From a 5* players point of view what i would like to see from MPQ.

Options

Comments

• Neuromancer
    Neuromancer Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I'd like them to make Story paths based on starter node team composition/affiliation. Using nothing but X-men? You may choose to experience the mutant version of the Story with different node make-up and enhanced rewards for accepting a limited roster. Starting node beat with nothing but Villains? You may choose to experience the naughty version of the Story! Oh, those were all Sinister Six? You get Norman Osborn's side of things... or something! This way players can achieve different goals for choosing to play with a diverse roster, and plan on different reward paths based on their team capabilities. Maybe "weaker" or limited affiliations could give better rewards since they're higher risk.

This could give a reason to ditch competition based Story(PvE) events, but I suppose specific Story paths could also give a boost in competition points if they want to stick with the competition-based play. I'd rather see them ditch it and keep competition a Versus(PvP)-only feature.

Edit: Oh, and, yeah, they need to boost the rewards of Versus events. I either aim for 575 or 900 (if I want the 4*) and then bail.

Edit-edit: Also, costumes should be able to alter allegiance!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    some kind of PvE system that didn't require me to play at very specific times to get top placement. 
    So more like the alliance event where you chose your difficulty node and no individual placement 
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Chiming in to say that what's been keeping things fresh for me is Kitty&Claws (4*Grocket) because it makes nodes more puzzly. Working to preserve my strikes and watch them grow to hilarious levels, it's a lot more engaging than the 1/2ThorMerica that was my go-to previously.

I'd really like to see a wave of 5* Buffs AND feeders. Silver Surfer remains my only un-champed Classic these days with luckily a 1/1/2 build (glad to not be missing a color) and I'd like to see him get there one day, but right now there's just no viable path for that. At least a feeder (Reed?) would give me a slow path to get there.

Meanwhile, I've got 4mm iso and nothing to spend it on. I'd still like to see an outlet for that. Heck, make another purchase option for Classic Legendary tokens be 100k iso or something. More options to use resources preserve scarcity, which keeps the economy of the game moving.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just wish they'd get rid of that damned skip tax, already.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'd like them to make Story paths based on starter node team composition/affiliation. Using nothing but X-men? You may choose to experience the mutant version of the Story with different node make-up and enhanced rewards for accepting a limited roster. Starting node beat with nothing but Villains? You may choose to experience the naughty version of the Story! Oh, those were all Sinister Six? You get Norman Osborn's side of things... or something! This way players can achieve different goals for choosing to play with a diverse roster, and plan on different reward paths based on their team capabilities. Maybe "weaker" or limited affiliations could give better rewards since they're higher risk.

This could give a reason to ditch competition based Story(PvE) events, but I suppose specific Story paths could also give a boost in competition points if they want to stick with the competition-based play. I'd rather see them ditch it and keep competition a Versus(PvP)-only feature.
    I think there is a lot of design space around ideas like this:

1) Like you mention, affiliation-based nodes or villain/hero nodes

2) Star level limited nodes

3) Instead of just character boosts, have some character blackouts

4) An event where every character can only be used once.

5) Ummm....Heroics? 

6) Raid-style PvE where everyone shares the board, and can clear a maximum of 3 nodes. (Last PvE was NOT a raid)

7) Alliance team wars!!!
  • Hilk
    Hilk Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    jredd said:
    they need to introduce a classic legends token. i use my cp on latest pulls, which means any 5* in classics don't get covers except from feeders or bonus heroes (yeah, right...). a classics token would allow those of us that only pull from latests to still acquire covers from the other 5* at a somewhat reasonable rate. at least better than 0 pulls.

also, remove 2* from heroic tokens. more 3* and 4* pulls would help rosters improve little quicker.

In addition to this, perhaps a rotation of “classics” for the tokens (or cp), like they did with fan favorites, but ongoing... so you can improve the odds of getting things you need.  Having them rotate every week you would see each 5* about 2x a year for a few weeks...
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hilk said:
    jredd said:
    they need to introduce a classic legends token. i use my cp on latest pulls, which means any 5* in classics don't get covers except from feeders or bonus heroes (yeah, right...). a classics token would allow those of us that only pull from latests to still acquire covers from the other 5* at a somewhat reasonable rate. at least better than 0 pulls.

also, remove 2* from heroic tokens. more 3* and 4* pulls would help rosters improve little quicker.

In addition to this, perhaps a rotation of “classics” for the tokens (or cp), like they did with fan favorites, but ongoing... so you can improve the odds of getting things you need.  Having them rotate every week you would see each 5* about 2x a year for a few weeks...
    What they need is CL10 in PVE where top progression gives 1 5* character or a 5* token where it pulls from just 5*. A classic token is still just a 15% odds of getting a 5* and the dilution of 5* is huge.  There are 29 5* total and 26 of them are in classics so 15% odds of getting 3.8% chance of getting a 5* you want.  Then you need to figure out the color you need.  A 5* token with garunteed 5* pull or just earning the 5* is what is needed.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I wonder when they are going to move this to suggestions?
    I guess to help variety in the PVP environment, you could give have a boosted bonus percentage to points for victory for using certain 5 star characters on a weekly basis as well as based on the usage patterns of the players.
    Let's say you put Okoye and Thor as the typical team and then give them a multiplication factor of 1.
    If you use certain characters, like Spiderman black suit you would get a win bonus of 30%. 
    Use Banner or Doctor Ock you could get a win bonus of 50%. 
    I suppose Wasp would be a win bonus of 100% because she is so horrid. 
    Then of course some characters would weekly get an extra bonus of 20% to the win total if used.
    So let's say Old Man Logan and Phoenix Both get a throwback bonus for of 20% each.  If you win with that team, you would get  an extra 40% win, plus whatever else they would normally give for being less than adequate.
    It would clearly, spice up variety and bakes.

