From a 5* players point of view what i would like to see from MPQ.

Options
wymtime
wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
So I currently have 20 5* championed and 3 additional 5* at 12 covers.  I have all 4* champed except taskmaster.  For me these are the things I want to see from the game to improve my overall experience.  Yes these are my ideas but I feel other 5* players will probably feel similar.

#1 rebalance more 5* with buffs.  Right now Banner, doc Ock, Wasp, Loki, BSSM, all are in bad spots and need buffs.  Spending some time on these characters to make them more than a meat shield in PVE when they are essential will help the game.
#2 increase the odds of getting a bonus hero on 5*.  The chances of getting a 5* are only 15% and to get a bonus hero on a 5* is super rare.  Make it when you pull a 5* you have a 20-33% chance of getting a bonus hero.
#3 give every 5* a 4* feeder.  This has gone on for too long get them all a feeder or 2.
#4 improve the rewards in can earn so much more CP in PVE compared to PVP.  CL9 PVP s the same CP as CL7.  Increase the rewards to get more players to play at their top CL.
#5 make it easier to acquire supports.  Supports are way to hard to get and level.  You have most of the good supports in the new support token you can only get from the HFH stir or using CP.  these should be a lot easier to acquire especially level 4 & 5 supports.
#6 add a 5* crash of the Titian’s to deadpool, daily quests.   This could even give a master support token.
#7 focus more on gameplay new PVE, new boss events, over cosmetics.  I would be fine even next to cosmetics.  But don’t lose sight into what makes the game fun it is the match 3 gameplay and different events.

i know this is 5* heavy slant as I am a 5* player please add anything else you would like to see added or changed about the game.

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm completely stuck with 5*s. I'm in a race to get the latest three champed before one of them leaves the packs.

My luck's not been great. Loki's at 7/2/3 and Cable's at 2/1/5, so immediately two of the three new 5*s have a 1 in 3 chance of giving me a cover that doesn't help them progress.

For the first time since before championing, I'm ISO positive. I hover between 700-850k most times, spending only on dupe 3*s or a new 4* when I get a cover for them. Then I sit and wait, hoping for a 5* cover from a legendary token and then hoping again it's not one I already have 5 of which feels like a waste of time. Until then, I can't level them up. And even if I do, I just max them as far as they can go and still have 700k left to hoard.

I'd love to make better progress in 5* land, but it's *so* RNG as to be frustrating. Getting a 4* used to be beneficial, but now I grumble when getting one. Then grumble more when it's one that's not a 5* feeder and grumble *further* when I don't get a bonus to help me progress the undercovered ones.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    they need to introduce a classic legends token. i use my cp on latest pulls, which means any 5* in classics don't get covers except from feeders or bonus heroes (yeah, right...). a classics token would allow those of us that only pull from latests to still acquire covers from the other 5* at a somewhat reasonable rate. at least better than 0 pulls.

also, remove 2* from heroic tokens. more 3* and 4* pulls would help rosters improve little quicker.

• Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    jredd said:
    they need to introduce a classic legends token. i use my cp on latest pulls, which means any 5* in classics don't get covers except from feeders or bonus heroes (yeah, right...). a classics token would allow those of us that only pull from latests to still acquire covers from the other 5* at a somewhat reasonable rate. at least better than 0 pulls.

also, remove 2* from heroic tokens. more 3* and 4* pulls would help rosters improve little quicker.

I have literally no idea what you're suggesting. There's already a classic legendary token.
    I mean...unless you mean add it to PvE and PvP or something? Or do you mean create one that costs, like, 500HP or something?

Please explain o.o
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jredd said:

I have literally no idea what you're suggesting. There's already a classic legendary token.
    I mean...unless you mean add it to PvE and PvP or something? Or do you mean create one that costs, like, 500HP or something?

Please explain o.o
    He means a token that can only be used exclusively in the Classic LTs store. Right now, literally the only way to get a Classic LT is by spending 20CP. There is no specific token for that.
  • jredd
    Options
    jredd said:

Please explain o.o
    i've never gotten a classic legendary token. latest tokens sure. if there's a classic legends token out there it's not something i've ever seen. 

you can purchase a classic pack for 20 cp yeah? but anyone chasing the latest 5* probably isn't using their cp there. if there was a token you could get from progression, placement, champ rewards and the like then we wouldn't have to use cp for classics. and we'd still pull older 5* covers on occasion.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jredd said:
    jredd said:

Please explain o.o
    i've never gotten a classic legendary token. latest tokens sure. if there's a classic legends token out there it's not something i've ever seen. 

you can purchase a classic pack for 20 cp yeah? but anyone chasing the latest 5* probably isn't using their cp there. if there was a token you could get from progression, placement, champ rewards and the like then we wouldn't have to use cp for classics. and we'd still pull older 5* covers on occasion.
    If they introduce an actual classic token, they'll replace an LT with it.
    No, thanks.

This would result in no progress on classics, AND not covering Latest.
  • jredd
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    jredd said:
    jredd said:

Please explain o.o

If they introduce an actual classic token, they'll replace an LT with it.
    No, thanks.

