PSA: Updating Forum Design On Mobile *Updated (9/18/18)

Options
124»

Comments

• justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Brigby said:
    justsing said:
    Much better, but now the forum scrolls horizontally on mobile instead of just wrapping. And everything is much less compact. :/
    Hmm that's peculiar. Just for due diligence, are you sure you're not accidentally zoomed in on your device?
    This is what I’m seeing on my iPhone 6s, and I have to scroll horizontally to see the rest:

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    justsing said:
    Brigby said:
    justsing said:
    Much better, but now the forum scrolls horizontally on mobile instead of just wrapping. And everything is much less compact. :/
    Hmm that's peculiar. Just for due diligence, are you sure you're not accidentally zoomed in on your device?
    This is what I’m seeing on my iPhone 6s, and I have to scroll horizontally to see the rest:

Same on Android...

Also is there a quick way to see notifications?  Before you'd see it pop up on the bottom of your screen if you scrolled, now I have to go through a few different screens/clicks just to see notifications...
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also need a link to sub forums below the last post,  it's a pain scrolling to the top of the page to return to general
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sometimes clicking a thread with new replies bring me to the bottom of the page, instead of the last new reply that I read. It wasn't like this previously. I'm on android if this helps.
  • 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This Mobile Forum is hard... :(
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Was this mobile view designed and tested using tablets or horizontal mode exclusively? It really doesn’t work for small vertical devices.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    CNash said:
    Was this mobile view designed and tested using tablets or horizontal mode exclusively? It really doesn’t work for small vertical devices.

You really think they tested this?
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    What happened to the option for dark mode?

• Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Since the change to the mobile site took effect, it's had a knock on effect on how the site looks on my work pc, think it's something to do with our webfilter blocking https://thetomodomo.cloud.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mattjimf said:
    Since the change to the mobile site took effect, it's had a knock on effect on how the site looks on my work pc, think it's something to do with our webfilter blocking https://thetomodomo.cloud.
    I've noticed that on PC/Chrome, that on subforums, you can't see all the columns unless you have the browser maximized.  The right hand border just kinda fades to white.  There's no scroll bar on the bottom either.  For example, when I have the browser snapped to half my monitor, I can't see "most recent".
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I'm not sure how, but I switched my pc onto the mifi we have and now it's working again, so maybe it was a certificate issue instead. It seems to have stuck since switching back to our network.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Reading new replies from notification doesn't bring me to the new replies. It brought me to the bottom of the page instead. Is this intended or unintended?
  • Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The slow loading banner image causing the topics to shift down always catches me out and often has me press 'New Discussion' instead of the topic I want. Also, read topics have their page numbers overlapped by the Cog and Star symbols which can cause problems pressing what you actually want.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In the mobile interface, it shows that I have notifications of mentions on my profile, but there is no way to actually see the messages.