***** Doctor Doom (God Emperor) *****

Comments

• TTTSB
    TTTSB Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    I'm glad everyone got the villain they were asking for... but where is Big Wheel? Where's Typeface? Where's Zebra Batman darn it?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    TTTSB said:
    I'm glad everyone got the villain they were asking for... but where is Big Wheel? Where's Typeface? Where's Zebra Batman darn it?
    Doctor Bong
    Hypno Hustler
    Ringer
    Captain Ultra
    Paste Pot Pete

They haven't even touched the elite yet.

Then there is my absolute favourite Razorback but he is a good guy (unless you have a thing about pigs) - "Get your ears on Demiurge, good buddies, hope you be on this like a bear with ears and be lookin' at a crotch rocket for getting a 10-8, Can I get an affirmative?"
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    I'm still holding out for Forearm. He's just a dude, but you know, with four arms. #ThanksRobLiefeld

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Michael_McCain_(Earth-616)
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm still holding out for Forearm. He's just a dude, but you know, with four arms. #ThanksRobLiefeld

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Michael_McCain_(Earth-616)
    Why not go for the original (and best) 4 armed X-Men villain: *drumroll*....Barbarus of the Savage Land Mutates!

Rob didn't try very hard when he swiped that one, lol! :D

• ThaRoadWarrior
    I think the best part is that he's named FORE-arm, and his gimmick is that he has FOUR-arms. Like...I guess, right?
  • TTTSB
    TTTSB Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    DAZ0273 said:
    TTTSB said:
    Doctor Bong
    Hypno Hustler
    Ringer
    Captain Ultra
    Paste Pot Pete

They haven't even touched the elite yet.

Doctor Bong is the only one I haven't heard of before (and incidentally has entirely different powers than I was expecting). Whatever his powers are, they would have to be called "Bing", "Bong", and "Bing Bong", right? Also, I see your Paste Pot Pete and raise you one Asbestos Man.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Please keep all comments on the topic of Doctor Doom (God Emperor)

If you wish to discuss other characters you'd like to see in-game, then please post in the Who are your most requested characters. thread. Thank you!
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    In general I'm thinking that 4/5/4 might be an optimal build. 4 in yellow gets you nearly 3 turns worth of "match damage health" (roughly). Doom's blue will heal himself on 2/7 of all enemy matches (very roughly). Once the enemy fires off their TU ability it seems they prioritize TU's less afterward, so his heal will be closer to 1/3 of all enemy matches. Therefore, no need to set his Doom's blue at 5 covers, in fact, perhaps go 5/5/3 in some matches. All of this may depend on how often Doom will be tanking for your team.

People are complaining a bit about his 10 AP cost yellow ability. While I agree with others that his passive will hopefully earn a couple of AP toward that ability, I also hope people understand that you will very likely gain 3-6++ AP from the tile swap, making it a very low net cost. Think of Loki's purple cost at 5, how often does enemy Loki gain 10+ AP in cascades against you? 

I actually see Doom working well with Ghost Rider. Everyone complains about GR's repeaters gravitating into spots where they no longer gain AP and damage, Doom's swap could fix that easily. As the repeaters consume R/G/Bl you may get more yellow matches lined up. These repeaters gather black quite well for Doom, so you can set GR's red at 5 covers instead of the usual 3. 
    If you add a purple user to this team, Goblin makes sense since he would fortify GR's repeaters. This leaves no active outlet for blue, so Dr. Strange could work instead (I consider his purple hardly an active ability), and he would greatly appreciate the health boost from Doom's yellow. If the enemy targets Strange to be taken out first, that's more time for Doom to steal AP from yellow and black enemy matches.

Why GR instead of Thor? Well Thor is awesome at half health, and probably plays quite well with Doom. But, you will want to avoid healing Thor up past the 50%, and it's scary to start with him below 30% or so to plan for some healing from Doom's yellow. Doom should tank all 3 of his colors though, and be able to true-heal a lot of the match damage he takes. Thor would tank red, green, TU. Too bad GR would also tank TU over Doom, but he would have much more health to burn in the match than Thor.

Overall though, I don't see a 'natural' partner yet as others have stated. I think there's great potential from Doom's yellow to be played right after IM46's blue, since most of all red will be removed from the board, you'd hope for increased chances for greater cascade action. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    I will forever pick Doom on the surveys whenever they ask who should get buffed. He’s my favorite villain and his art is so freaking good that I want him to actually be powerful enough that there’s a reason to use him when not boosted/essential.

