When to go for the 5* land / Next 4* champions

2»

Comments

• bk201bk201 Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Thanks @Waddles_Pines and @ThaRoadWarrior for clarifying this! Also, nice tip to use her against Rogue!
    Dormammu said:
    Dig this - if you team her with XF Deadpool in PvP against other 5-stars, their match damage will trigger his passive ability that makes 1-turn damaging countdown tiles. Okoye boosts them with her passive and the damage goes through the roof. Add Drax as a third and his passive triggers every time a countdown reaches zero and does more damage... boosted by Okoye. So with Okoye and two 4-stars I can slaughter through any set of champed 5-stars, no matter who they are, in a tiny number of turns. Okoye tanks all colors and true heals off her yellow, so even though she's taking hits I don't use any health packs. I take a large number of losses on retals because they suck on defense, but who cares?

In PvE I put her with Medusa and Strange and they'll tear through any set of three goons in about 4-5 turns. If I'm really in a hurry (seeking placement) I swap out Strange for Thanos and Okoye boosts Court Death, so any team (goons or active, it doesn't matter) are wiped out in 2-3 turns as long as there is Team-Up AP available.
    Awesome combo for PvP! For someone who is way less than halfway of championing the 4*s, she would be a great addition as she pairs well with several!
    With regards to Okoye's thread, I made that comment when it was still not clear what her Black did or did not boost. I think it got fixed a little. For example, when Okoye first came out she boosted Gambit's Red bonus damage when he destroyed Charged tiles; shortly after, it was fixed so that she didn't boost Gambit's Red.

@bk201 how goes your current stash? According to your last update, you have 215 LTs and around 375CP. If you've since added to that, and can get a decent amount of CP and LTs in the next 3-4 days, you have a good shot at getting around 11-12 covers for Okoye (that's based on my estimate of you having at least 217 LTs and 400CP). Take into account LTs and CPs from champ rewards, and setting Okoye as your sole 5* BH, and you have a decent chance of covering her. (I don't want to get your hopes up though; RNG is a fickle beast heh.) But yes, as mentioned, you should be able to get 11-12 covers for Okoye, and pray that you don't get dupe covers. Then you can finish her off via Bonus Heroes and/or Shuri feeding her.
    My current stash is 215 LT + 550 CP (or 22 LT), total of 237 tokens. Plus, champ rewards. Yeah, RNG is killing me lately, not getting anything different of 2*s from Elite, Heroic and Events tokens during this week. :/

Questions:

1) What to expect from scaling after start levelling a 5*? I assume the impact will be greater on PvP

2) When she'll leave the latest: 10/01 or 10/08?

3) What are the odds/statistics of getting 5* covers of her from LT?
    There's is a 15% chance of getting a 5*, so 5% getting an Okoye cover, is that right?
    If so, opening all 237 tokens, I'll probably get 35~36 5*s, hoping/praying to get more Okoye and less Wasp. Plus BH covers of her.
  • BlackBoltRocksBlackBoltRocks Posts: 2,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    @bk201

1) https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/67688/do-i-champ-a-5-if-im-in-the-4-transition#latest
    you can check out this thread. A few posts down, I detail my experiences when I made Surfer my first 5* champ.

2) 8 Oct

3) Yup everything you said is correct. Try accumulating as much LTs and CPs as you can in the next ~10 days.
    Thanks @BlackBoltRocks!

Great thread, it helped a lot to understand what to expect after leveling/championing the first 5*.

So I was excited as I have more time to get as much LT and CP as possible to increase the chances of getting 13 covers of Okoye, and then I read this:
    New Character!
    • Cable (Nathan Summers)
    • 5-Star Character
    • More details to come!
    Hope they reveal the details of the man who will kick Wasp out of the latest legends before 8 Oct.
  • DormammuDormammu Posts: 3,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    It sounds like Cable details, according to Brigby, will be here next week. But from what I've already heard from people who were watching closely during the gameplay footage in the Anniversary video he's shaping up to be pretty good. Cheap abilities with at least one big nuke that works somewhat like Valkyrie's red.

