Soft cap and PVP

Comments

• truedim
    truedim Posts: 18 Just Dropped In

So will be looking for ex3m to attack and getting attacked back.😉😃😄😉.
    Actually it is good for both of us, because such attacks lower the level of my enemies, and I can continue my grind without health packs  ;)
  • mpqavsmpqavs
    mpqavsmpqavs Posts: 51 Match Maker
    I play pvp at last hours.13 to 19 wins.
    Always finish top 10-15.
    I skip a lot to find opponents which i can defeat.so in most pvp events i find you as opponent.also happy to hear that it is good for you.😂🤣🤣
  • truedim
    Ok, it is not so good for me at last hour :) At least I can fight back. It is much worse to be attacked by the same championed 5*  several times in a raw (when I climb higher than 750)
  • mpqavsmpqavs
    Sorry to hear that.and its not me because i have no 5*.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Sounds like OP has the ideal strategy ... for being the ideal high scoring, low tiered victim to my PVP trapcakes :)
  • truedim
    edited December 2018
    Sounds like OP has the ideal strategy ... for being the ideal high scoring, low tiered victim to my PVP trapcakes :)
    MMR never suggested me to attack players that have 4* champions (unless they are attacked me before, but I always check such rosters). I can see 3* champions after 700 points. Actually my team is a trapcake too for 2* players :)
  • truedim
    edited December 2018
    Have 41 roster slots.no money spending till now.all 2* rostered.now rostering 3*.have strange and im40 fully covered and  at level 90.

If you play PVP only at last hour, why Strange and IM40 are soft-capped ? It is better to use your ISO to these ones than for any 2* (and 3*).
  • mpqavsmpqavs
    If i champ strange and im40 then i need to face 3* champs in every event.now i have no other 3* with more than 10 covers.so for every match i need to use strange and im40.
    The problem is health packs.i need to use health packs almost every match for strange.
    So with 10 health packs and only two 3* i will never reach my goal(575+).
    So i am waiting for atleast four 3* to have 13 covers to enter 3* land.
  • truedim
    Did you try to absorb damage using loaner (free) character (like me in the first post)? Or your enemies already are too strong and destroy the loaner? Or may be match damage is very high?
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    If i champ strange and im40 then i need to face 3* champs in every event.now i have no other 3* with more than 10 covers.so for every match i need to use strange and im40.
    The problem is health packs.i need to use health packs almost every match for strange.
    So i am waiting for atleast four 3* to have 13 covers to enter 3* land.
    Isn't the 3* or 4* loaner tanking most damage for you? If health packs are still an issue, then simply play pvp in multiple sessions, not just 1. Besides, what's so bad about facing 3* champs when you'll have the best 3* duo there is? Even though it may not be easy to enter 3* play with just 2 champs, I'm sure it is better than staying in 2* land. 
  • mpqavsmpqavs
    Now i can use any 2* like thor,daken,wol,mags,storm,cap marvel,bw,etc.
    I just dont like to hang on to 2 3* for all wins.
    That is the only reason i keep playing like this.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    ^^^^

Same thing with me. Except it’s 4s and 5s. Being able to use a handful of boosted 4s that change each week and a limitless amount of teams in sim is much more appealing then being locked into two 5* characters vs the same two 5* chatacters, even if said characters will net me better rewards. If I don’t have variety in my actual matches I could burn out easily. 

Therefore I’m bringing my 5s up slowly and planning to champ like 10+ at once so if I get bored of Thorkoye in that tier I’ll have other options. It’s just taking awhile to collect the iso for such an endeavor. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    ^^^^

Same thing with me. Except it’s 4s and 5s. Being able to use a handful of boosted 4s that change each week and a limitless amount of teams in sim is much more appealing then being locked into two 5* characters vs the same two 5* chatacters, even if said characters will net me better rewards. If I don’t have variety in my actual matches I could burn out easily. 

Therefore I’m bringing my 5s up slowly and planning to champ like 10+ at once so if I get bored of Thorkoye in that tier I’ll have other options. It’s just taking awhile to collect the iso for such an endeavor. 
    It’s understandable. At the moment you’re enjoying your MMR because your 4* champions are stronger than the average players’ and you’re making reasonably good progress with your roster.

Just be prepared to fully transition to the 5* tier when your 4*s are getting closer to 320-325. Your MMR might change completely and you might be paired against championed 5*a from the beginning.
    Great, now he's going to sell all the covers that would take his 4s above 315.
    Thanks.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    OJSP said:
    ^^^^

It’s understandable. At the moment you’re enjoying your MMR because your 4* champions are stronger than the average players’ and you’re making reasonably good progress with your roster.

Just be prepared to fully transition to the 5* tier when your 4*s are getting closer to 320-325. Your MMR might change completely and you might be paired against championed 5*a from the beginning.
    Hmm, I wonder at which level MMR switches over. My top three 4*s are level 327, 325, and 323. I also have a few 5*s parked at 360, 330, and 320. Still mostly seeing 4* guys in PVP and occasionally those with one 5* champ until I hit 900+.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    justsing said:
    OJSP said:
    ^^^^

Hmm, I wonder at which level MMR switches over. My top three 4*s are level 327, 325, and 323. I also have a few 5*s parked at 360, 330, and 320. Still mostly seeing 4* guys in PVP and occasionally those with one 5* champ until I hit 900+.
    Once two of your 4s are 450+ with boosts.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    justsing said:
    OJSP said:
    ^^^^

Once two of your 4s are 450+ with boosts.
    I thought the MMR generally ignored the weekly boosts.  When I was first entering the 4* tier, there didn't seem to be any pattern to whether the game would present me with champed 4* opponents or boosted champed 4* opponents I had little chance against.  And even now when I've generally got a selection of boosted 4*s each week, the game will still present me with opponents running non-boosted 4* characters.
    Sure, I'll see higher level opponents when I hit a certain score threshold, but won't that happen no matter what my roster looks like?
  • truedim
    It seems that the only way to  do not go to the 5* tier, is to level up all 4* (and 5*) to 270, but do not champ them.
  • truedim
    edited December 2018
    OJSP said:

That’s true, but you’d be missing a lot of champion rewards and a lot of progress.
    Yes, but you can consider it as some type of hoarding, and rate of 4* covers is not so great (of course, rewards are much better than for 3*).
  • truedim
    edited December 2018
    OJSP said:

As far as I know, at the moment when a character is fully covered, there’s no way to use one cover to re-spec a character.
    You can. I did it yesterday - I re-speced my fully covered Deadpool of level 40 from 4 red to 5 red (and decreased black) using only one red cover.
  • truedim
    edited December 2018
    OJSP said:
    Do you already have 5 cover or more saved? If so, where did you do it from? The vine should say SAVE and the character pages should have that up arrow with the box (the symbol for cover swapping)
    My Deadpool had 2 saved covers at that moment (and still has). I used up arrow from the character page. In the vine I only had SAVE button.