Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    smkspy said:
    ...time to change my diaper, I guess.
    Which would be more offensive to you: 

1) Vintage 4*s had their rewards changed to 5* feeders but didn't give out retroactive covers (people who had them at those levels just had to be content with the LT they'd already gotten)

2) Moving forward, all feeders were just new releases so everybody was starting from 0

A new player will have the same chance of getting 5*s in either case, so these two things only mean something to players who would otherwise be "entitled" to free covers.

Option 3. No viable way to ever EARN fives thru hard work based on what level I'm at in-game. But concerning your other options.

1: They've already established retro-covers, so that would tick off a large majority of the customer base.

2: They already started making feeders that a great many either didn't have champed or were at low levels that getting retro covers didn't matter.

And for "new" players, why would they be concerned with any of this. They're focused on building 2/3 🌟 roster while fighting mass dilution with 4 stars. Fives are the least of their concern.

Retro-covers mean nothing to whales.

For non-whale heavily established five star players the covers are a merely champ levels.

But for those like me who are absolutely past 4 stars, and are just entering into five star land, retros are a great way to say thank you  long time player and mean a great deal despite just being Band-Aids. Say 296 MEH feeds 2/4/5 Banner, talk about a retro cover breaking the game for "new" players.

And fwiw; I only had two feeders that actually helped me with retro covers. In fact, with most of them the new feeder was either below 280 or that first retro cover had to be sold.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,310 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Every announcement has been an even number of weeks apart. Assuming a normal announcement, and not some mass release, nothing will come this week. Not to mention it’d be Ghost.  Who would feed Wasp, maybe?  Seems highly unlikely.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    smkspy said:

And for "new" players, why would they be concerned with any of this. They're focused on building 2/3 🌟 roster while fighting mass dilution with 4 stars. Fives are the least of their concern.

For non-whale heavily established five star players the covers are a merely champ levels.

But for those like me who past 4 stars, and are just entering into five star land, mean the world despite just being Band-Aids. Say 296 MEH feeds 2/4/5 Banner, talk about a retro cover breaking the game for "new" players.
    I am 100% on your side that there should be a way in-game to target your roster growth on purpose outside of hoarding until special release vaults, and the feeder system is the closest thing we have to that right now. I only have 7 4*s above 280 with a few more at 279, so I don't believe I've personally benefited from any of the feeder announcements yet (in the way of getting a free cover for my troubles on top of the LT; Maaaaybe Vulture->Parker, but i don't think so).

But your response to my question 1 being "they set a precedent, now they owe us more of it" is kind of the definition of entitlement. I would say that all the players deserve a realistic path to 5* play, but I don't think the answer to that is "go back to 2008 and grind."
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Every announcement has been an even number of weeks apart. Assuming a normal announcement, and not some mass release, nothing will come this week. Not to mention it’d be Ghost.  Who would feed Wasp, maybe?  Seems highly unlikely.

If it's this week, it would be Valkyrie, not Ghost. V's the placement reward for PVE and PVP starting 8/6 and 8/7, which would fit with an announcement on 8/7-8-9.

And she could feed Thor (which would coincide well with a 5* MCU Loki release, given the forum clue, 5/4/4 pattern, and Infinity War home release, bundling all that as an Asgardian cross-advertisement could be nice).
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Alternatively, as with Wa5p, she could just feed Loki. Or Banner i guess given their plot in the film, that would be funny.
  • smkspy
    edited August 2018
    Options
    smkspy said:

But for those like me who past 4 stars, and are just entering into five star land, mean the world despite just being Band-Aids. Say 296 MEH feeds 2/4/5 Banner, talk about a retro cover breaking the game for "new" players.
    I am 100% on your side that there should be a way in-game to target your roster growth on purpose outside of hoarding until special release vaults, and the feeder system is the closest thing we have to that right now. I only have 7 4*s above 280 with a few more at 279, so I don't believe I've personally benefited from any of the feeder announcements yet (in the way of getting a free cover for my troubles on top of the LT; Maaaaybe Vulture->Parker, but i don't think so).

