Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I pulled 1,000 hp from the taco vault and the Human Torch cover from DDQ gave me a legendary which gave me a Nico with a bonus Shuri. My quest to get my first black Okoye is now down to seven Shuris. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2018
    Options
    I hit 1200 for the first time in Strange Days; didn't use any shields on the climb either. I just happen to have a high-level Rogue (290), a max-champ Strang3, and an okay Chavez (281), and I seem to have been getting skipped pretty hard. I hit 905 around lunchtime yesterday, thought it was weird that I made it about 3 hours floating there until i actually went up +47pts from defensive wins, until I finally started taking defense losses. I was sort of out of content today, so I figured I'd re-climb and see if I could get a few more Model 40s out of placement in there. I was starting around 750pts (which is also a wild float point for me - usually i get busted back to 500 or so the second I hit 900), and I climbed...to 1000, then to 1100....then to 1200 with almost no trouble. I'm currently at 17th with a 24hr shield to see what kind of placement I can hang on to - if i stay t25 I'll end up with an LT from those IM40 champ rewards.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Finally pulled a Kitty Pryde yesterday, so now a mere 300 HP away from having everyone rostered (until Cable shows up).

Also champed Kingpin (yay?) so that's the last of the classic 4* for me.  Still plenty of undercovered characters, but none of them are older than Black Panther.
  • shardwick
    Options
    I hit 1200 for the first time in Strange Days; didn't use any shields on the climb either. I just happen to have a high-level Rogue (290), a max-champ Strang3, and an okay Chavez (281), and I seem to have been getting skipped pretty hard. I hit 905 around lunchtime yesterday, thought it was weird that I made it about 3 hours floating there until i actually went up +47pts from defensive wins, until I finally started taking defense losses. I was sort of out of content today, so I figured I'd re-climb and see if I could get a few more Model 40s out of placement in there. I was starting around 750pts (which is also a wild float point for me - usually i get busted back to 500 or so the second I hit 900), and I climbed...to 1000, then to 1100....then to 1200 with almost no trouble. I'm currently at 17th with a 24hr shield to see what kind of placement I can hang on to - if i stay t25 I'll end up with an LT from those IM40 champ rewards.
    Yeah I got pretty high for me last night. I hit 900, then 950, and was waiting for the hits to start coming. I was even just casually playing while watching Willy Wonka. Wasn't even climbing for placement but to knock out as many wins as I could before bed. Got up to 74 wins and ran out of health packs at 1097 pts otherwise would have kept climbing and decided to just shield. I'll finish it off later today for my 15 cp.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got the Dazzler cover from the Hearts of Darkness vault. It was only my third pull since the event tokens are Anniversary tokens, so I have just been doing the Daily Deal each day. Now she's 1/4/6, hoping some black covers come my way too.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In a world....with LVL 300 Konrans and Muscles facing off against a boosted Silver Surfer and Champed 5-star Dr Strange, only one woman can make a difference with seven green AP.

My LVL 94 Dazzler, sitting at 1/1/2, killed off the Konran with her Sounds of Light and Fury.  I believe that's her first (and very likely last in this event) confirmed kill.

• JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    After spending most of my CP on Fan Favorites and getting 3 Doc Strange covers to complete him (when I really wanted to finish my 3/3/5 Jessica Jones) I saved up my CP the past few days, and after hitting full progression in Hearts of Darkness had enough CP for 5 more pulls. I got a black Jessica on my 4th pull so when America becomes her feeder on Friday I'll have Jessica fully covered. Finally Okoye will have a 5* doubles partner.

I expect XFDP will still be the better partner for climbing, but Okoye and Jessica may be a little more imposing on defense. Maybe :)
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This morning I got a 2* magneto for my champ farm, which fed me a 3* magneto, which in turn chained into another champ level for Xavier.

Now if only that took him to 280 instead of 278
  • shardwick
    Options
    With just a few days left of Anniversary I was able to finally pull the last Howard cover out of my Anny vault which gave me my thirteenth cover for him. I won't be able to champ him anytime soon with so many other 4s needing iso as well but it feels good knowing that he's done now.
  • MrBowers
    MrBowers Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just opened 6 cable tokens at the beginning of the store and got 3 cable covers (2 blue 1 green). Shocked was an understatement
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    RNG favoured me for once , pulled Cable , gambit and from LL I got kitty and Loki 

spent a small amount of CP to get them 

a welcome change to the last few months when I got nothing from the special vaults 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My first pull from the Cable vault was cable. So that was a nice start to my day.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It took me 24 pulls to get Cable, but I get a twitch when I don't have at least 1 cover of every single character on my roster so I did what I had to do. I also pulled an Angel and Gambit out of those so... yeah. Cable acquired.

In another completely different moment, I started the Thanos boss event and saw that 4-star Grocket, 4-star Gamora, and Medusa were all boosted. I don't think I've ever seen all three of them boosted in the same event, so that was cool. I shelved my champed 5-stars to do clears with that team instead.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    It took me 24 pulls to get Cable, but I get a twitch when I don't have at least 1 cover of every single character on my roster so I did what I had to do. I also pulled an Angel and Gambit out of those so... yeah. Cable acquired.

In another completely different moment, I started the Thanos boss event and saw that 4-star Grocket, 4-star Gamora, and Medusa were all boosted. I don't think I've ever seen all three of them boosted in the same event, so that was cool. I shelved my champed 5-stars to do clears with that team instead.
    At the beginning of each round, I've been taking in Grocket,  Gamora, and MEHulk. At the beginning of Round Three I got what I was looking for: A turn zero win against boss Thanos.