This would result in no progress on classics, AND not covering Latest.
    who said they'll replace an lt with it? no one said that. i'm certainly not suggesting that. who am i kidding, they'd almost definitely do that.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It would never happen. They can’t even give us Heroics back (which would be one of the easiest ways to encourage using other characters). Too many people complained about not getting to use their good characters and feeling “locked out”. I can’t imagine the complaints that would roll in for people who don’t have the “right” characters to meet these conditions. 

The game is supposed to become easier for vets as their roster grows. Unfortunately easier also means more boring since you can 5* crush your way through everything (main reason I’m transitioning at a snails pace... diversity and challenge are important for me to maintain interest). 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Unfortunately easier also means more boring since you can 5* crush your way through everything (main reason I’m transitioning at a snails pace... diversity and challenge are important for me to maintain interest). 

It's not like 4* play is especially exciting.
    Pick your two best boosted 4s, use them for a week in both PVP and PVE, rinse, repeat.
    The same thing could be happening with weekly 5* boosts in PVP.
    Diversity in 4* play only exists until you have a few 340+ 4s - you'll use those when boosted, and the rest of your low level 4s gather dust.

Then it's a long, long, long wait until you have ALL the 4s at 340+, which is where most 5* players are - then you can use anyone again because you'll always have the best boosted 4s at 340 every week.

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,922 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    Options
    It would never happen. They can’t even give us Heroics back (which would be one of the easiest ways to encourage using other characters). Too many people complained about not getting to use their good characters and feeling “locked out”. I can’t imagine the complaints that would roll in for people who don’t have the “right” characters to meet these conditions. 

The game is supposed to become easier for vets as their roster grows. Unfortunately easier also means more boring since you can 5* crush your way through everything (main reason I’m transitioning at a snails pace... diversity and challenge are important for me to maintain interest). 
    There are actually a few work arounds for this particular issue:

1. Make conditioned based events invisible to players until they reach a certain S.H.I.E.L.D. rank to avoid making newer players feel like they are missing out. Conditions based events probably shouldn't be accessible to players until they are almost finished the 3* tier and have a good foothold in the 4* tier so set it for a rank where a player will be able to make some headway in the event.

2. Don't make them competitive and allow players the freedom to choose what teams they would like to use. The restrictions should come from the actual conditions. It wouldn't make sense to bring 4* Grocket, 3* Star-Lord and 5* Okoye to a challenge that requires you have 12 protect tiles on the board. Sure, there will be instances a player won't have the ideal team or may not complete portions of the event but if it's presented to be a tough puzzle for individual completion rather than a competition for great rewards, I think people would be more receptive and enjoy the challenge.

Think of the Crash of the Titans node and how a lot of people express delight when finally being able to win with an under-covered character.

3. Allow the player to choose a difficulty level with appropriate rewards for each level selected.  For example, easy mode (for 1~2 tier rosters) : the event has three nodes, focused mainly on special tile creation and stuns.

Node 1: Stun 1 character for 3 turns.
    Node 2: Set up 6 strike tiles on the board
    Node 3: Set 3 critical tiles on the board.

Normal mode: includes those three nodes with increased difficulty, plus a new set of three nodes that utilizes characteristics introduced in the 3* tier not found in the lower tiers (buffing tiles, charged tiles)

Node 1: Stun 2 characters for 3 turns in the same turn
    Node 2: Set up to 12 strike tiles on the board.
    Node 3: Set 5 critical tiles on the board at once.

Node 4: Enemy team only takes damage from charged tiles either matched or destroyed.
    Node 5: The board must have at least 1 strike, 1 protect, 1 web tile and 1 countdown tile.
    Node 6: Buff a protect tile to 1,000 strength

Hard mode: would see these nodes once again increased in difficulty plus, a new set of nodes with powers introduced in the 4* tier (invisibility, hot dog eating, fortified tiles)

And then Legendary mode: increased difficulty of previous nodes with new nodes tailored for 5* character power sets.

As they say, if there's a will there's a way. While I can't speak for everyone, I do think it would be a welcome addition to the game. :)

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options

Echo others thoughts, rebalance 5s, more variety, some UI improvements, make supports usable and so on

How about some sort of Gauntlet but with fixed teams, a bit like Behemoth Burrito style.  No requirement to play in order so nodes can be skipped if you don't have req character.  Use some imagination in creating both teams, show off synergies both on offense and defense.

DDQ needs a refresh too, add in 5s to the rotation somehow.

Anything that brings in roster diversity would be welcome.  SIM I try and play with more of my 5s, but you're still fighting the same Thorkoye teams on the other side.

I also want some way of improving my roster more consistently.  My 5s are stalled.  I can get latest champed, but then they move on and once in classics it's an impossible job to add any meaningful level count. 

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Unfortunately easier also means more boring since you can 5* crush your way through everything (main reason I’m transitioning at a snails pace... diversity and challenge are important for me to maintain interest). 

