MPQ 5th Anniversary Celebration! *Updated (10/23/18)

Comments

• CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Mine and a few other peoples’ Anniversary vaults have reset too. I was looking forward to pulling the remainder of the 4-stars out, as I’d cleared out most of the 2-stars.
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Oh cool not the only one. I had like 7 two stars left, 1 fan favorite, 2 devil, handful of 3 and 4 stars remaining in my vault before this
  • MrDupaTM
    MrDupaTM Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Why would you reset, I had 6 anniversary tokens with 14 possible draws, 2900 among them, it's absolutely ridiculous. I thought it must have been informed, now I check it and there's no previous warning whatsoever. That is absolutely nonsensical. What the hell, dudes? Are you this desperate for us not getting the prize we wanted? 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,101 Chairperson of the Boards
    Siv75 said:
    Smart80 said:
    Siv75 said:
    Hi there. Looking for tips here. I just opened 26 fan favourite legends tokens with 0 five in them. What did I do wrong here. Somehow the celebration no longer feels like it. Thought the odds were 7 to 1?
    Just bad luck.. a lot of bad luck though, so you could try sending a ticket to customer services. I had to go 0 for 40 in a release vault to get them interested though...

I opened another 2 today...Bringing the tally to 28 with no luck. The probability of that happening is very remote though,  statistically speakinh. I suspect this fan favourite token bit is faulty. Has anyone gotten a 5 star from it? I should have used my stars elsewhere. 
    It took me around 30 pulls before I hit a 5*, then I suddenly got a run of 5* Gambit Red, 4*, 5* Gambit Purple, Cable Green in the next 4 pulls, then back to all 4* for about another 8 pulls.
  • Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    MrDupaTM said:
    Why would you reset, I had 6 anniversary tokens with 14 possible draws, 2900 among them, it's absolutely ridiculous. I thought it must have been informed, now I check it and there's no previous warning whatsoever. That is absolutely nonsensical. What the hell, dudes? Are you this desperate for us not getting the prize we wanted? 
    Im going to guess this was a matter of coding. The vault and ff store was originally set to end at the same time as the season. I think this very thread brought their attention to the fact that we get coins from season end, so we need the vault open longer to redeem them. I guess this was how they added on +24hrs. The original expired as intended, now a new one is open for +1 day. (This is just me guessing where it all went wrong.)

Not cool mpq!

Can anything be done?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine did not get reset
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2018
    Oh NO! No! What have you done?!?
    @Brigby
    Why has the anniversary vault reset??? It was supposed to stay open for a day longer, but instead it reset!
    I was 77/100 into my vault (and have earned 5 tokens for the season finish), and pulling for the remaining 4*s and ff coin etc. from the remaining 23 items is very different then trying to do the same from a fresh 100!! I'm only likely going to end up with 5 2*s now, whereas my chances were much better in the old one! Why did you guys reset it? It was supposed to be extended!
    This is a very low blow for me. Is there any way to get the old vault back??
    What time did they do this? 

Maybe mistake when they added 24h to the vault, not pro-longing it, but adding a new one? Either way, its a really bad mistake, just before the end...

edit: doesnt look like mine reset, although i did manually reset last night, so dont know if that could have been around same time...
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    Huh.  My vault did not reset, but I did manually reset it about a week ago when I decided I had the better share of the rewards I wanted - that may have updated the back end code on the vault.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I reset my vault yesterday and got the Daily deal token at midnight, Before season end. I don't Think the vault reset after that - the number of pulls match the various rewards plus the Daily Deal token. So there may be something to the thought that it only reset if you didn't reset recently.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    My vault did not reset.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    GrimSkald said:
    Huh.  My vault did not reset, but I did manually reset it about a week ago when I decided I had the better share of the rewards I wanted - that may have updated the back end code on the vault.
    I'm guessing anyone who previously a). cleared the original vault (like myself) or b). reset it themselves, after D3 discovered they needed an additional day on the vault, updated the anniversary vault to the corrected end time. 

Everyone who didn't and was drawing from the original vault, had vaults reset to zero at the end of the season for the one additional day the vaults were to remain open. 
  • MennoKnight
    MennoKnight Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Just wanted to say thanks for the Anniversary.  I had great fun.  Probably made a million ISO-8, and emptied the Anniversary vault.

Now I can get the iOS12 update - I've been putting it off so I don't see just how much MPQ Screen TIme I've been getting.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Typically incompetent coding from d3 strikes again and since it won't have been a benefit to the vast majority of their playerbase, we will see zero reaction to this from them as they will go with the erroneous argument that people will still be getting the tokens they won and conveniently ignoring the vastly more favourable odds plenty will have been facing before the reset.  :/
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited October 2018
    Hi Everyone. We are aware of the Anniversary vault resetting a day earlier than the end time for it. This was unintentional and we apologize for the inconvenience. 

We are currently discussing how we can address this issue, and will provide an update once we've determined what we can do to assist players that were affected by it.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just give us all a Fans Favourite token and alls forgiven.  ;)
  • Mujo5
    Mujo5 Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Are you also ensuring Chavez rewards JJ in the standard colour order? 
    What seemed an attainable 5* now needs an extra 20 Chavez covers to complete
  • Greenroom
    Greenroom Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Just give us all a Fans Favourite token and alls forgiven.  ;)
    This.

I had a 10 pack plus 1 bonus.
    Vault was 82/100 cleared last night and what was left was 1 fan favorite, 4 dino, 2 4*, then just a few iso, 3's and 2's.

That FF was the prize though.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Mine reset as well when I was 83/100. I only had 2 Dino covers left in the 4* realm (got all 3 Fan Fav's already) and planned to buy a 10 pack if my final 5 draws didn't net at least 1 Dino.

However I got a crazy run of luck in the new vault as my first 2 draws were Fan Favorites!. Then I drew a 2* followed by a 4* Howard and a 3* GSBW. So it more than worked out for me esp since one of the Fan Favorites netted me a 5* Strange cover.

I figure that's payback for the 56 tokens I opened in the Cable vault and only got 4 5* (none of which were Cable).

KGB
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    No reset here...unless there's compensation for it, in which case it did. :)  I had claimed 89/100 of the tokens in there already. There were two four-stars left (Medusa + Mockingbird) as well as the 2900 Hero Points.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    No reset for me, but I also paid to reset the vault twice.
    I'm really glad it didn't reset on me because I was down to 10 prizes remaining, one of which was a Fan Favorites token. I got the FF token with my end of Season rewards and pulled another Jessica cover for her very first Champion level. I also got a bonus Purple Daredevil putting him at 5/4/3.