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Okay I thought about it and yes, I desperately want some Classic Legendary tokens that are earnable somehow.

I just levelled my Black Widow from 255 to 390 ahead of the Ultron event and I'd like very much to be able to champ her some time. But that's basically impossible since the latest legendaries are almost always the tokens to buy. If there's nothing worth opening a latest for, then you just hoard CP and tokens until there's a super good 5* in the mix again.

I have literally no reason to spend CP on a classic. Well...I have reasons, I'd like champ levels and the ability to cover older 5*s that are still good, but it's at the detriment of covering new 5*s.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Not a 5* guy but if I was I think I’d like a rotating store in addition to Latest and Classic like they do new release stores.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Liked the everything in the OP but #5 (I know, you’re shocked)

This would be my #5:
    some kind of PvE system that didn't require me to play at very specific times to get top placement. 

• CCW1208
    CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1. Adjust classic 5* healthy point and match power: I think it is the easiest way to remake 5*. My Lv 475 PHX can't tank Lv 454 Thor green damage. PHX is my 1st and favorite 5*. Now I can't use her because she is really weak in HP and match ower
    2. Adjust week Buff 4* and 5*. Only 5 4* are buffed each week. Only one essential 5* is in god mode. That makes the PVE less competitive. You can't be top 5 in CL9 without godmode 5* (I knows some super PVE player can get it. At least I can't get it)
    3. I think that CPs are enough for active 5* player to champion latest 5*. But for LV 500 players, you should pay the money
    4.Give up more support token please. Since RISO is release much more than before, I almost finish my 4* support. 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Okay I thought about it and yes, I desperately want some Classic Legendary tokens that are earnable somehow.

I just levelled my Black Widow from 255 to 390 ahead of the Ultron event and I'd like very much to be able to champ her some time. But that's basically impossible since the latest legendaries are almost always the tokens to buy. If there's nothing worth opening a latest for, then you just hoard CP and tokens until there's a super good 5* in the mix again.

I have literally no reason to spend CP on a classic. Well...I have reasons, I'd like champ levels and the ability to cover older 5*s that are still good, but it's at the detriment of covering new 5*s.
    high five!

even with the dilution, pulling occasionally from classics would give you some 5* covers. better than the no 5* covers from never pulling from that store.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Here is the most frustrating part.  Many good ideas have been posted here over the years to die.   Just like this thread will die.  They won’t read it and if they do, no “red” will comment.  It is just so frustrating to have so many great ideas and they don’t listen or care unless it is complete outrage. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited November 2018
    Options
    TL;DR: There are a lot of factors that go into determining whether a player suggestion can make it into the game, and/or how quickly it is able to be implemented.
    Here is the most frustrating part.  Many good ideas have been posted here over the years to die.   Just like this thread will die.  They won’t read it and if they do, no “red” will comment.  It is just so frustrating to have so many great ideas and they don’t listen or care unless it is complete outrage. 
    Who says we don't read these threads ;)

I'm not a developer, so please keep in mind that I have a limited perspective, but I think one of the challenges of considering player suggestions is if and/or when it can be something we add to the development schedule, since everything is planned months in advance. This is not only factoring in the literal task of developing the feature, but also the concept design, approval, and bug testing phases. (Not in that order, of course)

Granted this is all due-process stuff that players aren't aware or potentially care about, understandably so because it's not exactly exciting, but it explains why some things either don't make it (concept/approval phase) or take a while to make into the game (all phases).
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    TL;DR: There are a lot of factors that go into determining whether a player suggestion can make it into the game, and/or how quickly it is able to be implemented.

I'm not a developer, so please keep in mind that I have a limited perspective, but I think one of the challenges of considering player suggestions is if and/or when it can be something we add to the development schedule, since everything is planned months in advance. This is not only factoring in the literal task of developing the feature, but also the concept design, approval, and bug testing phases. (Not in that order, of course)

Granted this is all due-process stuff that players aren't aware or potentially care about, understandably so because it's not exactly exciting, but it explains why some things either don't make it (concept/approval phase) or take a while to make into the game (all phases).
    So what is the development schedule for completing the 5* feeders since it has been over a year now AND we have the saved cover feature which is why this was to be a slow roll out?  When is the schedule for support tokens to be updated since new released characters are added every start of the new season?  This is just 2 very simple things that has been asked and talked about with nothing back.  
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:

It would help, if the devs didn't go off and do their thing completely on their own, but instead gauge interest before implementing stuff.

Years ago we were asked if we wanted to see "Away missions" for our characters.
    Everybody was enthusiastic about those.
    We haven't heard anything about that feature ever since.

Instead we got supports, which absolutely nobody asked for, without any consultation.

Stuff like that is the _really_ frustrating part.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Brigby said:

It would help, if the devs didn't go off and do their thing completely on their own, but instead gauge interest before implementing stuff.

Years ago we were asked if we wanted to see "Away missions" for our characters.
    Everybody was enthusiastic about those.
    We haven't heard anything about that feature ever since.

Instead we got supports, which absolutely nobody asked for, without any consultation.

Stuff like that is the _really_ frustrating part.
    They've also been too busy with costumes. 

Who wants new game modes when we can have new costumes?  ;)