It's not like 4* play is especially exciting.
    Pick your two best boosted 4s, use them for a week in both PVP and PVE, rinse, repeat.
    The same thing could be happening with weekly 5* boosts in PVP.
    Diversity in 4* play only exists until you have a few 340+ 4s - you'll use those when boosted, and the rest of your low level 4s gather dust.

Then it's a long, long, long wait until you have ALL the 4s at 340+, which is where most 5* players are - then you can use anyone again because you'll always have the best boosted 4s at 340 every week.

Yeah I thought about that myself and noticed that weekly 5* boosts were not mentioned on the list of things 5* players would like to see. 

Maybe it’s because my characters are nowhere near 340 that I still enjoy diversity.  I am in a sweet spot where they are playable with my max champed 3s and soft capped 5s. I guess that won’t last forever. But I do try to build evenly as possible and almost always have my bonus on the newest character instead of the trying to get the best ones or feeders ahead of all else. My lowest float around 280 and highest around 310. 

I think we mean different things by diversity. Within an event there aren’t enough matches to play all the characters on my roster so yeah I tend to build around my boost list. I don’t always pick the best 2 boosted 4* though. I know that for a fact. Sometimes a lower ranked 4 will just have better synergy with the featured 3* so I may use them in PVP over someone I rank higher. 
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options

There are actually a few work arounds for this particular issue:

1. Make conditioned based events invisible to players until they reach a certain S.H.I.E.L.D. rank to avoid making newer players feel like they are missing out. Conditions based events probably shouldn't be accessible to players until they are almost finished the 3* tier and have a good foothold in the 4* tier so set it for a rank where a player will be able to make some headway in the event.

2. Don't make them competitive and allow players the freedom to choose what teams they would like to use. The restrictions should come from the actual conditions. It wouldn't make sense to bring 4* Grocket, 3* Star-Lord and 5* Okoye to a challenge that requires you have 12 protect tiles on the board. Sure, there will be instances a player won't have the ideal team or may not complete portions of the event but if it's presented to be a tough puzzle for individual completion rather than a competition for great rewards, I think people would be more receptive and enjoy the challenge.

Think of the Crash of the Titans node and how a lot of people express delight when finally being able to win with an under-covered character.

While I like this idea, I don't think it would work in the long run. I like this more as an achievement system more than a new mode. Sort of a one time reward, then it unlocks progressively higher level challenges. I just think, even with Kaecilius or Apocalypse which are the most challenging fights, after you see them 5 times you have the same problem of it being repetitive. And because they are more specific to win they don't really let you experiment, they just force you to use specific abilities.
    If the goal is to incentivize using more characters, while not penalize using the same ones, then give rewards for using more characters. Give each character a boost on first use of the day and give rewards for every XX different characters used per day. Give small ap boost for using full team affiliations or something like that. 

What I'd like most for 5*s. Rebalances and a 1:1 cover swap. There's still better and worse character design that can't be helped with buffs, but at some point bad characters can be a little dangerous
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    jredd said:

Please explain o.o
    He means a token that can only be used exclusively in the Classic LTs store. Right now, literally the only way to get a Classic LT is by spending 20CP. There is no specific token for that.
    Gooooootcha. Now I understand, thanks =)
    Figured it was simpler than my brain was making it out to be.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    New game modes, specifically a condition based win system.

I believe this would single-handedly increase value for non-meta characters and will encourage players to use more of their roster instead of just their "strongest".

For example:
    - a challenge where you have to reach a certain threshold in terms of either overall strength or number for a particular special tile before you are able to damage the enemy team.
    - A scenario where you need your whole team to be invisible to sneak into Dr. Doom's castle and they only have a limited amount of turns before they are caught.
    - Escape plan: You need the total amount defense tiles to reach a certain amount of defense points to ensure your whole team is able to escape.
    - Etc.

Such a system would also encourage the use of supports and would be a great way of distributing supports, red iso, costumes and new token types.

Currently, the main two types of game modes are PvP and PvE and while there are differences between the two meta's for the most part if you are playing competitively it leaves you using a handful of characters.

A new conditions based game mode, if done well, would vary up the challenges, requiring the player to look deeper into their roster to figure out how to meet the conditions of battle. There would be less need to buff characters if there were a game mode that valued their specific skill set. 

For instance, BSSM is awesomesauce against Kaecilius and 4* Grocket. Developing situations and challenges that allows a character's skills to shine, restricting the use of "brute" force, and making rewards for such challenges worthwhile would be a huge step in improving the overall game experience in my humble opinion.
    I think instead of new game modes maybe achievements that grant rewards.  That way it can be achievable but are not required.  So for winning a match with X number of protect tiles on the board would give you X iso.  
    IT could also be score X in PVP or X for the season and they could keep going up in difficulty.

i also think more PVE like strange sights with Kalactus or boss events like Apacolyps and Thanos could give the challenges you are looking for.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A 5* node is definitely needed for DDQ now. Get rid of 1* node and replace it with a 5* one. Give it a face lift.