Avengers Vs. Ultron - Event Details (11/27/18)

124»

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    In all the time I’ve played (3 1/2 years) the only not-precisely-on-the-same-schedule things have been:

1. One new release during the week (not a weekend)

2. One day of no pve (Sunday) when they ran 2 3-day events in the same 7 day cycle

3.  2? 3? 7-day events that ran through a Thursday.

Let’s say they put some more events in on Saturday during boss events.    A couple results:
    1.  People who aren’t in alliances could play these side events.  the developers don’t want that; they want active alliances, and boss events encourage that. 
     2.  People who are already done with Ultron will be able to play these side events, while other people are still struggling, so they get further ahead of the players already behind them, having milked the boss rewards already.

The devs always launch a Sunday event that overlaps the last day of bosses, and even high level ally’s are probably playing some of Saturday, so there really isn’t that much “downtime” in terms of pve. There’s always Simulator or other pvp.  Or a bunch of other fun games. Or actual real life fun and responsibilities....

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's probably the cheapest loss I've seen in this event: Ultron destroyed the bottom row, resulting in a board with no available matches.  When the board reshuffled, there were three bombs on the bottom row.  With round 8 damage, that was enough to take out my entire team before I could do anything about it.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    jamesh said:
    That's probably the cheapest loss I've seen in this event: Ultron destroyed the bottom row, resulting in a board with no available matches.  When the board reshuffled, there were three bombs on the bottom row.  With round 8 damage, that was enough to take out my entire team before I could do anything about it.
    I've had that happen on earlier rounds...and yeah, it's terrible.  I was lucky enough to have a team that could each survive one bomb hit at LVL 8 (Champed 5-star Widow, Champed 5-star Thor, and Boosted Hulkbuster.)  One match I finished up with Thor at 118 health left after a bomb and cascades nearly took him out.  Fortunately, that supercharged Widow's black, letting her ability do about 26K in damage and take Ultron out.

While I'd like to see something preventing that, it is such a corner case that the devs trying to fix it would probably result in breaking a few things that happen more frequently with the board shuffling algorithm.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's the first time I've wiped this way, so I agree it probably isn't worth trying to code a fix for.
    With that said, if they were going to change the behaviour, one option would be to keep the bomb locations fixed during the reshuffle.  They do that for the horsemen tiles in the Apocalypse event, but I'm not sure how easy it'd be to reuse that logic.
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    The latest boss events, Sinister 6 and Apocalypse, had a personal max progression of 900k and an alliance max progression of 6 million.  Will the older boss events ever be adjusted to that total, down from the old standard 1.2 million for individual / 9.7 million alliance?    This doesn't affect me, but I remember years ago how dire it felt to grind repeatedly for that last 4 star cover in round 7.