From a 5* players point of view what i would like to see from MPQ.

13»

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    Brigby said:
    TL;DR: There are a lot of factors that go into determining whether a player suggestion can make it into the game, and/or how quickly it is able to be implemented.
    Here is the most frustrating part.  Many good ideas have been posted here over the years to die.   Just like this thread will die.  They won’t read it and if they do, no “red” will comment.  It is just so frustrating to have so many great ideas and they don’t listen or care unless it is complete outrage. 
    Who says we don't read these threads ;)

I'm not a developer, so please keep in mind that I have a limited perspective, but I think one of the challenges of considering player suggestions is if and/or when it can be something we add to the development schedule, since everything is planned months in advance. This is not only factoring in the literal task of developing the feature, but also the concept design, approval, and bug testing phases. (Not in that order, of course)

Granted this is all due-process stuff that players aren't aware or potentially care about, understandably so because it's not exactly exciting, but it explains why some things either don't make it (concept/approval phase) or take a while to make into the game (all phases).
    It would help, if the devs didn't go off and do their thing completely on their own, but instead gauge interest before implementing stuff.

Years ago we were asked if we wanted to see "Away missions" for our characters.
    Everybody was enthusiastic about those.
    We haven't heard anything about that feature ever since.

Instead we got supports, which absolutely nobody asked for, without any consultation.

Stuff like that is the _really_ frustrating part.
    They've also been too busy with costumes. 

Who wants new game modes when we can have new costumes?  ;)
    Costumes are OK - if they had rolled them out in a sensible way.
    I'm hoping the art guys are not the same guys working on coding stuff.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was thinking about this last night, what about a true challenge.  Right now for the boss event, all 3 of our ally’s are done.  Boss events are so easy anymore. It would be nice to have a massive event where every character is required to play that node.  Now, you wouldn’t need to have them to make it to the next level.  But start with all the 1* then next level alll the 2*, then etc. I would say make it a 5 day event but when you get to the 3/4* levels that would be alot of nodes.  I not sure how this would work or what the prizes would be, but right now 90% of my 300 roster slots do nothing.  We just had the 3* Falcon PVP.  I have no idea when the last time I would have ever used him except when he is an Essential or required.  No reason I ever use him. Just need a reason to use our whole rosters. 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    Bowgentle said:
    Brigby said:
    TL;DR: There are a lot of factors that go into determining whether a player suggestion can make it into the game, and/or how quickly it is able to be implemented.
    Here is the most frustrating part.  Many good ideas have been posted here over the years to die.   Just like this thread will die.  They won’t read it and if they do, no “red” will comment.  It is just so frustrating to have so many great ideas and they don’t listen or care unless it is complete outrage. 

I'm not a developer, so please keep in mind that I have a limited perspective, but I think one of the challenges of considering player suggestions is if and/or when it can be something we add to the development schedule, since everything is planned months in advance. This is not only factoring in the literal task of developing the feature, but also the concept design, approval, and bug testing phases. (Not in that order, of course)

Granted this is all due-process stuff that players aren't aware or potentially care about, understandably so because it's not exactly exciting, but it explains why some things either don't make it (concept/approval phase) or take a while to make into the game (all phases).
    It would help, if the devs didn't go off and do their thing completely on their own, but instead gauge interest before implementing stuff.

Years ago we were asked if we wanted to see "Away missions" for our characters.
    Everybody was enthusiastic about those.
    We haven't heard anything about that feature ever since.

Instead we got supports, which absolutely nobody asked for, without any consultation.

Stuff like that is the _really_ frustrating part.
    They've also been too busy with costumes. 

