Avengers Vs. Ultron - Event Details (11/27/18)

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the late Ultron rounds I've always used Hulkbuster with 3Cyclops and 3Fist. Cyclops can make red and Fist can make black, which HB can convert to more red. Then I simply repulser-punch Ultron into next week. You'll occasionally eat a countdown on a slow board but HB can take it with his boosted health (you don't want to get caught with either of the other two out front though).

For difficult side nodes full of Sentries, I remember having great success with 3Hawkeye and Medusa - they'll make the Sentries pay for everything they'll do.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    ursopro said:
    go dd/okoye/xfdp

let dd or okoye eat the bombs and xfdp kill Ultron

Just keep in mind that Ultron cannot be Stunned, so you won't be able to use DD's Purple unless there are enemy special tiles on the board. That question tends to be asked when there's a boss event...
    Then XFDP purple. CD 4 Whaaaaaat!
    For damage, that’s for what.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fellow people in 4* land don't forget to use Kraven on the side nodes. You can toss in Carnage if you want to get the parade of death going faster. Ahhh, Kraven, I no longer fear the Ultron sentries. <3 As for Ultron I tried Carol and C/D but stupid Cloak and Dagger kept screwing up her yellow matches. Now trying Hulkbuster with C/D and XFDP and it's working well so far.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    shardwick said:
    Fellow people in 4* land don't forget to use Kraven on the side nodes. You can toss in Carnage if you want to get the parade of death going faster. Ahhh, Kraven, I no longer fear the Ultron sentries. <3 As for Ultron I tried Carol and C/D but stupid Cloak and Dagger kept screwing up her yellow matches. Now trying Hulkbuster with C/D and XFDP and it's working well so far.
    Forgot about Kraven. Thanks for the reminder 😉 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well I've Hulkbusted Ultron's behind so far but I seem to remember those bombs get pretty hardcore in later rounds. 3* Widow can help but her red colour overlap with 'Busty isn't ideal. I guess I can dust off my 3/1/1 5* Widow and see how she does, she was bored on the bench anyway.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    In the possibly most Rube Goldbergian approach for this event's boosted list, I've been running FalCap, XFDP, Switch.  Use blue matches to accelerate Arcane Incantation, use purple to spam Countdown for What, watch Ultron detonate countdowns and himself (or if you eat a bomb, DP retaliations).

• DAZ0273
    In the possibly most Rube Goldbergian approach for this event's boosted list, I've been running FalCap, XFDP, Switch.  Use blue matches to accelerate Arcane Incantation, use purple to spam Countdown for What, watch Ultron detonate countdowns and himself (or if you eat a bomb, DP retaliations).

I have to admit that I was trying to think of a way to use FalCap as he is boosted but most of my thoughts were in trying to get out his yellow and then red and really, who can be bothered?

However I do like your team there. I might not run it more than once but I am definitely giving that a try.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:

I have to admit that I was trying to think of a way to use FalCap as he is boosted but most of my thoughts were in trying to get out his yellow and then red and really, who can be bothered?

However I do like your team there. I might not run it more than once but I am definitely giving that a try.
    I've been using FalCap with half Thor.  Apparently I like living life on the edge, but I still have yet to have a cascade cause a bomb hit the bottom (though I've been close).  Right now, 4* Widow is my third as her yellow can bring down Divebomb's cost and I don't need the shields out to one shot Ultron (yet).  Mine was doing over 20k.  Carol with 2 black batteries (Clagger, Fist, Domino, etc.) is probably going to be needed in later rounds, but for now, yeah I'm trying out other folks while I can.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    It seems a shame that the 5E characters weren't updated with the newer Avengers released on the boost list - Thor and Infini-Cap.

Not that it will stop anyone using Thor but Infini-Cap is missing his time to shine! Punching bosses is what he is good at! I see Widow got her way, the sly sneak that she is! What does poor Cap have to do? He deserves to punch things too!
    I loved this comment and just wanted to lament that the boosts for bosses are so minimal in the 5 tier.  A champed CapIW is just as useful, boosted or not, in boss battles.  Although Ultron doesn’t have any ill effects from using Cap’s purple.
  • DAZ0273
    bluewolf said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    It seems a shame that the 5E characters weren't updated with the newer Avengers released on the boost list - Thor and Infini-Cap.

