Darogaaz the busted?

Options
13»

Comments

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    The first time I played him, I was surprised the support stuck around and thought that was going to be fixed. Still, the good news is, there are plenty of exile, bounce, or steal solutions that can deal with him.

Honestly, it's hard to say many creatures are worth nerfing. Spells and supports aren't directly targetable, making those two types of cards much more difficult to deal with. The only time creatures have proven overwhelmingly powerful is when they a) facilitate lengthy or infinite loops (e.g., Baral, or even Rashmi), or b) lack sufficient counters in the existing meta (Runaway Carriage back in the day).

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wereotter said:
    rafalele said:
    It is a good mythic, it is NOT broken.

Stop asking to nerf good cards, just broken ones pleeeeeeeeeae.
    No, it's definitely a broken card when the support never leaves. I saw it in a recent match where I had no exile get up to 40 shields and by the end was returning multiple dragons with nothing I could do about it because my support removal kept not targeting that support. When the dragon returns, the support needs to destruct, when the dragon dies again, it should make a new support. Give people a chance to break the cycle while keeping the card at a similar power level.
    I feel you man.  The worst is when you bounce it, only to see all his reinforcements coming back every turn anyway.

I just run exile as much as physically possible now.  Luckily both white and black have it, so almost all of my decks have an option.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    Options
    wereotter said:
    rafalele said:

No, it's definitely a broken card when the support never leaves. I saw it in a recent match where I had no exile get up to 40 shields and by the end was returning multiple dragons with nothing I could do about it because my support removal kept not targeting that support. When the dragon returns, the support needs to destruct, when the dragon dies again, it should make a new support. Give people a chance to break the cycle while keeping the card at a similar power level.
    It is not broken, it does not win a match for you in one or two  turns. You can react. Use exile, steal it or use support remover.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rafalele said:
    wereotter said:
    rafalele said:

It is not broken, it does not win a match for you in one or two  turns. You can react. Use exile, steal it or use support remover.
    And I literally just said my support removal kept targeting NOT the support the dragon made, and because it continues to reinforce while the dragon is in play, and if you can't exile him (maybe because you're not playing black/white or maybe because you're just not drawing the right cards) he absolutely will win the game because he's a problem you can never be rid of. But unlike similar cards that keep coming back, for example Squee, he is large, flying, hasted, and can be reinforced.

This might be different if we still had Release the Gremlins or Consulate Crackdown legal to make sure you hit that support, but we don't, which makes him a pretty big problem.
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It makes him a dangerous threat you need to plan and prepare for. It doesn't mean he needs to be nerfed.
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brakkis said:
    It makes him a dangerous threat you need to plan and prepare for. It doesn't mean he needs to be nerfed.

I don't see some of the suggestions as being nerfs but bug fixes. When he gets summoned the support should lose 8 shields. You're meant to be _paying_ the 8 shields for one dragon.
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For anyone annoyed at how hard it is to hit, remember his support is a token support which means it will never be targeted by most support destruction if your opponent has any non-token supports out due to the newish targeting change. Vraska will almost certainly hit it though.
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Exile and rebuke, all day every day. Or clutches. Doesn’t need a nerf, it’s fine. It returns one Dari a turn, and he costs a fair amount to play out to begin with. Vary your removal. Vraska’s contempt is a rare that’s quite playable and is craftable for a reasonable amount of orbs.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    but hot many support destructions are there that only target nonland? 4 in the last two blocks?

• Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If anyone hasn't been using haphazard bombardment since it has been fixed.... should be. An Incredibly effect mythic now. 
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks Gunmix25 for the reminder, I haven't dug it back out again yet!
  • Skiglass6
    Skiglass6 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    If anyone hasn't been using haphazard bombardment since it has been fixed.... should be. An Incredibly effect mythic now. 
    This is the biggest problem with all of the bugs. They release new cards with bugs that make them unplayable and then we put them on the trash heap because they are unplayable.  So as Verix is blasting all of my creatures for 4 damage each, my Rishadan Port sits on the sideline.  They break Blightcaster and now I shelve T2. I am not saying that a deck can’t be built for T2 but that was the main draw to T2 for me since energize has rotated. 

I probably play this game more than I should but I do not have the time to retest all of the bugged cards just to see if they work each day. I do not recall the Haphazard Bombardment fix listed in official notes stating it was fixed.  I have been using it since it has been fixed because I think a forum member posted that it was fixed.  There is an official thread of bugs that are being investigated  but I do not see Rishadan Port on the list.

How does a bug make it to the investigation status?  What are the possible times that bugs can be fixed, just when we download a new version or are there other times that bugs can be fixed?  Maybe the monthly Q/A can turn into the monthly bug report or they can keep the Q/A and add a bug report. 

• Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Skiglass6 said:
    Gunmix25 said:

I probably play this game more than I should but I do not have the time to retest all of the bugged cards just to see if they work each day. I do not recall the Haphazard Bombardment fix listed in official notes stating it was fixed.  
    The lack of communication is a huge issue, one that @Brigby really should alert the devs to.  I love the fact that they are constantly fixing broken cards (I'd love it more if the cards weren't broken in the first place, but whatever).

There really should be at least a post here with a "hey we fixed this card/these cards today.  Check them out!" whenever they implement a bug fix.  That way we aren't surprised all the time.  I mean, if not for @Gunmix25 posting that, I'd still thing Haphazard was junk.  Turns out its really good.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Mburn7 said:
    Skiglass6 said:
    Gunmix25 said:

I probably play this game more than I should but I do not have the time to retest all of the bugged cards just to see if they work each day. I do not recall the Haphazard Bombardment fix listed in official notes stating it was fixed.  
    The lack of communication is a huge issue, one that @Brigby really should alert the devs to.  I love the fact that they are constantly fixing broken cards (I'd love it more if the cards weren't broken in the first place, but whatever).

There really should be at least a post here with a "hey we fixed this card/these cards today.  Check them out!" whenever they implement a bug fix.  That way we aren't surprised all the time.  I mean, if not for @Gunmix25 posting that, I'd still thing Haphazard was junk.  Turns out its really good.

Actually, in their defense they did communicate and release the info...under 'General Changes'. That's how I knew about it.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/74178/2-8-release-notes-updated-7-30-18

That said, I am happy that I was able to bring awareness to that card. It is a great automated support destruction. Perfect against Elspeth, H2, A2, and all blue PW. Sometimes I get a good laugh at all the popping going on. 

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    [MOD MIC ON] Please keep all posts on topic. [//MOD MIC]
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Oh wow, just got matched with a Bolas in TG. Small cascade on turn one into startled awake, casting BSZ, leading to imminent Doom and casting out a bunch of small draw spells. That was a lot of damage and a good board state for one turn...

I still won, of course, because Darigaaz was in my deck ;)
  • morgue427
    Options
    huh i had it against bolas in the event and hmm he wont summon back out even with the support on the board, guess he is only good at destroying hapless ai run players not bosses lol
  • morgue427
    Options
    between him and josu my deck is all sorts of eccentric and busted lol
  • Boogeyman
    Boogeyman Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I swear every time I play against him, I lose.  I even had an exile card in my deck, but no luck drawing it.  I destroyed him, then bam he is back out and is reinforced.  Mana starved, and I had no chance.   Not much you can do sometimes.