MPQ 5th Anniversary Celebration! *Updated (10/23/18)

Comments

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Wonko33 said:
    oh well then on Friday JJ becomes my first fully covered 5*- she's 4-4-4 now
    Me, too! She's 3-5-4 plus I have 3 saved covers... Yay! Not that I'm going to champ her yet, but it's sweet nonetheless...
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    Smart80 said:
    zodiac339 said:
    Smart80 said:
    Really didnt see that one coming... was convinced another Defender would feed her.

Whats best link between the 2?
    Strong and punch a lot?
    Lol, dont think we’ll get much further than that to ge honest..

well, did see something of The Wizzer having a cameo on season 2 of JJ and he would have been the husband of a different version of Ms America? 
    Gotta say that this goes way beyond my Marvel knowledge, but think we can officially stop all speculations after this one...
    They both do shoulder charge-y type attacks?
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    Maybe America feeds Jessica because they're both very popular in the game? Isn't that enough?
    No. We have clearly established that only unpopular or brand new characters are feeders. This is clearly a fluke. /sarcasm off
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    JHawkInc said:
    Maybe America feeds Jessica because they're both very popular in the game? Isn't that enough?
    I started playing this game for the fondness of Marvel. This seems random and not at all related to the what I do like.

RIP conversations about potential feeders. 
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc said:
    No..No, it does not...

It feels like watching Star Wars again, knowing Luke and Leia are brother and sister... just wrong...

Could have gone for a Marvel reference like if Human Torch and Invisible Woman would get amnesia and got close... but why bother, Star Wars is very popular too....
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    JHawkInc said:
    No. We have clearly established that only unpopular or brand new characters are feeders. This is clearly a fluke. /sarcasm off

I'm pretty excited by this.  This will be the first feeder to give me 2 free covers instead of 1 or 0.  Fingers crossed for Mordo > Strange next/soon (thought now that my Strange is 4/4/4 and I'm chasing him in Fan Favorites I'll probably have him champed by then).

• plano78
    plano78 Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Are they running Places of Power again, or did someone forget to edit it out of the very bottom of the post? I ask because under Friday, 10/19, it says "Places of Power, New Alliance Event." 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    I was half expecting it to run again that soon, since we typically get a second run of new things pretty quickly following the first run. That way you can apply the lessons you learned from it I guess; I don't think it's going to help my alliance any though.

But I think that's just a formatting glitch - Come and Get Me will be running at that time, and it seems unlikely there will be a pair of alliance events overlapping like that.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    plano78 said:
    Are they running Places of Power again, or did someone forget to edit it out of the very bottom of the post? I ask because under Friday, 10/19, it says "Places of Power, New Alliance Event." 
    It has always been at the bottom. That was there before they gave any information or the event had a thread of it's own. That's why there is no start date or end date. They are not running that event again that fast.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shintok17 said:
    plano78 said:
    It has always been at the bottom. That was there before they gave any information or the event had a thread of it's own. That's why there is no start date or end date. They are not running that event again that fast.
    They usually do run new events twice in rapid succession, usually with worse rewards for the second run.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle said:
    Shintok17 said:
    plano78 said:
    They usually do run new events twice in rapid succession, usually with worse rewards for the second run.
    For real. I have only been playing for 442 days so I probably never seen it.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    in that span of time you should have seen it happen with Sakaar and Wakanda at least, probably Sinister 6...trying to think of new events in the last year or so lol
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    If they were to run it again with less rewards I think I’d struggle to motivate a lot of my alliance to take part 

though it might be ok if it’s run with a 4* Everyone has 
    1882 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    In regards to America chavez being a feeder for jess Jones! If my America is currently lvl 280 will the jess Jones cover be rewarded retrospectively? 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    1882 said:
    In regards to America chavez being a feeder for jess Jones! If my America is currently lvl 280 will the jess Jones cover be rewarded retrospectively? 
    That's what they have done for all past 4* feeders, so very likely that it will.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    1882 said:
    Yup yup. That's why many people try to rush to get to a certain level like 280, 300, 320, etc so they can get the legendary at that level before it gets replaced with the 5* cover. And then when the change goes into effect they'll get all of those 5* covers for the character.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    shardwick said:
    1882 said:
    Yup yup. That's why many people try to rush to get to a certain level like 280, 300, 320, etc so they can get the legendary at that level before it gets replaced with the 5* cover. And then when the change goes into effect they'll get all of those 5* covers for the character.
    Which is why it's thoroughly annoying that my America is currently at 298. It's harder to force a character up a couple of levels when they don't even have a feeder from the level below.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Everyone makes a fuss about 5 star feeders but I REALLY wish we would get more 4 star feeders. There are way too many without a feeder.
    If that can be arranged without extra 3*, im down with that for sure! If not, i hope they lower rosterslot costs a bit..
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just got my update. Interesting that they changed up the power reward order. It's 1/3/2 instead of the usual 123.