Oath of teferi, when?

Options
2»

Comments

• FeralSkald
    FeralSkald Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Creatures lose those buffs when exiled and returned. Example: when I put saving grace on a creature when oath exiles and returns it loses defender and bonus toughness.

Will keep reinforcements but not other effects.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why should non stacking damage be the best way? Heart of Kiran. Always in the first spot, and gets bigger.. And bigger.. And bigger..
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    FeralSkald said:
    Creatures lose those buffs when exiled and returned. Example: when I put saving grace on a creature when oath exiles and returns it loses defender and bonus toughness.

They're temporary buffs to begin with. The idea is using a creature like Desolation Twin that spawns tokens. You give it a temporary Reach buff which will put them in the first slot and they'll be exiled and return instead of the tokens. They'll just keep spawning the Tokens and the Tokens will never get reset by being in the first slot.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Options
    Brakkis said:
    FeralSkald said:

They're temporary buffs to begin with. The idea is using a creature like Desolation Twin that spawns tokens. You give it a temporary Reach buff which will put them in the first slot and they'll be exiled and return instead of the tokens. They'll just keep spawning the Tokens and the Tokens will never get reset by being in the first slot.
    That would work.. Once?
    If you really want it every turn, you need muldrotha
  • Brakkis
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Brakkis said:
    FeralSkald said:

That would work.. Once?
    It's a legacy deck so any spell goes. There are 6 green and 4 white spells under 10 mana that can do this. 4 of the green and 3 of the white are 6 or less. Oh, and one colorless card too. That'll work far more than once.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Brakkis said:
    Brakkis said:
    FeralSkald said:

That would work.. Once?
    It's a legacy deck so any spell goes. There are 6 green and 4 white spells under 10 mana that can do this. 4 of the green and 3 of the white are 6 or less. Oh, and one colorless card too. That'll work far more than once.

If you dedicate your whole deck to this one combo idea, then it would work indeed.. Although harness the storm or muldrotha could really make this working, I don't think it would win a lot
  • FeralSkald
    FeralSkald Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Oh, legacy. 

Why bother with oath at all for twins then? Huf deploy.

Seems like way too much work and card dedication to spawn twin tokens with oath, so much more you could do with less mana/time. 

Anyway, legacy decks are not important so run with it if you want.
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brakkis said:
    Simple solution to keep cycling the same creature while running more than one - 9give the creature you want to keep utilizing the ETB effcts of Defender/Reach/Vigilance. Plenty of cheap spells in green and a couple in white that give it until beginning of next turn.

I'd also nominate Tyrant of Valakut as a nasty card to use with it in Legacy.
    The creature loses effects granted by spells, it only works once and then you have to recast the spell
  • Brakkis
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Brakkis said:
    Simple solution to keep cycling the same creature while running more than one - 9give the creature you want to keep utilizing the ETB effcts of Defender/Reach/Vigilance. Plenty of cheap spells in green and a couple in white that give it until beginning of next turn.

The creature loses effects granted by spells, it only works once and then you have to recast the spell
    ... it's almost like people don't read  :|

FeralSkald said:
    Oh, legacy. 

Seems like way too much work and card dedication to spawn twin tokens with oath, so much more you could do with less mana/time. 

Because everyone has HuF and Deploy...

These are spell cards with mana cost of 6 or less, a rare creature, and a single support. Couldn't get much lower on mana. 

Desolation Twin being brought up made it Legacy. Almost everyone is coming up with the best creatures to use it with in Legacy. I just thought up a cheap way to make Desolation Twin a nasty choice.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Josh and OoT is nuts. Even better in Legacy with Gisa and Geralf. 
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brakkis said:
    Brakkis said:

FeralSkald said:
    Oh, legacy. 

These are spell cards with mana cost of 6 or less, a rare creature, and a single support. Couldn't get much lower on mana. 

Desolation Twin being brought up made it Legacy. Almost everyone is coming up with the best creatures to use it with in Legacy. I just thought up a cheap way to make Desolation Twin a nasty choice.
    Your teeth seem deeply sunk into this one, so I probably can't talk you off of it.  But I actually tried to devise a deck that would do this. It just takes way too many components and leads to a really inefficient deck. Instead of drawing more threats, removal, etc, you are constantly working to fill enough single turn buff effects.  Also, if you actually put 5-6 defender buff cards it makes your deck really slow and inconsistent.

I can confirm it does work.. it's just not a very good deck.
  • Brakkis
    Options
    babar3355 said:
    Brakkis said:
    Brakkis said:

FeralSkald said:
    Oh, legacy. 

Your teeth seem deeply sunk into this one, so I probably can't talk you off of it.  But I actually tried to devise a deck that would do this. It just takes way too many components and leads to a really inefficient deck. Instead of drawing more threats, removal, etc, you are constantly working to fill enough single turn buff effects.  Also, if you actually put 5-6 defender buff cards it makes your deck really slow and inconsistent.

I can confirm it does work.. it's just not a very good deck.

Oh you don't need to talk me out of doing this. There are way better combinations than this. I just felt like taking the suggestion of Desolation Twin and making it nastier. It's not fast, and it's not efficient compared to other options, but it works to make a big 'ol token stack.