R167 Release Notes (12/3/18)

Options

Comments

• grenadier
    grenadier Posts: 135 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ed_Dragonrider said:

Is this an alternate timeline Cable or something?
    Nate Grey is the Cable from the old Age of Apocalypse crossover.  In his timeline, he never got infected with the technovirus, and never grew up in the far future.  As a result, he is the most powerful version of Nate around, since he doesn't have to spend power keeping the virus in check.

He escaped that timeline and returned to the main 616 timeline.  He had his own book for a few years after that crossover, and has turned up sporadically since then.  He's due for a return in upcoming issues.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2018
    Options
    grenadier said:
    Ed_Dragonrider said:

Nate Grey is the Cable from the old Age of Apocalypse crossover.  In his timeline, he never got infected with the technovirus, and never grew up in the far future.  As a result, he is the most powerful version of Nate around, since he doesn't have to spend power keeping the virus in check.

He escaped that timeline and returned to the main 616 timeline.  He had his own book for a few years after that crossover, and has turned up sporadically since then.  He's due for a return in upcoming issues.
    This...

He went as X-Man

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Oh and in 2016 we got Crash of the Mad Titan - a special Crash where you had to beat Thanos with certain characters and it ran every day for 5 Days!
    Christmas 2016 was pretty awesome. We had double ISO on everything, even the Intercepts (which they've seemed to fix, sadly). Back then, the 2K ISO reward dropped a little more often, and I distinctly remember getting a few 4K ISO Intercepts. 

Christmas 2017 was a big letdown by comparison, in my opinion. No double ISO, except for I think two or three PvPs. Others have already mentioned the 12 Days of Christmas thing. A nice, fun concept to be sure, but the rewards were just OK in my book. 

Personally, I'd be content with double ISO and some more 5* feeders. I'd like to see them just finish off all the current 5*s that don't have one, but I know there's no way that will happen. But hey, it's Christmas; miracles can happen! :tongue:
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 581 Critical Contributor
    Options
    grenadier said:
    Ed_Dragonrider said:

Thank you! I've read some Deadpool&Cable issues, when Dp2 was coming to the cinemas,  but I'm not really familiar with all the comic versions/timelines/eras. 
    Does this mean there is now 2 versions in the same (main 616) timeline though? The techno-babble virus infected Nathan Summers one and this non-infected Nate Grey one? Or am i getting something mixed up?
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm hoping we get X-Men feeders for X-Mas

Kitty
    Angel
    Gambit
    Cable
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm hoping we get X-Men feeders for X-Mas

Kitty
    Angel
    Gambit
    Cable
    Kitty and Cable anyway. Been hoping for those for a while now.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Anything for love

Reference to Tony and Banner's hinted bromance and Ultron as their love child. 

5* Playable Ultron.

or Hulkbuster Banner

• NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Is Enchantress too obvious?
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:

I don't remember any double Iso Christmas in my time playing but you do normally get an extra store and/or vault.
    No, I don't either. But it would be a very welcome gift!
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    NotBAMF said:
    Is Enchantress too obvious?
    Hmm, I’d like to have Enchantress

as a playable character in the game.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yepyep said:
    DAZ0273 said:

I don't remember any double Iso Christmas in my time playing but you do normally get an extra store and/or vault.
    No, I don't either. But it would be a very welcome gift!
    Seems I am mis-remembering 2016 ,-I was in 3* land then so it probably didn't register as much as iso wasn't really an issue.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    grenadier said:
    Ed_Dragonrider said:

Thank you! I've read some Deadpool&Cable issues, when Dp2 was coming to the cinemas,  but I'm not really familiar with all the comic versions/timelines/eras. 
    Does this mean there is now 2 versions in the same (main 616) timeline though? The techno-babble virus infected Nathan Summers one and this non-infected Nate Grey one? Or am i getting something mixed up?
    Three if you include Stryfe.  Stryfe is a clone created in the future from Cable when he was a baby by the Askani (they were worried that the person prophesied to defeat Apocalypse was going to die from the TO infection).
    Stryfe was then kidnapped by Apocalypse and brought up as his heir.  Of course, Apocalypse's idea of an heir was "body I plan to transfer my consciousness into", which screwed Stryfe up even further.
    Like Nate Grey, Stryfe has stronger TK powers due to lack of the techno-organic infection.  But he has an inferiority complex due to the knowledge that he is a clone.
  • DavidAmaquelin
    DavidAmaquelin Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Angela, the lost sister of Thor.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    grenadier said:
    Ed_Dragonrider said:

This...

