PSA: Updating Forum Design On Mobile *Updated (9/18/18)

Options

Comments

• dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh my goodness this is horrible, can i revert to the old style? 
  • Brigadierbleu
    Brigadierbleu Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Really, really bad.
  • elko90
    elko90 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options
    Just awfull!!
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Damn... this is awful.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    fmftint said:
    Load desktop view is almost a workaround,  but still not ideal
    My immediate response as well
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So is it back to the old model now??
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just wondering, what mobile device / browser combination was this developed and tested on?  Is there something out there on which this change actually looks okay and fit for purpose?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finally got the update (iPhone). It is awful. I really hope this isn’t the final build because everything is messed up size wise and it is super annoying.
    They said it was to be closer to the desktop version, which is awful and has the same problems. 
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Decided to check and see if it is better, and it looks that way.  Now it does resemble the desktop, and isnt so glaringly bad.  Still makes me wonder, who was asking for this change in the first place?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Still don't like it
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It is better now but my three bottom icons are missing.  It's the one with my inbox on the left, something to do with replies in the middle and I can't remember what's on the right.
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Now it's functional. Kinda ugly and it took me a polite amount of time to find the notifications, but yeah, it's functional. Preferred the older one, but I'll get used to this, I guess.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    It is better now but my three bottom icons are missing.  It's the one with my inbox on the left, something to do with replies in the middle and I can't remember what's on the right.
    You can find all of that in the dropdown menu at the top, where you see the 3 white lines icon (aka hamburger menu)
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,552 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Muuuuuuch better.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Much better, but now the forum scrolls horizontally on mobile instead of just wrapping. And everything is much less compact. :/
  • axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Looks mucho better !
  • Mujo5
    Mujo5 Posts: 59 Match Maker
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Does each person's name and post count need to take up so much vertical space?

There is a lot of wasted verticality. Can we get the Gmail options: default, cosy , compact?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    justsing said:
    Much better, but now the forum scrolls horizontally on mobile instead of just wrapping. And everything is much less compact. :/
    Hmm that's peculiar. Just for due diligence, are you sure you're not accidentally zoomed in on your device?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Previously, everything can be seen on a single screen. Now I can only see the topic name and the topic maker avatar on a single screen, and I have to scroll to see the topic maker name until the name of the last poster reply.