The Safe Rant Thread for Letting Off Steam.

Options

Comments

• Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @FindingHeart8 I did that with Across Ixalan the other day... I didn't play even a SINGLE game somehow...

I stopped playing TotP for that reason, but I've also changed to try and get TG and AX done as soon as possible, but also to try not to even start them unless I have time to finish...
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Stormcrow said:
    Things that I have a 0% chance of caring about:

*being notified that any event that I am not currently playing and does not have end-of-event-rewards has ended

Even if it gives end-of-event rewards, I don't need to be notified that it ended in my Inbox. I'll find out it ended when I go to the Events page and a rewards screen pops up.

Use the Inbox for the things it should be used for; Patch Notes, Announcements, Known Issues, etc.
  • gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    HoD: Bolas
    Standard
  • joerginger
    joerginger Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yup, I'm equally excited. :(
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kinesia said:
    @FindingHeart8 I did that with Across Ixalan the other day... I didn't play even a SINGLE game somehow...

I stopped playing TotP for that reason, but I've also changed to try and get TG and AX done as soon as possible, but also to try not to even start them unless I have time to finish...
    you mean you missed out on those 5 Ixalan commons??  Like parking downtown and then realizing you left your meter change on the counter back at home.  It's like...almost worth a facepalm, but is it?  I'm glad to know I'm not alone at least ;)

I generally don't play TotP either.  Takes too long.  Only do it when it's red or white so I can turn 1 or 2 HuF/Deploy.  Honestly even that takes a bit.
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Kinesia said:

you mean you missed out on those 5 Ixalan commons??  Like parking downtown and then realizing you left your meter change on the counter back at home.  It's like...almost worth a facepalm, but is it?  I'm glad to know I'm not alone at least ;)

I generally don't play TotP either.  Takes too long.  Only do it when it's red or white so I can turn 1 or 2 HuF/Deploy.  Honestly even that takes a bit.
    So YOU are one of those tinykitty players. I hate that combo (mostly because I don't have Deploy :)).
  • FindingHeart8
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Rhasget said:
    Kinesia said:

So YOU are one of those tinykitty players. I hate that combo (mostly because I don't have Deploy :)).
    Related to Deploy, I'm not just one of those tinykitty players.  I'm the hipster, Boss Battle on the last episode of Season 4, ultra-tinykitty players.  I packed Deploy once shortly after the set was released, and then 2 more times before Booster Crafting was ever a thing.

Basically all the luck I ever had in this game ever either went into my shining moment with Deploy or the Grixis Kamigawa Dragons.  Other than that I've never packed anything good, unless it was the last mythic available in booster crafting.

Deploy is one of the best cards in this game, but utterly useless if you don't have anything good to summon with it.  Nothing beats instantly bringing out 3 Mage Ring Responders.  Fear me ;)
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Rhasget said:
    Kinesia said:

Related to Deploy, I'm not just one of those tinykitty players.  I'm the hipster, Boss Battle on the last episode of Season 4, ultra-tinykitty players.  I packed Deploy once shortly after the set was released, and then 2 more times before Booster Crafting was ever a thing.

Basically all the luck I ever had in this game ever either went into my shining moment with Deploy or the Grixis Kamigawa Dragons.  Other than that I've never packed anything good, unless it was the last mythic available in booster crafting.

Deploy is one of the best cards in this game, but utterly useless if you don't have anything good to summon with it.  Nothing beats instantly bringing out 3 Mage Ring Responders.  Fear me ;)
    StV makes MRR playable...
  • FindingHeart8
    edited August 2018
    Options
    DumasAG said:
    Rhasget said:

StV makes MRR playable...
    wait what? ...holy tinykitty it does

Image result for epiphany face

• DumasAG
    Options
    Kinesia said:

Did this yesterday with AI. Now I'm short of buying an M19 PP today, and was also at almost 400 unobtainium. Ugh...
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    DumasAG said:
    Kinesia said:

Did this yesterday with AI. Now I'm short of buying an M19 PP today, and was also at almost 400 unobtainium. Ugh...
    meh, there's nothing good aside from ball lightning in the premiums anyways.

I wish we could go back to last week's 2 vault PP selections.  I was 2 unobtanium short of getting a PP at the end of the last rotation, and there was some good stuff in that selection.

Watch as the next PP rotation is Ixalan...I'll have 800 before I ever get to see something I want again -_-
  • Rhasget
    Options
    Bought a M19 PP in the hope of getting a few more rares, and I did. Five rares in total!

Too bad they were all Poison Tip Archer though.
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Rhasget said:
    Bought a M19 PP in the hope of getting a few more rares, and I did. Five rares in total!

all 5 in 1 PP???

That's an anomaly I bet @Volrak would want to hear about.
  • Rhasget
    Options
    Rhasget said:

all 5 in 1 PP???

That's an anomaly I bet @Volrak would want to hear about.
    Yep, all in one PP. Two in the first pack, with a 'what the tinykitty' reaction. Next pack and another one and I started feeling a bit angry. Last pack, jiggle-jiggle, and another one! But that was just too much to even get upset about and before I saw the guaranteed rare I thought it would be funny if it was another one. And when yet another Poison Tip Archer came up, I lol:ed a little in my office.

• Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    Options
       I think it's a sign ... You should definitely build a deck around it ... It might be your lucky rabbit foot!
      More seriously, that's at least better than no rares at all...a bunch of orbs is better than nothing. ^^"
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Cascading cheating **** ai. Sick of the ai picking a 3 and not a 5 or a 4, then cascading several times and wrecking you.

Also sick of the ai matching several times creating just enough mana to cast 1 or 2 cards exactly when it's in a losing position.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I just survived 8 matches of severe mana gem match screw (no on-color matches on board or cascading down) and almost lost 2 matches because of it (1 of them to a chandra1!!). I survived with a full perfect score. 

Then i decided to switch out my immortal sun for sorcerers spyglass on the nicol bolas bottom right node.. just as i finished reading the "win with only cards that cost 11 or more mana"... i had already reflexively hit "FIGHT" 

Clearly, I am the smartest man alive.
  • Boogeyman
    Boogeyman Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Options
    jimpark said:
    I just survived 8 matches of severe mana gem match screw (no on-color matches on board or cascading down) and almost lost 2 matches because of it (1 of them to a chandra1!!). I survived with a full perfect score. 

Then i decided to switch out my immortal sun for sorcerers spyglass on the nicol bolas bottom right node.. just as i finished reading the "win with only cards that cost 11 or more mana"... i had already reflexively hit "FIGHT" 

Clearly, I am the smartest man alive.
    I have done the same thing!   You are not alone.  There goes my perfect score...  No, I did not have a perfect score anyways lol.  
  • DumasAG
    Options
    Something. Went. Wrong.