He went as X-Man

Every time I see his name as X Man, I think of the Die Hard movie with Samuel L. Jackson

Zeus : Why you keep calling me Jésus? I look Puerto Rican to you?

John McClane : Guy back there called you Jésus.

Zeus : He didn't say Jésus. He said, "Hey, Zeus!" My name is Zeus.

John McClane : Zeus?

Zeus : Yeah, Zeus! As in, father of Apollo? Mt. Olympus? Don't <tinykitty> with me or I'll shove a lightning bolt up your <tinykitty>? Zeus! You got a problem with that?

John McClane : No, I don't have a problem with that.

• Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:
      • Corrected behavior where "Full Points" would display before the event points were actually full.
      I'm now experiencing nodes being worth full points with time still left on the "Full Points" timer. Highest I noticed was 7 minutes remaining but the node worth full points...
    • bluewolf
      bluewolf Posts: 5,308 Chairperson of the Boards
      edited December 2018
      Options
      Brigby said:
        • Corrected behavior where "Full Points" would display before the event points were actually full.
        I'm now experiencing nodes being worth full points with time still left on the "Full Points" timer. Highest I noticed was 7 minutes remaining but the node worth full points...
        Note that the fix was to address an issue where the timer was back to 0, but the points were not truly full. What you’re seeing is not going away (nodes can regain full points before the timer goes to 0, usually about 5 minutes before then).

I also was confused at first....until someone else explained it to me.
      • Waddles_Pines
        Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
        Options
        jamesh said:
        grenadier said:
        Ed_Dragonrider said:

Three if you include Stryfe.  Stryfe is a clone created in the future from Cable when he was a baby by the Askani (they were worried that the person prophesied to defeat Apocalypse was going to die from the TO infection).
        Stryfe was then kidnapped by Apocalypse and brought up as his heir.  Of course, Apocalypse's idea of an heir was "body I plan to transfer my consciousness into", which screwed Stryfe up even further.
        Like Nate Grey, Stryfe has stronger TK powers due to lack of the techno-organic infection.  But he has an inferiority complex due to the knowledge that he is a clone.
        Sheesh, from Cable/Nate/Stryfe to Jean/Madeline, not to mention a gazillion alternate dimensions shenanigans... and people say Spider-Man's Clone Saga is a jumbled mess  :D
      • DAZ0273
        DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
        Options
        jamesh said:
        grenadier said:
        Ed_Dragonrider said:

Sheesh, from Cable/Nate/Stryfe to Jean/Madeline, not to mention a gazillion alternate dimensions shenanigans... and people say Spider-Man's Clone Saga is a jumbled mess  :D
        Don't forget Albert the robot Wolverine, Joseph the clone of Magneto and the Third Summer's brother!
      • Freelancer
        Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
        Options
        bluewolf said:
        Note that the fix was to address an issue where the timer was back to 0, but the points were not truly full. What you’re seeing is not going away (nodes can regain full points before the timer goes to 0, usually about 5 minutes before then).

I also was confused at first....until someone else explained it to me.
        I was just noting that whatever this 'Fix' entails, it didn't involve synchronizing the timer reaching 0 and the node reaching Full Points. I guess I hoped, somewhat naively, that this 'Fix' would have fixed all timer based problems.
      • jamesh
        jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
        Options
        jamesh said:
        grenadier said:
        Ed_Dragonrider said:

We haven't even gotten into the weirder parts of Cable's childhood.  Like the fact that Mother Askani, the leader of the group who cared for him when he was brought to the future, was actually a future version of his younger sister Rachel Summers.  Rachel is yet to be born in the present day time frame in the comics, yet there is a version of her from a different dystopian future as a member of the X-Men.

And the two parental figures for Cable in the future (Slim and Red) were actually Scott Summers and Jean Grey's consciousnesses psychically transferred to the future.