When is the next 4* feeder for 5* due?

12346»

Comments

• Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Its more about vaulting/ dilution not popular vs unpopular. I bet a lot of people have high level Mordo, Coulson, C&D, Carol, and other characters released around that time. And it helps that Gamora Medusa and Vulture are also popular too.
    All I am saying is that I would not expect them to use Mordo as the feeder to Dr Strange even tho he seems like the logical pick, based on how they've used newer characters, or older and less popular characters. If they do, it might suggest a change of process, or that we saw things that weren't there.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    broll said:
    Yes, they picked an older character. They also picked one of the least popular ones. Just as they did with Sandman. 

Lets start seeing them pick older 4*s who many people will have well into the 300's. 
    Not sure how popularity of the character factors in, except for BH.  RNG is RNG.  If you got more of a bad character that bad character is probably higher level...  It's not like there's a whole lot of choice in who you go with (at least not till the saved cover feature).
    My point being he's going to be one of the 4*s you champ last. I'm sure theres many Bucky covers that were sold over the time he's been available compared to a lot of the more popular 4*s. 
    Champ last only applies in a situation where you have multiple characters ready to champ and not enough ISO.  If RNG gave you bucky as your first 13 cover long before anyone else, you probably champed him.  Some players might continue to burn cover after cover waiting on someone better, but from my experience most try and avoid cover waste and would champ them when they get a 14th even if aren't great, but mileage my vary.  Point is you're applying your playstyle onto if and how many covers you expect a character to have, but in general regardless of playstyle a character who has been out longer is more likely to have more covers simply based on a longer opportunity to gain.
    I would bet a lot of money on Bucky not being many peoples first champed 4*. I'd bet he isn't even in many peoples first 10 champed 4*s. Its nothing to do with my play style, its purely down to the fact he's very poor and that ISO is so short in this game. People are more likely to want to sell his covers than use up valuable ISO on him until they literally have none of the best ones left to champ. 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    broll said:
    Yes, they picked an older character. They also picked one of the least popular ones. Just as they did with Sandman. 

Lets start seeing them pick older 4*s who many people will have well into the 300's. 
    Not sure how popularity of the character factors in, except for BH.  RNG is RNG.  If you got more of a bad character that bad character is probably higher level...  It's not like there's a whole lot of choice in who you go with (at least not till the saved cover feature).
    My point being he's going to be one of the 4*s you champ last. I'm sure theres many Bucky covers that were sold over the time he's been available compared to a lot of the more popular 4*s. 
    Champ last only applies in a situation where you have multiple characters ready to champ and not enough ISO.  If RNG gave you bucky as your first 13 cover long before anyone else, you probably champed him.  Some players might continue to burn cover after cover waiting on someone better, but from my experience most try and avoid cover waste and would champ them when they get a 14th even if aren't great, but mileage my vary.  Point is you're applying your playstyle onto if and how many covers you expect a character to have, but in general regardless of playstyle a character who has been out longer is more likely to have more covers simply based on a longer opportunity to gain.
    I would bet a lot of money on Bucky not being many peoples first champed 4*. I'd bet he isn't even in many peoples first 10 champed 4*s. Its nothing to do with my play style, its purely down to the fact he's very poor and that ISO is so short in this game. People are more likely to want to sell his covers than use up valuable ISO on him until they literally have none of the best ones left to champ. 
    But that is you assuming all players will make the same choices you are. I guarantee they are not.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    I just got a 5* Loki for having a 285 MEHulk, so it looks like the next feeder is today.
  • Nick441234
    tiomono said:
    broll said:
    broll said:

