Oath of teferi, when?

Options
andrewvanmarle
andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
@Brigby
is there a timeline when we may expect oath of teferi to hit the vault?

I'd'like to spend my money please ;-)

Comments

• Avahad
    Avahad Posts: 296 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    it was in there about 4hours ago for me.... can’t tell if it still is available tho coz the buy button was just too damn tempting.......
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2018
    Options
    ooooops, it showed now, thanks @avahad

I dont know why I didnt see it before ;-)

• Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What creature(s) does Oath synergize best with?  I've been running him with an Angels deck, but the exile/return doesn't seem like it serves much purpose there...
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Talahamut said:
    What creature(s) does Oath synergize best with?  I've been running him with an Angels deck, but the exile/return doesn't seem like it serves much purpose there...
    If I had to guess its anything with an ETB (enters the battlefield) effect.  The Oath replays it every turn, triggering the effect.
  • Gun Bunny
    Gun Bunny Posts: 233 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I heard noxious gearhulk mentioned in discord, will always be in your first slot.
  • Azerack
    Azerack Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've been leary of getting this because of the opposite. The opponent also gets that and seeing either Tyrant or Skysovereign in the AI's hand would not be fun to have to deal with every turn. 
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Some of my favorites so far...

Emrakul
    Zacama
    Avacyn

Knight of the White Orchid is solid and always gets bounced (with his defender)
    Abbot of Keral Keep is fun too.

One not so good options...

Vertix - seems like he would be cool because he keeps dropping his bladewing support in case you miss it on cast or have it destroyed.  However, Oath causes the opponent creatures to regenerate every turn... meaning if it doesnt kill them it doesnt really do anything.

As an aside, Kenjalli's Sunwing makes for an interesting inclusion, as it prevents the ETB triggers of the opponents deck.
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    babar3355 said:
    Some of my favorites so far...

Emrakul
    Zacama
    Avacyn

Knight of the White Orchid is solid and always gets bounced (with his defender)
    Abbot of Keral Keep is fun too.

One not so good options...

Vertix - seems like he would be cool because he keeps dropping his bladewing support in case you miss it on cast or have it destroyed.  However, Oath causes the opponent creatures to regenerate every turn... meaning if it doesnt kill them it doesnt really do anything.

As an aside, Kenjalli's Sunwing makes for an interesting inclusion, as it prevents the ETB triggers of the opponents deck.

Another not so good option is in regards to PW are those known for buffing. OoT makes this loyalty ability kind of moot since it is erased every turn.

That dinosaur that gives life is a good option

I believe Hostage taker will work, but have not confirmed as of yet.

tokens with anointed procession for legacy

• IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Azor, to shut down spells for the rest of the game. 
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I suspect that when enough players get (or face this card) there shall be many threads written about it, lamenting about its need to be put on the tracks of the nerf-train
  • Gun Bunny
    Gun Bunny Posts: 233 Tile Toppler
    Options
    IM_CARLOS said:
    Azor, to shut down spells for the rest of the game. 
    Ouch.

Could also stack alhammaret with overwhelming splendor
  • FindingHeart8
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Boomship or Tyrant
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,434 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I suspect that when enough players get (or face this card) there shall be many threads written about it, lamenting about its need to be put on the tracks of the nerf-train
    Hush you cwazy wombat!
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    Gunmix25 said:
    Hush you cwazy wombat!
    Crazy wombat...or Oracle wombat?

httporig05deviantartnet5286f201720916wombat_wizard_by_hafsteinnpe-dbi0l3gjpg

• babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hostage taker does work... nicely in fact.

The problem with building any deck around Oath is that only the creature in the bottom slot flickers.. which is kind of fun, but does provide deck building challenges.  

Like to permanently lock them down with flickering Emrakul, I basically had to run a mono-creature strategy.  Worked brilliantly in ToTP with all of the ramp though.
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Will Desolation Twin keep loading up on twins?  I don't have it to test...
  • IM_CARLOS
    Options
    Emrakul and is King of the Hill of cause, but Legacy only. For Standard I like Azor most or some Dragon with entering effects maybe. 
  • IM_CARLOS
    Options
    Mono crature is not a problem with Teferi. 
  • FeralSkald
    FeralSkald Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Talahamut said:
    Will Desolation Twin keep loading up on twins?  I don't have it to test...
    Yes, I found that out in a TG. I inadvertently gave my opponent a lot of twins. Granted it's only the first slot creature so it has to cycle back down so every other turn (with just twins out) it would gain another token.
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Simple solution to keep cycling the same creature while running more than one - give the creature you want to keep utilizing the ETB effcts of Defender/Reach/Vigilance. Plenty of cheap spells in green and a couple in white that give it until beginning of next turn.

I'd also nominate Tyrant of Valakut as a nasty card to use with it in Legacy.