Loki (God of Mischief) (8/7/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited August 2018 in MPQ Character Discussion
Hi Everyone,

"Born a prince of Jotunheim and adopted by Odin, Loki can lay claim to both Frost Giant and Asgardian royalty. While this puts great power at his disposal, Loki's true strength comes from his talent for illusion and trickery.

For all his skill at fooling others, Loki can't convince himself that he belongs anywhere. As an outsider in both lands, Loki constantly seeks ways to prove himself worthy, no matter how much his treachery hurts his family - and innocent bystanders."

Check out the brand new 5-Star Loki, and find out how you can recruit him onto your team! 

5-Star Rarity (Epic)
Villains
purpletilepng greentilepng blacktilepng 

(Abilities listed at level 450, Power Level 5)
Shadowplay - 7 purpletilepng AP
Loki conjures replicas of himself to distract and confuse his foes. Creates 4 4-turn Shadowplay tiles - Black Countdown tiles that, if destroyed before going off, create 2 new Shadowplay tiles. After firing this power, it becomes Dagger Surprise.

Dagger Surprise - 4 purpletilepng AP
Loki springs from behind an illusion, pouncing on an unsuspecting enemy. Removes up to 3 friendly Shadowplay tiles, dealing 8,891 damage for each. When there are no friendly Shadowplay tiles on the board, this power becomes Shadowplay.

Destroy Everything
 - 11 greentilepng AP
Loki bends the power of Asgard to his will, sending the Destroyer after his enemies. Creates a Fortified 3-turn Green Repeater tile that destroys a random row and deals 6,882 damage to the enemy team. (Destroyed tiles do not deal damage or generate AP.)

Feign Death blacktilepng Passive
Loki feigns death and lies in wait for the opportune moment to retaliate. When Loki becomes Downed, creates a Trap tile that, when matched, revives Loki with 62% health and generates 3 Green AP.

Recruit Loki!

Right to Rule - Special Legendary Store
  • Starts: Thu, August 9th, 12:00pm EDT
  • Ends: Sun, August 13th, 12:00am EDT
  • 15% chance to get Loki (God of Mischief), Thor (Gladiator), and Black Bolt (Inhuman King)
  • Additional tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points
Loki Laufeyson - Special Limited Vault
  • No Reset Option
  • 40 Items: 
    • 1x Right to Rule Legendary Token
    • 1x The Hulk (The Main Event) cover
    • 3x Random 3-Star covers
    • 6x Heroic tokens
    • 4x 2,500 Iso-8
    • 6x 1,000 Iso-8
    • 5x 500 Iso-8
    • 14x 2-Star covers

Event Schedule

Come and Get Me
  • Rewards tokens to the Right to Rule legendary cover store

Comments

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Looks pretty neat. Does it matter which team matches his resurrection trap?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    This may be the best release store for a 5* I've (personally) ever seen. A 5* I have champed (Bolt), a 5* I almost have fully covered and want to finish (Thor), and a new 5* that I kinda really want? That's exciting news all around.

And Thanos boss event? Solid tie-ins for the Infinity War home release and 10-year MCU anniversary.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    I'm a looooooooong way from ever getting him fully covered, but he looks very fun to play. Wish I'd saved up a decent hoard for this "Right To Rule" store, could certainly use some Thor & BB covers. Prob won't get a shot like this for a while again. 
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Interesting play. Purple wants you to match as many of the purple tiles as you can to multiple them before you use 4 more AP to turn them into damage. Massive damage potential.

It synergizes with a green repeater that does 6000 team damage every 3 turns and destroys a tile. The downside is it can eventually destroy itself.

Black has the potential to be neat, but also has the potential to be as unused as Phoenix's revive.

I'll probably end up going after him mainly because I need to finish Okoye. Loki doesn't look metadefining but could be solidly usable.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    If his trap tile is destroyed, not matched, does he still revive?
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    @Brigby Any chance you know his health and match damage?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Thanos said:
    Brigby Any chance you know his health and match damage?
    Level 450 health is 53,841. Here is his match damage:

purpletilepng 696 | greentilepng 618 | blacktilepng 541 |  344 | bluetilepng 89 |  82 | yellowtilepng 75 |  4.3x
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Can you or the enemy see the trap tile? If not, are you able to see it if Jessica Jones is an ally and have enough blue AP?
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2018
    He looks decent, wish his green wasn't so slow. I think they could lower the cost of the green or make the repeater one turn. By the time this thing finally goes off the match will be over. Also, would be nice if it destroyed more than one row.
  • jtmagee
    jtmagee Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Somewhat OT: can there be a barrier for getting these health bars to near equal as some of the classics? My Phoenix is at level 478 and her health is already going to be less than Loki at 450. 
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2018
    What happens if Loki trap is matched in a post battle cascade?  Victory banner displays after the board settles,  will he rez? 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanos said:
    He looks decent, wish his green wasn't so slow. I think they could lower the cost of the green or make the repeater one turn. By the time this thing finally goes off the match will be over. Also, would be nice if it destroyed more than one row.
    I think if the repeater tile was every 2 turns it would be solid.  Every 3 turns for 10 green means it might go off 1 maybe 2 times in PVP.  

His purple looks really good though with doing 26k Damage.  Add in Okoye and that will be nasty.  

Unfortunatly i I don’t see his black as a great ability.  Sure you can resurrect him fact of the matter is having you character get downed happens so infrequently.  On Defense you just kill him last and his black is useless.  Maybe it is my play style but I saw the same thing with Phoenix where I would prefer to heal her than have her get downed then resurrect her. 
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does Loki create the trap every time he goes down? It implies he does (and obviously things would be going very poorly if it happened a lot), but just curious.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    The good thing about his black is it pretty much forces you to kill him last, he's going to go great with okoye and JJ. A good fill if you don't have thor.