PSA: Updating Forum Design On Mobile *Updated (9/18/18)

Comments

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hope this is the in-progress version and not the final set of layout changes.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Yep, in Android mine changed in the last few hours and is now awful. If the choice is this or what we had before, please change it back and leave it alone.
  • whoami
    whoami Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Horrible on iOS 
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Disgusting on Android. The Logo is Huge, The black background sucks, and like everyone else said the text box is bad. Please put it back. Did anyone have a problem with the old mobile design? I sure didn't.
  • cgrubb80
    cgrubb80 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    I agree this is not user friendly.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shintok17 said:
    Disgusting on Android. The Logo is Huge, The black background sucks, and like everyone else said the text box is bad. Please put it back. Did anyone have a problem with the old mobile design? I sure didn't.
    I used to think the mobile version was less optimal than the desktop version because there was some limited functionality compared to the desktop version. 

But as far as the actual look and utility went, there wasn't anything wrong with it, and as such is highly preferable to what's going on now. I'm hoping this is just a work in progress. If not, just go back to what we had. It may not have been as robust as the desktop version, but it was at least accessible. This barely qualifies. 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Geez, this is an upgrade? Horrible design.
  • JaGo
    JaGo Posts: 93 Match Maker
    This is REALLY bad on my iphone...

-JaGo
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    just wanted to check if my browser is broken, just ignore me
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    DarthDeVo said:
    Shintok17 said:
    I used to think the mobile version was less optimal than the desktop version because there was some limited functionality compared to the desktop version. 

But as far as the actual look and utility went, there wasn't anything wrong with it, and as such is highly preferable to what's going on now. I'm hoping this is just a work in progress. If not, just go back to what we had. It may not have been as robust as the desktop version, but it was at least accessible. This barely qualifies. 
    The only problem I had was that I could not add or change my profile pic on the mobile, but like you said other functions were also limited. I guess since I never had to use those other functions I did not notice the limitations. I do agree with you that the look and utility weren't an issue.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. We're aware of some of the size issues being displayed on mobile. I've already reached out to the web developers to inform them of this occurrence, and hopefully it will be fixed soon. Thanks for being patient!
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    This is just D3's way of making Discord the official source for information.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Load desktop view is almost a workaround,  but still not ideal
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    fmftint said:
    Thanks for that suggestion, that's wildly better.

Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. We're aware of some of the size issues being displayed on mobile. I've already reached out to the web developers to inform them of this occurrence, and hopefully it will be fixed soon. Thanks for being patient!
    Just to mention, even if you fix the size issues, personally I hate white-on-black websites. They make my eyes hurt. We'd desperately need a 'Light' option somewhere if that's going to be the base look (an option that doesn't currently exist unless I'm missing something).
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    This the actual worst. 
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    I don't understand why companies always try to to "fix" viewing their site on mobile.  99% of the time it is worse than their regular site.  They should put that time and money into a mobile app that has phone features.  No reason to monkey with a regular website.  
  • tfcrazy1980
    tfcrazy1980 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Wow this really looks horrid, see ya'll in a week!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Richyyy said:
    fmftint said:
    Thanks for that suggestion, that's wildly better.
    Brigby said:
    Just to mention, even if you fix the size issues, personally I hate white-on-black websites. They make my eyes hurt. We'd desperately need a 'Light' option somewhere if that's going to be the base look (an option that doesn't currently exist unless I'm missing something).
    Thanks for pointing that out! The mobile design for the website is actually supposed to mimic the desktop version, which has a light-grey background with white and dark-blue highlights. The team is also currently working on figuring out why it has adopted this white on black theme, as this was not how it appeared during the planning phase.
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2018
    Uhhhhh this is really bad. I have a screen shot but idk how to post it now that this updated all weird