Maggia Don trap tile counting incorrectly [Investigating]

JackTenrec
JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
Full disclaimer: I might have miscounted, but I'm pretty sure I didn't.

The trap tile is supposed to down a character if there are more than 5 enemy countdown tiles on the board.  I had a board where I'm pretty sure that I had exactly six, but matched two yellow countdowns away, which should have left me with four.  The next turn, the trap went off, downed Kitty Pryde, and several countdowns immediately spawned thereafter.

I can see a few possible scenarios:

1) The threshold isn't set correctly.  The text said more than five, but it might be working at five.

2) The count is (incorrectly) taken at the beginning of the turn, before I matched away tiles.

3) The count is (incorrectly) taken based on the final board state, which would include new tile spawns -- even though the tile had already fired (and should also not have been included in the count evaluation).

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah this gets mentioned from time to time. I'm not sure it's ever gotten an official comment.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    I believe this is the most extensive thread on it, and afaik it never even got acknowledged. Iirc, the don cheats by placing new countdowns on his turn before the black cd resolves. So even though you think you're safe, it might not be the case. Happened to me as well once i think, but it isnt very common.