R167 Release Notes (12/3/18)

Comments

• Jadams78
    Jadams78 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    IronLad said:
    My unsubstantiated guess is that "Anything For Love" is a lyrical clue, pointing to "I'd run right into hell and back" - of the Marvel Hell characters (who aren't Ghost Rider), I'd opt for Daimon Hellstrom.

He doesn't have the potentially-offensive baggage of the other possibilities, and he is in some other modern Marvel games.
    Man, everytime they'd ask us what characters we'd want them to bring in (before they just made a list to choose from), I'd say Hellstrom. It's awesome to see someone else being him to!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Got to be Mary Jane.  :hushed:
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Are they giving us a 5-star Lady Death?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    And an unlisted fix! Training a cover on a duplicate when the maxed Champ does not have the power at 5 no longer asks which power to lower. Let’s hear it for quality of life!
  • jneidus
    jneidus Posts: 66 Match Maker
    zodiac339 said:
    And an unlisted fix! Training a cover on a duplicate when the maxed Champ does not have the power at 5 no longer asks which power to lower. Let’s hear it for quality of life!
    I thought I noticed that this morning but wasn't sure. Love it.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    I don't think anything has changed: I just had the game offer to train my max champ 2* Daken rather than apply the cover to the dupe.
    I don't think it was ever deterministically picking the max champ when you clicked "train".  It simply saw both of the characters as candidates to train and picked the first it found based on some non-deterministic ordering.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Are they giving us a 5-star Lady Death?
    I don't know who that is, but I tinykitty-ing HOPE so! 
  • Yepyep
    jamesh said:
    zodiac339 said:
    I don't think anything has changed: I just had the game offer to train my max champ 2* Daken rather than apply the cover to the dupe.
    I don't think it was ever deterministically picking the max champ when you clicked "train".  It simply saw both of the characters as candidates to train and picked the first it found based on some non-deterministic ordering.
    Very, very sadface :'(
  • jneidus
    jneidus Posts: 66 Match Maker
    jamesh said:
    zodiac339 said:
    Until this patch, 100% of the time (for me at least) it tried to apply the cover to the max champ. Since the patch, 3/4 (that's all I can remember) applied to the cover and just 1 tried to apply to the max champ. I feel like something was fixed/changed/updated, but it might not be working 100%.
  • HobieCat76
    HobieCat76 Posts: 73 Match Maker

MPQ 167!
    • "Anything For Love"
    So... does this clue refer to the 5* Kingpin or to Spider-Ham?  Or both?  Is this a spoiler that the two of them will get together in the new movie?
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards

MPQ 167!
    • "Anything For Love"
    So... does this clue refer to the 5* Kingpin or to Spider-Ham?  Or both?  Is this a spoiler that the two of them will get together in the new movie?
    Maybe it's that Bryan Adams song that goes "all for love, all for one" which was for the Three Musketeers, and Into the Spider-Verse is about all the Spideys coming together... yeah, it's a stretch... 

This is the first time I can recall that I really want an explanation about the clue  :D
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    I read (part of) a review of the movie that maybe gave away too much?  But Kingpin is definitely the person that the clue points to, based on what he’s doing and why as the movie begins. 
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    I read (part of) a review of the movie that maybe gave away too much?  But Kingpin is definitely the person that the clue points to, based on what he’s doing and why as the movie begins. 
    Actually the entire S3 of Daredevil on Netflix is exactly the same... I dont think there was a single episode where he didnt make it clear he was doing everything for his Love. Her name must have been mentioned about 100 times per episode, and not just by him. Everyone knew where his priority lay...
  • Yepyep
    edited December 2018

MPQ 167!
    • "Anything For Love"
    Maybe Spider-Ham is Kingpin's drag alter ego? 
  • jamesh
    jneidus said:
    jamesh said:
    zodiac339 said:
    Until this patch, 100% of the time (for me at least) it tried to apply the cover to the max champ. Since the patch, 3/4 (that's all I can remember) applied to the cover and just 1 tried to apply to the max champ. I feel like something was fixed/changed/updated, but it might not be working 100%.
    Are you sure it happens 100% of the time?  When you successfully train a cover to a dupe from the queue, do you go back to your roster to verify that your max champ with 5 covers in that colour?  Or are you just basing this off the failures?  In my experience, for a pair of characters the game will always choose to train one in particular, but that decision doesn't seem to be related to character level.  For instance, I trained a red cover to my 2* Thor dupe when the max champ is set to 3/5/5.
    As a software developer, my guess is that the choice is down to the age of the roster slot.  I imagine they represent your roster as an unsorted array where characters are assigned to the first blank slot.  If you buy a new roster slot to roster the dupe, then it is always going to come last.  If you sell some other character and then roster the dupe in that slot, it might sort before the max champ.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    I think people got excited for nothing. To me it still works the same as it always has.
    When you click train, it checks your highest levelled version in your roster, so you’re max champed (cause otherwise you would have had add level instead of train).
    - If that power is at 5 with the max champ, it goes to the next, your dupe, and adds it there. - If that power is 3 or 4, it goes to max champ and asks if want to switch power configuration

Surely makes no sense to use a cover to switch powers on a max champ as it is free anyway, but still works like that, as it always has...
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe they will make this work better with 168, releasing tomorrow. But there’s no change in cover-applying functionality.
  • jamesh
    Smart80 said:
    I think people got excited for nothing. To me it still works the same as it always has.
    When you click train, it checks your highest levelled version in your roster, so you’re max champed (cause otherwise you would have had add level instead of train).
    - If that power is at 5 with the max champ, it goes to the next, your dupe, and adds it there. - If that power is 3 or 4, it goes to max champ and asks if want to switch power configuration

Surely makes no sense to use a cover to switch powers on a max champ as it is free anyway, but still works like that, as it always has...
    The thing is that it doesn't always work like you've described.  It only looks that way if you never check how your max-champs are specced when the "Train" button does the right thing.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    jamesh said:
    Smart80 said:

The thing is that it doesn't always work like you've described.  It only looks that way if you never check how your max-champs are specced when the "Train" button does the right thing.
    I dont have to check for just about all though, to know the specs and it works this way all the time, for me...
  • jamesh
    Smart80 said:
    jamesh said:
    Smart80 said:

I dont have to check for just about all though, to know the specs and it works this way all the time, for me...
    Multiple people have observed behaviour that conflicts with your rule (both myself and @zodiac339).  Aren't you prepared to consider that the game may not be behaving in the way you think?