There are plenty in the tier worse than him, but none are more deserving of a buff, than one God Emperor Doom. And yes that goes for the inferior Banner and peasant Wasp. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does it really make sense to give him the villains affiliation?  He wasn't exactly a hero, but he did prevent the multiverse from being annihilated by the beyonders and saved countless lives.  Asking to be worshipped as a god doesn't seem that big an ask, all things considered.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    5 black is a given since that is his only damage dealing power. The other two depend on whether you prioritize healing Doom or his allies since the other aspects of those powers do not increase with more covers. I would probably go 3/5/5 most of the time to keep Doom in the fight as long as possible.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just met him and some other guys in the Talos pvp. Used Grockitty. He must be killed last since he removes all my strikes when downed. After the other two was downed he immediately fired his black on my Kitty who promptly lost 90% HP. Yikes! Had I had any red I would at least used them for Kitty and got some attack tiles. I still won the match but was too dizzy to notice how :)
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    I've been trying to play Doom as much as I can, fit him in different teams etc, since I champed him the other day...
    Have to say he's growing on me.  :) Definitely seems better now than at the beginning, after first impressions reading powers on paper. 

Still it feels like with a few minor improvements, he could've been so much better. His passive part on black especially, seems like it has missed the mark a little, at least to me. If its idea was to be sort of a counter to Grockitty teams, it can pretty much be avoided when Doom is on defense. For it to truly be anoying, Doom would need a way to jump in front or to react to allies being hit.

Personally, I'd like if he had an additional passive part on yellow that would be a kind of weaker version of his black passive. Something along the lines of "...if an ally of Doom is hit for X or more damage, Doom destroys the strongest enemy special tile..."
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I wonder if it's worth the health pack to bring a low-health doom into a Gritty match just to clear the tiles when he's down in the first match? If I had a black on my 2/0/2 I'd test that out on all these horrible gritty teams I keep being fed to in pvp...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder if it's worth the health pack to bring a low-health doom into a Gritty match just to clear the tiles when he's down in the first match? If I had a black on my 2/0/2 I'd test that out on all these horrible gritty teams I keep being fed to in pvp...

Bring LumberCap (or even better, a teamup!) to bring him back and you are in business.
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 548 Critical Contributor
    Been using GED with Okoye in the Gamora event. I think it has taken people off guard as I have won many defenses with this team.

I was trying to setup a good defense by pinning the opponent into deciding who to kill last. The steal helps both Doom and Okoye out with their premier powers (nuke and heal, respectively).

I can widdle down Thor or Kitty and then blast them. All while saving a lot in health packs. I have had some bad boards, but all in all, not a bad climber and just short of the speed of jj/okoye teams. Albeit, jj is a pack hog and her nuke pales in comparison to doom’s; as touched on above Doom truly accelerates Okoye’s heal. 
  • Gold_Dragon
    Gold_Dragon Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Yeah. My GED is at 2/2/4 and I’ve been using him with okoye. I was honestly trying to get him almost killed so I could test his passive vs grockitty. 

He wont friggin die!

Okoye takes his yellow and black so he only has blue. The opponent matches yellow and black, which makes it even easier for okoye to stay alive and get more TU tiles to match. And Render also heals GED. This is a really good duo. 
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kolence said:
    I've been trying to play Doom as much as I can, fit him in different teams etc, since I champed him the other day...
    Have to say he's growing on me.  :) Definitely seems better now than at the beginning, after first impressions reading powers on paper. 

Still it feels like with a few minor improvements, he could've been so much better. His passive part on black especially, seems like it has missed the mark a little, at least to me. If its idea was to be sort of a counter to Grockitty teams, it can pretty much be avoided when Doom is on defense. For it to truly be anoying, Doom would need a way to jump in front or to react to allies being hit.

Personally, I'd like if he had an additional passive part on yellow that would be a kind of weaker version of his black passive. Something along the lines of "...if an ally of Doom is hit for X or more damage, Doom destroys the strongest enemy special tile..."
    Perhaps  if his yellow power sent his allies invisible for 7 turns instead of the board shuffle? Perhaps a reverse IW like power?
  • Junksquad
    Junksquad Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    I agree that his HP is way underrated, but to be fair. On a 4/5* bout and in a team with Sabretooth and Karnak he is very dangerous and supportive. Especially, when it goes  on Grockitty.
    Sabretooth deals damage for each attack tile, Karnak gets furious when he finds the "flaw". And Doom? Well....keeps them with yellow alive, kills with his black power and with karnaks multi tile he deals damge the enemy will remember long period. 
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards

Yeah so….. has anybody noticed that his black passive has been tweaked/buffed? Now it says