Loki (God of Mischief) (8/7/18)

12346»

Comments

  • CCW1208CCW1208 Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    GG yellow can protect repeater tiles.
  • jtmageejtmagee Posts: 144 Tile Toppler
    Yeah, they updated GG over a month ago to fortify repeaters. Since they introduced him with CD fortification, they were smart to keep him as the only 5* to be able to fortify repeaters after it breaks during a match. Gives him a little more utility that other 5*’s will eventually have.
  • iron-n-wineiron-n-wine Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    himatako said:
    I don't have him yet but I want to know what will happen if he's revived by Lumbercap after he's downed and the Trap tile is created? Will reviving him remove his Trap tile from the board? 
    and what if caps yellow in the above was triggered by a Colossus fastball special? will it tear a hole in reality?
  • BorstockBorstock Posts: 1,170 Chairperson of the Boards
    himatako said:
    I don't have him yet but I want to know what will happen if he's revived by Lumbercap after he's downed and the Trap tile is created? Will reviving him remove his Trap tile from the board? 
    and what if caps yellow in the above was triggered by a Colossus fastball special? will it tear a hole in reality?
    Maybe he revives as Dazzler in that case. 
  • iron-n-wineiron-n-wine Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Borstock said:
    himatako said:
    I don't have him yet but I want to know what will happen if he's revived by Lumbercap after he's downed and the Trap tile is created? Will reviving him remove his Trap tile from the board? 
    and what if caps yellow in the above was triggered by a Colossus fastball special? will it tear a hole in reality?
    Maybe he revives as Dazzler in that case. 
    End of Days! Cats and Dogs ... living together
  • JaedenkaalJaedenkaal Posts: 3,338 Chairperson of the Boards
    Borstock said:
    himatako said:
    I don't have him yet but I want to know what will happen if he's revived by Lumbercap after he's downed and the Trap tile is created? Will reviving him remove his Trap tile from the board? 
    and what if caps yellow in the above was triggered by a Colossus fastball special? will it tear a hole in reality?
    Maybe he revives as Dazzler in that case. 
    This seems like the most likely intended behavior to me. 
  • DayvDayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    They could make his green slightly less of a stinker by making it generate AP for the destroyed row.  It only fires once every three turns, if you can protect it -- might as well make it worth it.  Or make a colorless character tile like Silver Singularity, so there are fewer ways to remove it.  Optionally, keep the fortification while making it a character tile, but it definitely shouldn't have AP generation then.  I look forward to the horror stories of the repeater removing its own row.
  • JaedenkaalJaedenkaal Posts: 3,338 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dayv said:
    They could make his green slightly less of a stinker by making it generate AP for the destroyed row.  It only fires once every three turns, if you can protect it -- might as well make it worth it.  Or make a colorless character tile like Silver Singularity, so there are fewer ways to remove it.  Optionally, keep the fortification while making it a character tile, but it definitely shouldn't have AP generation then.  I look forward to the horror stories of the repeater removing its own row.
    Twice in a row, presumably.
  • Moon RoachMoon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    Loki's revive simply means that you want to hit him last, if not he's going to come back and blast you with his purple or green. If you choose to hit him first, then you have to pay the consequence of him reviving. He could force you to change your strategy on who to down first.
    But he lacks the bite of Phoenix post revive.  She gets a strong aoe that she didn't have pre-revive (it was the best aoe in the game when she was new) and for a while her red was cheaper too. 

    But Loki's revive just offers a bit of green ap and health.  Obviously the extra 30k health is an annoyance. But it's easier to work around than a cheap aoe that does 40+k.

    If only there was a support that could be given to Loki that would do damage when the Feign Death trap tile is matched...
  • VhailorxVhailorx Posts: 4,072 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    Loki's revive simply means that you want to hit him last, if not he's going to come back and blast you with his purple or green. If you choose to hit him first, then you have to pay the consequence of him reviving. He could force you to change your strategy on who to down first.
    But he lacks the bite of Phoenix post revive.  She gets a strong aoe that she didn't have pre-revive (it was the best aoe in the game when she was new) and for a while her red was cheaper too. 

    But Loki's revive just offers a bit of green ap and health.  Obviously the extra 30k health is an annoyance. But it's easier to work around than a cheap aoe that does 40+k.

    If only there was a support that could be given to Loki that would do damage when the Feign Death trap tile is matched...
    What is your point roach?  The new support does 5.5k damage at most once per match.  That's fine, but what does it have to do with Phoenix?  My point was that her power set changes post-revive. So letting her come back can be very painful (especially if she has stockpiled green before dying).  But Loki's powers are the same.  So letting him come back is just giving him some extra health, not changing his threat level.
  • Moon RoachMoon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just a general snark about a new character having a flaw or deficiency that a new character-specific support just happens to fix or mitigate.
  • MagicMagic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* support barely mitigates it (and really - if it was 10-20k team damage it would be meaningful). Let me just check how many 5* supports I have since the start of the feature.....oh, zero, as I though (coincidentally it's the same number as 4* supports). Oh  well - I guess I can pull it eventually. Oh wait, no - it's only available in the special support store. What a joke. 
  • himatakohimatako Posts: 243 Tile Toppler
    Vhailorx said:
    Loki's revive simply means that you want to hit him last, if not he's going to come back and blast you with his purple or green. If you choose to hit him first, then you have to pay the consequence of him reviving. He could force you to change your strategy on who to down first.
    But he lacks the bite of Phoenix post revive.  She gets a strong aoe that she didn't have pre-revive (it was the best aoe in the game when she was new) and for a while her red was cheaper too. 

