MPQ Sneak Peek: January 2019 Edition *Updated (1/28/19)

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    The Thing got married in a recent comic (published last month), and there does seem to be a lot of FF stuff floating around.  I wonder if a 4Torch is finally on the way....  and I hope that Surfer is getting a feeder soon.  Since an FF member would be appropriate, canon-wise.
    I certainly hope they go with Thing in that case, mine should reach 340 with all the upcoming rewards while Mr Fantastic is level 325 and Invisible Woman is below 320.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Someone in our alliance showed us this yesterday. https://www.marvel.com/fantastic-four-week

Seems MPQ has something going on to tie in to Fantastic Four's "World's Greatest Week."

Theoretically we're due a 4* character release this week, what do you want to bet it'll be a boss-release against Galactus?

The question is... who? Namor, finally? Maybe an Infamous Iron Doom? (though I think most would agree a 5* God Emperor Doom is far more highly requested for a possible Doom variant) Franklin Richards should probably be a 5*... Hmm... could go with Crystal since she's teased via Lockjaw's powers and was important to the F4 (for that matter, we could go with a third Human Torch so all of them are available at the 4-star tier, though that still doesn't fix the broad problem of not being able to use all four at once anyway). Could go with a villain, Mole Man? Super Skrull? Super Skrull could also be a long-range tie-in to Captain Marvel (assuming they want to do something Skrull related when her movie comes out). Annihilus and Kang would work as F4 villains, but I think both might be better served as different types of Bosses (and I think we'd have more forewarning of something big coming if we were getting a new boss in less than a week).

Any thoughts? Maybe a complete curveball, Spider-Man Noir as another tie-in for the animated movie, and then a Fantasticar Support for F4 Week?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    How about a Fantastic Vault, open through the week with each event giving tokens for it, giving one of each 4* and 3 Human Torch 3*. Happy miniversarry.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    If there's a 4* Torch coming, I really want Johnny with the Cosmic Control Rod, please.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Ooooh, carnage boosted with kitty! Looking forward to that one :)
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Wouldnt be surprised to find a Kitty on the other side in Simulator though... ;-)
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Smart80 said:
    Wouldnt be surprised to find a Kitty on the other side in Simulator though... ;-)
    Omg, NO!!! The horror...  :#
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Smart80 said:
    Omg, NO!!! The horror...  :#
    Time for BSSM's 15 minutes of fame.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Sigh. Guess I'm getting a saved cover for Bishop in Simulator.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was using them together in God of Lies this morning, since Loki can potentially steal away the Strikes if I go with Grocket. Very fun.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is this a new character week, or is it next week?
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    Is this a new character week, or is it next week?

Kingpin is a new weak character....  hopefully this week the new character isn't weak!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    Usually we have a character hint in update notes which come the week before the release.  But no update has come for 3 weeks now, at least partly due to the holidays.  No word if an update is coming in the near future, nor when the next character might be coming. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Usually we have a character hint in update notes which come the week before the release.  But no update has come for 3 weeks now, at least partly due to the holidays.  No word if an update is coming in the near future, nor when the next character might be coming. 
    That’s the clue! With no update or hint, it’s all completely hidden from the common people. Illuminati confirmed!  And since we already have Reed Richards, Tony Stark, Steven Strange, Charles Xavier, and Black Bolt in the game, the only way to have the complete Illuminati in game is to add Namor.

Should Namor be the new Dazzler? Find a way to fit him into each release hint? Wait, actually this makes a lot more sense when looking at all the Fantastic Four stuff, and the fact that Human Torch specifically is the 3* for placement this event and required next event. He was the one who found hobo Namor way back in comics (an Emergency Awesome video reminded me of this recently), so him being used as release for Namor would be a neat little nod to the comics lore.

Oh wait. How silly of me. I’m trying to apply logic in MPQ. How about something more off-the-wall like Hiro and Baymax? I was thinking they need a Big Hero Six character added, so let’s go with that.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Just a quick question: Why is kingpin still purple-boosted? As if he were still new? He is in tokens already... It seems excessively long to me, but maybe im wrong. Are they always boosted so long when new? Or is it untill an even newer character comes along? Whats the usual drill?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    It’s 4 weeks of boost for all new characters. Kingy has about 2-3 days left. 
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    edited January 2019
    bluewolf said:
    It’s 4 weeks of boost for all new characters. Kingy has about 2-3 days left. 
    Thank you!

(Also that does mean it's when the next new character should appear.. I knew there was a reason that was nigling in the back of my mind.)
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    https://www.marvel.com/fantastic-four-week

Marvel is having a "World's Greatest Week" for the Fantastic Four, and it starts tomorrow. I'm guessing they're holding any announcements until then. Of course, it doesn't explain why we haven't had a patch notes thread with a teaser (or even a vague "Thanks for playing!" message because they don't want to post a teaser because of Fantastic Four Week).

With the focus on F4 characters in events going on I think it's related, but I can't say what exactly we should expect tomorrow. Just a guess that we'll get something (probably about the time or right after it gets mentioned in the live stream Marvel is having).
  • BIGB0SSR0B
    BIGB0SSR0B Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    My girlfriend and I were really looking forward to the 20% roster sale that happened last year. She’s newer than I am and is constantly having to delete charters cause she doesn’t have enough for the 4 star character about to expire. A once a year sale is a nice thank you for playing all year. Enjoying the game thanks
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    The H4H store shows Mr Fantastic is coming next for Crash of the Titans, which is out of the normal order.  So I guess that is another indication that they're doing something FF related.