh well, maybe later.
    Honor among Thieves is a drag, but I suppose it was due.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder how fast I can come up with 250cp to get that last Reyes cover I need...any color will do if I can stand to do a cover swap, but a non-green would be ideal. Currently sitting on 14cp...
  • Quebbster
    I wonder how fast I can come up with 250cp to get that last Reyes cover I need...any color will do if I can stand to do a cover swap, but a non-green would be ideal. Currently sitting on 14cp...
    I estimate I can pull in 300 CP in a week, so it's not impossible. Difficult though. Are there any covers coming from 4* Ghost Rider anytime soon?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ah, the frustration of Versus during a boss event when you don’t have an open node to retreat-prep Thor:
    ”Okay, let him tank one more hit, and that should put him under 50%. Oh, shoot, the board set up a match 5 for the AI. Crit match 4, darn it, and set up another match 5, and another critical hit. And that’s 25,000 health gone and Thor needs a health pack now.”
    At least Gho5t Rider is Champed for Honor Among Thieves. Kitty too. Will have to use her against the Mindless Ones.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Quebbster said:
    I estimate I can pull in 300 CP in a week, so it's not impossible. Difficult though. Are there any covers coming from 4* Ghost Rider anytime soon?
    I'm not sure I'm pulling down 300/week, but maybe. I need 14 more ghost 4iders to get there, I was planning to move my BHs over to GR and The Hood after I got another prowler and another Bishop to get them there for shield training anyway.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    Ah, the frustration of Versus during a boss event when you don’t have an open node to retreat-prep Thor...
    Leave Dat Required Character or the Behemoth Burrito in DDQ unfinished. You can bring 5*s into those fights. I leave it unfinished until I've reset my shield for overnight sleep. Just don't forget to finish the node after that for the rewards/resources.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Quebbster said:
    No Invisible Woman versus event? Oh well, maybe later.
    Honor among Thieves is a drag, but I suppose it was due.
    I don't believe Invisible Woman will have a Versus event. (It might just be because she's before my time, but I don't recall her ever having one either)

Instead, she was featured as the Crash of the Titans character at the beginning of the celebration.
    Part of the confusion comes from this article:

https://www.marvel.com/articles/games/marvel-games-welcomes-marvel-s-first-family-with-fantastic-four-world-s-greatest-week

Which says:

The four core FF members are all getting their own Versus Events starting today, and running through January 20.

And certainly seems to indicate she would. I'm not sure how many people will care about the change, but that's part of why we were expecting Invisible Woman to also get her own Versus event in the first place.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Re: missing Sue’s pvp.
    On the one hand, I’m a bit disappointed that the article was incorrect.  On the other, a PVP with lots of locked tiles does not sound that fun to me.  I’ll consider this a win for the players.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    zodiac339 said:
    Ah, the frustration of Versus during a boss event when you don’t have an open node to retreat-prep Thor...
    Leave Dat Required Character or the Behemoth Burrito in DDQ unfinished. You can bring 5*s into those fights. I leave it unfinished until I've reset my shield for overnight sleep. Just don't forget to finish the node after that for the rewards/resources.
    Big Enchilada, and yeah, I should consider doing that. It’s just the risk of not remembering to get the mission done.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    zodiac339 said:
    Big Enchilada, and yeah, I should consider doing that. It’s just the risk of not remembering to get the mission done.
    Bleh, yes. Big Enchilada is what I meant. 
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    Re: missing Sue’s pvp.
    On the one hand, I’m a bit disappointed that the article was incorrect.  On the other, a PVP with lots of locked tiles does not sound that fun to me.  I’ll consider this a win for the players.
    I consider every bit of extra diversity a win for the players though, part of why i would love to see more 4* pvp, period.
  • Quebbster
    zodiac339 said:
    Ah, the frustration of Versus during a boss event when you don’t have an open node to retreat-prep Thor:
    ”Okay, let him tank one more hit, and that should put him under 50%. Oh, shoot, the board set up a match 5 for the AI. Crit match 4, darn it, and set up another match 5, and another critical hit. And that’s 25,000 health gone and Thor needs a health pack now.”
    At least Gho5t Rider is Champed for Honor Among Thieves. Kitty too. Will have to use her against the Mindless Ones.
    An
     alliance buddy pointed out they added rewards to the last node in the first sub in the prologue, so now I use that to prep Thor when nothing else is available.
    I had just started playing when Invisible Woman was introduced... Can't remember her getting a Versus event. It would be simple enough to make one, but on the other hand I don't mind it being skipped either.

• bluewolf
    I have been expecting Cable as the next 5E, but the Goblin costume and store make me wonder if he gets a special run this week. We will see. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(01/22/19) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and Weekly Buffs
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Identity Theft: Ugh.
    Strange Sights: Yay!
    And the boost list is only a small step down from last week's.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited January 2019
    I'm quite fond of this boost list, but we're going to see SO many XFDP/C4rol teams everywhere I'm sure. Main Event is so good boosted though.

My 3/4/8 Nebula is wishing that Identity Theft yaro root was a bit riper...
  • bluewolf
    @Brigby This thread has dropped off the front page of General Discussion.  I'm not sure if it can be pinned again, or if there are too many pinned discussions (some limit), but it's only showing up in the Events section right now.