But that is you assuming all players will make the same choices you are. I guarantee they are not.
    Doesn't everyone assess which characters are poor and which are good and prioritise the good characters? Thought that would be pretty common practice in such an ISO starved game. 
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Gamora was among the first to be updated and I think in seeing just how many covers were awarded as gams was a vaulted 12 toon, they may have decided to take the approach of leaving those that fit that bill (Mordo, C4ge, C4rol, Bl4de) to receive updates much later in the process.  No insider knowledge but would seem to fit the pattern they’re currently utilizing of very recent releases or old “unpopular” 4s (antman, Kingpin, Bucky) for the initial roll out.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    tiomono said:
    broll said:
    broll said:

Doesn't everyone assess which characters are poor and which are good and prioritise the good characters? Thought that would be pretty common practice in such an ISO starved game. 
    Sure but personal preference also plays a role, and cover distribution. I had plenty of characters I went ahead and champed even though they were not top tier. I did that because I had no other covers expiring. I just followed my rng.

My winter soldier is at 1-4-4 he is one out of eight 4*s I do not have champed. They are not champed because I do not have 13 covers for them. I have not sold any buckys. Meanwhile mr. Fantastic is in my top 10 highest leveled 4*s. I had him champed before I had carnage or medusa. He was pretty much useless but I follow my covers and level accordingly.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    tiomono said:
    broll said:
    broll said:

Not necessarily.  I only did that when the I had multiple characters with a 14th cover on the vine.  Outside of that, which is quite rare.  RNG of who got their 14th or more cover when dictated who I champed when for virtually my entire roster. (Now in a saved covers world I would expect to see a lot more people prioritizing based on character quality than in the past).
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    I agree, early in my transition I was getting 13th/14th covers at a rate that was slow enough where I was champing them as I went, and I was happy for every new champion regardless of the general feeling on their relative quality.. It wasn't until just recently, maybe right before saving went into place, that I had a critical mass of champable 4*s that required me to make choices. I'd have happily champed Winter Solider if I'd had the covers/iso at the time (still don't have the covers or iso, still would happily champ him because why not?). 
  • Steve111
    Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Update after 10th anniversary 

4* to 5*

*4 Vulture - 5 PPSM
    *4 Gamora - 5 Thanos
    *3 Kamila Khan - 4 Medusa - 5 Black Bolt
    *4 Sandman - 5 Green Goblin
    *2 Bullseye - 3 Bullseye - 4 Kingpin - 5 Daredevil
    *2 Hawkeye - 3 Hawkeye - 4 Kate Bishop - 5 Hawkeye
    *3 R&Groot - 4 Drax - 5 Starlord
    *2 Wolverine - 3 Patch - 4 XFW - 5 OML
    *4 B.Panther - 5 B.Panther
    *3 Psylocke - 4 Peggy - 5 Cap CW
    *4 Jubilee - 5 Phoenix
    *3 Squirrel Girl - 4 Ant-Man - 5 Wasp
    *4 Black Widow - 5 Black Widow
    *4 Valkyrie - 5 Thor
    *4 MEH Hulk - 5 Loki
    *2 Cap Steve Rogers - 3 Cap SuperSoldier - 4 Winter Soldier - 5 Cap IW
    *4 Shuri - 5 Okoye
    *3 Quicksilver - 4 War Machine - 5 Iron Man CW

5* without 4* feeder (9)
    5 Ghost Rider
    5 Gambit
    5 BSSM
    5 JJ
    5 AA
    5 Surfer
    5 Dr Strange
    5 Banner
    5 Doc Ock
  • jtmagee
    jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Steve111 said:
    Update after 10th anniversary 