Who wants new game modes when we can have new costumes?  ;)
    Costumes are OK - if they had rolled them out in a sensible way.
    I'm hoping the art guys are not the same guys working on coding stuff.
    The big thing with costumes/skins is they are really big in a lot of other mobile games.  Look at fortnight the biggest revenue driver is cosmetics for your character.  More and more mobile games are using cosmetics to drive revenue to then make their game more FTP fact that they are tying costumes to VIP and $ HFH also show that they are looking at this as a revenue stream.  If costumes do generate revenue they can make supports or 5* easier to get.

personally I would like to see supports and costumes purchasable with hero points since that is the currency players buy instead of having $$ offers.  The problem with that idea is there are too many players in the game sitting on thousands of hero points and not using them.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    wymtime said:
     The problem with that idea is there are too many players in the game sitting on thousands of hero points and not using them.
    The economics of hero points are out of whack. remember when you could buy 4* covers for 1200 hero points? now you get 40 pulls from a store for 7000 to 15000+ most of which will be 2*. not many 'deals' are actually worth getting imo.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:

There are still some quality of life changes that I can't imagine would be too difficult to impliment.

Example. Can 5* characters be boosted a bit more for bosses? Sub nodes are scaled towards your roster and generally speaking I have teams with 30,000-40,000HP to chew through. That's CL9 levels of health but if I happen to have a decently levelled 5* for the event, in regular PvE they get about 100 levels. In a boss fight they get about 15.

Also, boss events need CP added to progression.

See also giving out Classic Tokens. I might be wrong, but it couldn't be that difficult to create, surely? Add one to each PvE for a near completion bonus, something to make progression still feel interesing after the 4* cover (since everything after that is just some ISO, HP and a final CP reward).

These are all fairly small things that feel like they could be added by just changing some numbers or adding a line of code or two.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Replacing the 25th reward: 500 ISO-8 with Classic Legends is probably easier than adding extra rewards.

However, getting approval from management is probably not easy and adding in Classic Token is equivalent to adding an extra 50% CP to SCL 9 CP progression rewards (currently 40 CP). It's also equivalent to dropping 3 Stark Salary to get the 20CP.

Imagine the devs going up to the management and telling them that they are going to add Classic Tokens to SCL 8 or 9... The management will probably ask:

1a. "Why?"
    Ans: To make vets happy and we want to reward them for staying with us for the last 4 or 5 years.

1b. " Didn't they request for CPs to be the progression reward instead because they wanted more flexibility?"

Ans: Well, they are using CPs to open LTs only as a strategy to cover the Latest 5* that they find useful. Using CPs to pull Classic Legendary will affect their strategies. So...

2a. "How does that benefit us in the long term financially?"
    Vets will feel happier and they might spent more. 

2b. "Might?"

I won't be surprise if the approval process fails at question 2. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Replacing the 25th reward: 500 ISO-8 with Classic Legends is probably easier than adding extra rewards.

However, getting approval from management is probably not easy and adding in Classic Token is equivalent to adding an extra 50% CP to SCL 9 CP progression rewards (currently 40 CP). It's also equivalent to dropping 3 Stark Salary to get the 20CP.

Imagine the devs going up to the management and telling them that they are going to add Classic Tokens to SCL 8 or 9... The management will probably ask:

1a. "Why?"
    Ans: To make vets happy and we want to reward them for staying with us for the last 4 or 5 years.

1b. " Didn't they request for CPs to be the progression reward instead because they wanted more flexibility?"

Ans: Well, they are using CPs to open LTs only as a strategy to cover the Latest 5* that they find useful. Using CPs to pull Classic Legendary will affect their strategies. So...

2a. "How does that benefit us in the long term financially?"
    Vets will feel happier and they might spent more. 

2b. "Might?"

I won't be surprise if the approval process fails at question 2. 
    I think that's the first post of yours I can completely agree with.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd said:
    wymtime said:
     The problem with that idea is there are too many players in the game sitting on thousands of hero points and not using them.
    The economics of hero points are out of whack. remember when you could buy 4* covers for 1200 hero points? now you get 40 pulls from a store for 7000 to 15000+ most of which will be 2*. not many 'deals' are actually worth getting imo.

In those Days hero Points were a lot more rare though. We didn't have champion rewards or different SCLs so they were harder to get. Not that I am complaining about getting more HP, mind you...