But don't let that derail you from Okoye. Cable won't enter tokens for a while. He won't even be released for another three weeks and won't enter tokens until a couple of weeks after that. Then you'll have (roughly) 18 more weeks before he leaves. That's a lot of time to rebuild the hoard.
    Dormammu said:
    It sounds like Cable details, according to Brigby, will be here next week. But from what I've already heard from people who were watching closely during the gameplay footage in the Anniversary video he's shaping up to be pretty good. Cheap abilities with at least one big nuke that works somewhat like Valkyrie's red.
    According to the footage, all 3 powers (blue, green and yellow) cost 7 ap each. About the nuke, he downs Moon Knight that has 8.7k HP. Yet, this is very little info, it doesn't tell much.
    But don't let that derail you from Okoye. Cable won't enter tokens for a while. He won't even be released for another three weeks and won't enter tokens until a couple of weeks after that. Then you'll have (roughly) 18 more weeks before he leaves. That's a lot of time to rebuild the hoard.
    You're absolutely right!
    Well, I got 249 Latest pulls (220 + 725 CP) and will open them tomorrow. I have a trip during the weekend and probably won't have enough time.

This is a very optimistic question: Should I try to get as many Okoye covers as I can or stop when I hit 13 enough to champ? What would you do?

I like the idea of saving some tokens to the future, in case I'm lucky enough to get those before spending everything.
  • gmtoscagmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    How much Iso to champ a 5*?  I'm nearing full coverage for 1-2 characters and I want to know how much I need to save.  Thanks.
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    gmtosca said:
    How much Iso to champ a 5*?  I'm nearing full coverage for 1-2 characters and I want to know how much I need to save.  Thanks.

575 000 ISO approximately.
    edited October 2018
    I opened a total of 261 Latest tokens and got this:
    4*:  227 (86,97%)
    5*:  34   (13,03%)

Bonus Heroes:
    4*:  9
    5*:  0 (not even one :/ )

Ended up with:
    Okoye: 5/3/4 (+1 saved black)
    Loki: 1/5/5 (+1 saved green)
    Wasp: 3/5/1

I tracked everything here, colors, bonus heroes and saved cover after applying everything.

Well, about saved covers, have 57 extra 4*s, that's 24% of 236 covers (considering BH). Thanks to this feature, I'll be able to champ those 4* without any pressure. I consider this is a high number and if it wasn't by this feature, would lost several of them.

I'm really happy that I have Okoye with 5 black, but it would be really nice to not get that dupe and be able to champ her. Sadly, got 6 Loki green covers and only 1 purple, don't think he'll be leveled anytime soon. I'll keep hoarding and reconsider if it's worth chasing 2 more covers when before he leaves the latest.

Updated my roster today. As for the 4*, this is the current scenario:

13: Elektra, Invisible Woman, Lockjaw, Miles, Mockingbird, Sam Wilson, Spider-Woman, Valkyrie, Wolverine, X-23
    12: IW Black Widow, Ghost Rider, Gwenpool, Iron Fist, Hulkbuster, Kingpin, Moon Knight, Professor X, Star-Lord, MEHulk, Punisher, Winter Soldier, Eddie Brock, Agent Venom
    11: America Chavez, Quake, Drax, Kraven, Nick fury, Nova, Peggy Carter
    10: Ghost, Kate Bishop, War Machine
    9: TAHulk, Carnage, Jubilee, Shuri, IW Spider-Man, Wiccan
    8 or less: Mr. Fantastic, Dazzler, Spider-Gwen, Emma, BPanther, Nebula

I'm so unlucky that I got only 1 Punisher blue and 7 black/green covers. Don't know if worth changing 5 extra covers for another blue. No Iron Fist green cover too. But I was lucky to get 5 Moon Knight covers and now he has 12 (He's one of my favorites comic characters)

I have 4MM ISO, I'll still have 3.5MM after taking Okoye to 435. So, I'll champ Valkyrie and Mockingbird. Anyone else with 13 covers deserves ISO for now? Maybe XF Wolverine to pair with XF Deadpool?
    UPDATE: Opened 33 classic tokens and got 8 5*s! That's almost a 25% rate! Despite didn't get any BH again, I was lucky enough to get a red Okoye, so now she has 13 covers, just waiting to be champed.