4* to 5*

*4 Vulture - 5 PPSM
    *4 Gamora - 5 Thanos
    *3 Kamila Khan - 4 Medusa - 5 Black Bolt
    *4 Sandman - 5 Green Goblin
    *2 Bullseye - 3 Bullseye - 4 Kingpin - 5 Daredevil
    *2 Hawkeye - 3 Hawkeye - 4 Kate Bishop - 5 Hawkeye
    *3 R&Groot - 4 Drax - 5 Starlord
    *2 Wolverine - 3 Patch - 4 XFW - 5 OML
    *4 B.Panther - 5 B.Panther
    *3 Psylocke - 4 Peggy - 5 Cap CW
    *4 Jubilee - 5 Phoenix
    *3 Squirrel Girl - 4 Ant-Man - 5 Wasp
    *4 Black Widow - 5 Black Widow
    *4 Valkyrie - 5 Thor
    *4 MEH Hulk - 5 Loki
    *2 Cap Steve Rogers - 3 Cap SuperSoldier - 4 Winter Soldier - 5 Cap IW
    *4 Shuri - 5 Okoye
    *3 Quicksilver - 4 War Machine - 5 Iron Man CW

5* without 4* feeder (9)
    5 Ghost Rider
    5 Gambit
    5 BSSM
    5 JJ
    5 AA
    5 Surfer
    5 Dr Strange
    5 Banner
    5 Doc Ock
    I can see:

GR>>GR
    Rogue>>Gambit
    Kraven>>BSSM
    LC>>JJ
    EF>>AA
    MrF/IW/Thing>>SS
    Mordo>>SS
    Cho/Rulk>>Banner
    Venom (Brock)>>Doc Ock

Mixing in the new 5* over the next few months, and we’ll probably have to wait until the spring to see duplicate 4* feeders. 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    With Iron Fist season 2 coming in early September, really hope the devs select hobofist to feed JJ.

I know most of us want 4cage, but I can see an Antman being pulled with her.
  • Steve111
    So the last 4* feeder for 5* was announced 21 August 2018. 

Now were are in October 2018, I wonder when the next one will be announced. 

Did I miss news of a 4* feeder in the anniversary post? 

Any news gratefully accepted... 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Steve111 said:

The MCU 10 year celebration gave us half a dozen feeders over a Three week period and MPQ's five year anniversary is just around the corner. It's not surprising to have a Little lull in the updates right now, though I half expected Emma Frost to become a feeder now that she is featured as a PvE reward again. Guess that was just to give people a chance to stock up on covers for Taskmaster's SHIELD training...
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,489 Chairperson of the Boards
    Steve111 said:

In general, the normal schedule of 4* -> 5* feeder is the first week of a season.  There has been one season since the 10th Anniversary where they made six 4* characters 5* feeders - we can assume they didn't add one the following season because they had already added so many (i.e. one of the six was the intended feeder for the season.)  They then had an extra week on the "off-season" until the anniversary, and that brings us to now.  At this point, I'd expect the next feeder announcement to be:

a) for the Anniversary

b) in the first week of the next actual season.

If it's the latter it will unfortunately be some time, probably 3-4 weeks since they seem to be planning a longer Anniversary season this time and they may throw in an off season for that as well.  Let's hope not.

• Steve111
    Well, just wondered if it was worth asking the question again about the date of the next 4* feeder. Last one was at the end of anniversary. Is there anyone who could provide some info? 

5* without 4* feeder (8)
    5 Gambit
    5 Cable
    5 AA
    5 Surfer
    5 Dr Strange
    5 Banner
    5 Doc Ock
    5 Kitty
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    First, at least  the last 3 feeders have been unattached to pve rewards (unlike most before them).  War Machine, America, and Ghost Rider were all not pve rewards when the feeders were announced.  

Generally they have had 1/month on average (except around the MCU10).  After August we had none in September, then two in October. My guess is we get none in the last week of November and 2 (perhaps more) in December.

They generally appear to operate under a “rewards budget” model where they don’t want to giveaway too much at once. So perhaps this informs the 1/month trend we have basically seen  since the beginning.

There’s no predicting which will be next unless one feels more “holiday-like”. Perhaps Silver (Bells) Surfer finally gets his feeder?
  • Nick441234
    edited November 2018
    I would expect they are saving at least two for around Christmas time as part of their Christmas celebrations. I just hope Strange is coming very soon. I desperately want to finish him!