    But Loki's revive just offers a bit of green ap and health.  Obviously the extra 30k health is an annoyance. But it's easier to work around than a cheap aoe that does 40+k.

    If only there was a support that could be given to Loki that would do damage when the Feign Death trap tile is matched...
    I snort laughed when I read this but then I found the "Mirror Image" support thread  :( :(
  • YepyepYepyep Posts: 599 Critical Contributor
    So I am a mid-tier 4* player with no 5* above 12 covers (and only one at that level) -- obviously no expert on 5* characters or play. I do use my 5*s in PvE with America all the time, though, but use them almost exclusively for match damage, rarely employing their powers. I have Loki at 2/0/1 and he was downed in a 5*-required node recently but I carried on play. Given that I don't really understand his powers, having no intention of using them, I was extremely surprised when he returned during the match! It actually saved my tinykitty and that one black cover was the reason.

    So the point is: Loki's black is tremendously useful in that even one cover makes him super useful for lower-level players.
  • jackstar0jackstar0 Posts: 1,175 Chairperson of the Boards
    DeNappa said:
     I have never fired HoboCap's yellow, either. (Have you? Maybe that question is poll worthy :sweat_smile: )
    Just wanted to say I've used Cap's ability 1 time to revive a Thor that I'd let get too low. Seeing it was burst health was a bummer, but it did save several hours on Thor's recuperation... so a mixed bag.

    Definitely Cap's weakest power.

    Likewise, I don't see much real value from Loki's Black in the long-term game... but I do look forward to seeing someone running Phx/Loki/Thor or DD just to really try and limit the obvious attack options.
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have used Cap's yellow a few times... but usually as a teamup.
  • Daredevil217Daredevil217 Posts: 2,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    jackstar0 said:
    DeNappa said:
     I have never fired HoboCap's yellow, either. (Have you? Maybe that question is poll worthy :sweat_smile: )
    Just wanted to say I've used Cap's ability 1 time to revive a Thor that I'd let get too low. Seeing it was burst health was a bummer, but it did save several hours on Thor's recuperation... so a mixed bag.

    Definitely Cap's weakest power.

    Likewise, I don't see much real value from Loki's Black in the long-term game... but I do look forward to seeing someone running Phx/Loki/Thor or DD just to really try and limit the obvious attack options.
    Loki can have utility as a tank that can come back to life passively over and again. 

    If Cap could pick himself or an ally up off the ground, his power would be significantly better (but still sucky mind you) and thematic. It wouldn’t be broken as it’s burst heal, and would give you a reason to chase yellow is he becomes downed. As it stands I only play him boosted where he tanks and subsequently dies with no chance of revival. Utterly useless. 

    Loki’s being passive, true heal, and AP generating makes it way way better. 
  • himatakohimatako Posts: 243 Tile Toppler

    If Cap could pick himself or an ally up off the ground, his power would be significantly better (but still sucky mind you) and thematic. It wouldn’t be broken as it’s burst heal, and would give you a reason to chase yellow is he becomes downed. As it stands I only play him boosted where he tanks and subsequently dies with no chance of revival. Utterly useless. 

    Loki’s being passive, true heal, and AP generating makes it way way better. 
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who face this issue with cap tanking and dying before getting a chance to revive anyone in the team. It really makes his yellow useless. You sit on those yellow AP doing basically nothing x_x 

    As for Loki, creating only a single trap tile kinda makes me worried that it might be difficult to bring him back. But I don't have him yet so I'm not sure. Seems like a single trap tile isn't that bad?
  • Daredevil217Daredevil217 Posts: 2,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    himatako said:

    If Cap could pick himself or an ally up off the ground, his power would be significantly better (but still sucky mind you) and thematic. It wouldn’t be broken as it’s burst heal, and would give you a reason to chase yellow is he becomes downed. As it stands I only play him boosted where he tanks and subsequently dies with no chance of revival. Utterly useless. 

    Loki’s being passive, true heal, and AP generating makes it way way better. 
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who face this issue with cap tanking and dying before getting a chance to revive anyone in the team. It really makes his yellow useless. You sit on those yellow AP doing basically nothing x_x 

    As for Loki, creating only a single trap tile kinda makes me worried that it might be difficult to bring him back. But I don't have him yet so I'm not sure. Seems like a single trap tile isn't that bad?
    It’s not great. But worlds better than Cap. That’s for sure. I like that either team can revive him. That part is neat. 
Sign In or Register to comment.