Darogaaz the busted?

Options

Comments

• khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It could work differently for you and your opponent, I guess. Or the devs fixed it in the last update.
    Or the devs fixed it in the last update.
  • Grixis197
    Grixis197 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2018
    Options
    The AI somehow got the only copy it casted as I killed it and it returned, then I stole it from him so the only copy was on my side, then next turn as the support was still out he got another copy of it and defintely no more went in the graveyard from spells etc.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    him and flash make a great combo flash him for 8 then the support is out and even the best kill deck will run of of spells to put him down before long
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    morgue427 said:
    him and flash make a great combo flash him for 8 then the support is out and even the best kill deck will run of of spells to put him down before long
    Unless he's exiled (which every kill deck should have).

But **** thats a nice combo.  I wish I had Flash.  Or Darigaaz.  Or any useful masterpiece, really (I mean, Conflux is pretty ok, I guess.  But Deed, Port, and Piper are just meh)
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just played a game where my Dari died. When the support had enough shields he came back. The next turn, no more came back. He died on AI's turn, my turn he came back. The next turn no more came back.

Not seeing a problem on my end.
  • morgue427
    Options
    had mine sometimes get reinforced if it survies the round but not sure why or when it does
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Even from the video posted, if he had let the two Darigaaz's he had be in the first and last position when the AI used the discard power, THEN the next two turns he might have gotten those back?.. (Now I'm going to have to see on my own.. )
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Azerack said:
    Even from the video posted, if he had let the two Darigaaz's he had be in the first and last position when the AI used the discard power, THEN the next two turns he might have gotten those back?.. (Now I'm going to have to see on my own.. )
    Of course he would have gotten those back. What's wrong with that
  • arNero
    arNero Posts: 358 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I do firmly believe that Darigaaz's support seriously need to self destruct once he gets back on field. Pretty riduculous when Gather the Pack and one dead Darigaaz results in 40/40 threat by itself...
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    Options
    arNero said:
    I do firmly believe that Darigaaz's support seriously need to self destruct once he gets back on field. Pretty riduculous when Gather the Pack and one dead Darigaaz results in 40/40 threat by itself...
    I do not agree. Each copy destryed by Gather the Pack has to wait one turn to get into the battlefield after the support gets 8 shields it is not more broken than any other good mythic.
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Honestly, its a really solid and annoying card to deal with.  But I really don't think it deserves the nerf hammer.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    Options
    babar3355 said:
    Honestly, its a really solid and annoying card to deal with.  But I really don't think it deserves the nerf hammer.
    O.o ... what did you say????

That post needs to be framed and mounted on a wall! I never thought I'd see the day! :D lol

When I see posts like the OP. I often think this is simply a matter of not being prepared to deal with said card. He is tough... but I've a tougher time facing Gaeia's revenge than the regenerating flying lizard.

I face Darigaaz frequently. Partly why I mix up straight removal, exile and support destruction in my builds. Those same cards also help deal with hexproof ... Vona's hunger for example or Settle the wreckage. This game isn't supposed to be easy. 
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Haha, why do you think I am the poster-child for nerfing cards.  The only ones I have ever really ranted about are Omniscience, River's Rebuke, HuF, and Baral 1.0... unless I am forgetting something.  I thought Gilded Lotus needed a slight adjustment I suppose.  I stand behind those positions though.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I think hes fine as well and he works fine for me. There are counters to him in the meta. If only a very very small limited number of options (like 1) or none existed to counter darigaaz then its a problem.
  • morgue427
    Options
    exile does him in and alot of people use it. with bounce you know it will be recast with him you at least it only earns you a round is all
  • Enygma6
    Enygma6 Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As someone who has had Darigaaz since the early days of DOM, I still think the support needs to self-destruct after resurrecting him.  
    Having it stick around so he immediately comes back the next turn is counter to the paper version of the card, which required a 2 turn delay as all the counters were removed.  His resurrection support not being removed when he comes back breaks this.  
    This card is also only 4 more mana than Relentless Dead, who also comes back every turn, but Darigaaz is 4 times the size (8/8 vs. 2/2), and has Haste, Trample, and Flying, compared to Menace.  So extra size, 2 more Evergreens, for slightly more cost, only lacking the "bring a friend with you" part for a creature that comes back every single turn right now.
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Relentless Dead works more like Squee as far as I know, it can get killed and come back multiple times within the same turn. It's not the best comparison… However, I also have Darigaaz, and can agree that the support should probably self-destruct. However, if they do change it that way, they should also make it so it doesn't reinforce, and that Darigaaz can spawn more than one if he's been reinforced. Say, reinforced twice -> two egg supports, four times -> three egg supports (three being the max one destruction could spawn). That'd reduce his power significantly, but also keep at least some of his reinforcements upon resurrection. It would also protect him a bit from support destruction as recompense for the loss in pure power.
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    Options
    It is a good mythic, it is NOT broken.

Stop asking to nerf good cards, just broken ones pleeeeeeeeeae.
  • Aeroplane
    Aeroplane Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    rafalele said:

I agree. This is what makes exile cards and return to your hand cards so precious. I believe green and red  have problems with dari,but usually your PW is a dual color. There is always going to be a few cards that outshine the others in sets.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rafalele said:

No, it's definitely a broken card when the support never leaves. I saw it in a recent match where I had no exile get up to 40 shields and by the end was returning multiple dragons with nothing I could do about it because my support removal kept not targeting that support. When the dragon returns, the support needs to destruct, when the dragon dies again, it should make a new support. Give people a chance to break the cycle while keeping the card at a similar power level.