But your response to my question 1 being "they set a precedent, now they owe us more of it" is kind of the definition of entitlement. I would say that all the players deserve a realistic path to 5* play, but I don't think the answer to that is "go back to 2008 and grind."
    No, I said they set a precedent, so it would tick off people if they reversed that policy. Kinda like announcing 4 star PvP as a more regular thing and then which appears to have been redacted. I never said they "owe" and I don't think they really owe us. 

That being be said I do think that rewarding loyal customers that have stuck with the game, worked hard to be established players, and have invested into their business every now and then should be rewarded somehow. Retro-covers do that. Call it entitlement if you want, I call it good business strategy for a large segment of the game population are currently spinning their wheels hoping for something to change.

RNG fives and 2/3 🌟 farming with no new content breeds nothing but apathy and zero desire to spend money on this product.

• jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Only because it would help me finish mine, I vote for Shuri to give Okoye.

I realize that's not what this thread is about... but since we all seem to be yelling into the void, I figured no harm.
  • jtmagee
    jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think we’re due for one this week. 
  • bluewolf
    edited August 2018
    Options
    On the one hand, it might be worth considering that the feeders have always been an even number of weeks apart (usually 4 weeks, but some 2, and some 6).  And we are 5 weeks from Ant-Man's announcement.  So if they stuck to their pattern, it should be next week.  Or 3 weeks.  Or 5, or 7, or 9.....

On the other hand, they seem to be invested in being unpredictable.

Valk could feed Thor, certainly.  She fell into a potential feeder slot earlier.  Who knows....
  • Steve111
    Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Perhaps anyone going to see D3 at gencon could ask and report back... 
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GenCon was last weekend. I talked with Ice about supports but not feeders.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They like to do announcements and changes to the game to advertise Marvel movie/TV products.  So I think some of the delays might have to do with that and it takes precedence over our hopes and dreams.   The next Marvel movies in 2019 are Captain Marvel, Avengers, Spiderman and an Agents of Shield movie.
    In TV land Iron fist and Daredevil is coming out later this year. Punisher and Jessica Jones next seasons are being filmed.  Marvels Runaways is filming and might get released this year.   Oh and then there is Marvel's New Warriors, which may give us a Squirrel Girl.    I also think they might do some things when a Blueray/DVD comes out.   
  • smkspy
    Options
    They like to do announcem onents and changes to the game to advertise Marvel movie/TV products.  So I think some of the delays might have to do with that and it takes precedence over our hopes and dreams.   The next Marvel movies in 2019 are Captain Marvel, Avengers, Spiderman and an Agents of Shield movie.
    In TV land Iron fist and Daredevil is coming out later this year. Punisher and Jessica Jones next seasons are being filmed.  Marvels Runaways is filming and might get released this year.   Oh and then there is Marvel's New Warriors, which may give us a Squirrel Girl.    I also think they might do some things when a Blueray/DVD comes out.   

Would love someone to put up data confirming this, cause other than character releases I'm doubting your statement...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    There's an Agents of Shield movie coming out? Starring the TV cast?

• bluewolf
    Options
    There's an Agents of Shield movie coming out? Starring the TV cast?

No, but the show isn’t coming back until next summer. Shooting now, though.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Personally, I wish they'd assign a feeder when a 5* goes Classic. That seems like a good time to do it.
  • jtmagee
    jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Agreed, but there’s still a lot of Classic 5*’s who need feeders. I’d like to see at least 2 for when IW comes out on DVD: one for the new 5* and one for a Classic who is in the movie, like Dr. Strange or IM. 
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Personally, I wish they'd assign a feeder when a 5* goes Classic. That seems like a good time to do it.
    It might make sense to you but it would make zero business sense.  Why spend to get a last couple of pulls while they're in Latest if you're expecting a couple of free covers anyway (and what colours you'll get first).

I do wish they'd step things up a little with the feeders, but it's also nice to be kept guessing on who will be next to be given a feeder, and hoping it will finally be for one of the classics stuck at 10-12 covers.
  • Steve111
    Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    CharlieCroker said

I do wish they'd step things up a little with the feeders, but it's also nice to be kept guessing on who will be next to be given a feeder, and hoping it will finally be for one of the classics stuck at 10-12 covers.
    But not to be left guessing for too long...