Not that it will stop anyone using Thor but Infini-Cap is missing his time to shine! Punching bosses is what he is good at! I see Widow got her way, the sly sneak that she is! What does poor Cap have to do? He deserves to punch things too!
    I loved this comment and just wanted to lament that the boosts for bosses are so minimal in the 5 tier.  A champed CapIW is just as useful, boosted or not, in boss battles.  Although Ultron doesn’t have any ill effects from using Cap’s purple.
    So you are saying that Infini-Cap doesn't deserve to feel special then? It isn't about how many levels he gets, it is about him feeling that he *matters*. He is good at punching bosses but everybody is all ,"Oh I'm using Thorkoye" or whatever that unholy combination is called. Why can't he get to be n that first column? I can't "love" your comment because of it's crass hatred of Cap. I hope you can sleep at night (probably not because you are holding your "I hate Infini-Cap" weekly meeting then). 
  • DAZ0273
    Or maybe...😉
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Well I've Hulkbusted Ultron's behind so far but I seem to remember those bombs get pretty hardcore in later rounds. 3* Widow can help but her red colour overlap with 'Busty isn't ideal. I guess I can dust off my 3/1/1 5* Widow and see how she does, she was bored on the bench anyway.
    When I was in 3* land I used Switch, 3* Widow at 5/3/5 and IM40. It takes a little while to beat him, and it can be a little tricky to pull off, but I beat him with that team on round 8. About to finish him off if in my next two fights on round 8 with Carol, C/D and Hulkbuster but I'll probably use my 3* team tomorrow when I'm just screwing around and don't care about losing.

For anyone that wants some strategy for that team I try to get IM40's tiles to go off near the top. Use Widow's red to clear out bombs. Use her purples to make straight match 4s if you need to clear out some hard to reach bombs if your red isn't ready otherwise try to connect as many greens as possible. When you have a clear board use her green. Lather, rinse, repeat.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thor okoye Chavez, rare a bomb got in the bottom half before it was over. Please push the button on saturdays for the next pve  :)
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2018
    Tony_Foot said:
    Thor okoye Chavez, rare a bomb got in the bottom half before it was over. Please push the button on saturdays for the next pve  :)
    No, thank you. 

A) not everyone finishes as quickly. 

B ) even people who have finished, like myself, like time off from this game without having to worry about clears. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    In the late Ultron rounds I've always used Hulkbuster with 3Cyclops and 3Fist. Cyclops can make red and Fist can make black, which HB can convert to more red. Then I simply repulser-punch Ultron into next week. You'll occasionally eat a countdown on a slow board but HB can take it with his boosted health (you don't want to get caught with either of the other two out front though).

For difficult side nodes full of Sentries, I remember having great success with 3Hawkeye and Medusa - they'll make the Sentries pay for everything they'll do.

I've used Nightcrawler in place of Iron Fist.  The purple's more expensive, but fire it off after you use either Hulkbuster's blue or Cyclops's yellow, and you can regularly get 25+ red AP.  More often than not, there will be match 4 and 5 that can take our rows/columns as well.  Plus, there's always the possibility of InfiniBAMF.  Sadly,  Nightcrawler can't take a bomb hit either.

I respec Cyclops to 3/5/5 and Hulkbuster to 5/3/5 for this fight/team only, as the whole point of this team is to get red on the board.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot said:
    No, thank you. 

B ) even people who have finished, like myself, like time off from this game without having to worry about clears. 
    No one would be forcing you to play it and if you didn’t you wouldn’t be losing out because you’re not getting it now. Same as I never play a single LR. 
  • Nick441234
    Tony_Foot said:
    Tony_Foot said:
    No, thank you. 

No one would be forcing you to play it and if you didn’t you wouldn’t be losing out because you’re not getting it now. Same as I never play a single LR. 
    Just as no one is forcing you to sit on the game all weekend. Do something else. 
  • Tony_Foot
    So because you don’t want to play the game no one else should, er ok.
  • Nick441234
    edited December 2018
    Tony_Foot said:
    So because you finish the event early they should open up a new one so you have something to do, er ok. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot said:
    So because you finish the event early they should open up a new one so you have something to do, er ok. 
    Yes, plenty of us have asked for another side event to play now these events take half the time they used too. If you don’t want to play you don’t have too, I like to have the option.