**** Spider-Man (Infinity War) ****

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin

Spider-Man (Infinity War)

4-Star Rarity (Legendary)
Heroes, Spider-Verse, Avengers, Team Iron Man
bluetilepng greentilepng 
"Armed with a new Stark Tech suit, the friendly neighborhood Spider-Man will have to use his wit, strength, and Spider-sense to help the other heroes stop Thanos from enacting his master plan to collect all the Infinity Stones."

(Abilities, Match Damage, and Health listed at level 270)
13,995 Health
bluetilepng 85 | greentilepng 74 |  65 |  43 | yellowtilepng 13 | purpletilepng 12 | blacktilepng 11 |  4.0x

Quick Reflexes - bluetilepng Passive
Spider-Man's Spider-sense lets him anticipate danger and react accordingly. Whenever Spider-Man makes a match, create 1 Web tile. Enemy powers deal 3% less damage to Spider-Man for each Web tile on the board. Whenever Spider-Man takes damage from an enemy power, remove half of all Web tiles (rounded down).
  • Level 2: Enemy powers deal 6% less damage...
  • Level 3: Enemy powers deal 9% less damage...
  • Level 4: ...create 2 Web tiles.
  • Level 5: Enemy powers deal 12% less damage...
Thwip, Thwip, Pow! - 7 greentilepng AP
Spider-Man swings through the air, lobbing a quick burst of web-shots into battle. His webs hit 4 random colored tiles, locking any enemy tiles, fortifying any friendly tiles, and converting the rest to Web tiles.
  • Level 2: His webs hit 5 random colored tiles...
  • Level 3: His webs hit 6 random colored tiles...
  • Level 4: His webs hit 7 random colored tiles...
  • Level 5: His webs hit 8 random colored tiles...
Proportional Punch - 10  AP
Spider-Man grabs his enemy with his cybernetic spider legs to deliver a blow with the proportional strength of a spider! Deals 649 damage plus 260 damage for every Blue, Green, or Red Web tile on the board, and 130 damage for every other Web tile.
  • Level 2: Deals 901 damage plus 361 damage for every...and 181 damage for every...
  • Level 3: Deals 1163 damage plus 466 damage for every...and 233 damage for every...
  • Level 4: Deals 1677 damage plus 672 damage for every...and 336 damage for every...
  • Level 5: Deals 2704 damage plus 1083 damage for every...and 542 damage for every...
What do you think is Spider-Man's best build? Vote down below!

**** Spider-Man (Infinity War) **** 11 votes

5/5/3
0%
5/4/4
0%
5/3/5
54%
QuebbsterD4Ni13AnonWaddles_PinesFartyJoeMrEd95 6 votes
4/5/4
0%
4/4/5
36%
OzarkBoatswainfireb0mberBlackBoltRocksskittledaddy 4 votes
3/5/5
9%
zeddicus 1 vote

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5

Green looks pretty lackluster, so the other two Powers should be maxed by default. I suppose a 4/4/5 build could work if you want more webs instead of higher damage reduction.

Main problem is that he needs to tank to be truly effective. When he does I can see him being very annoying though.

• fireb0mber
    fireb0mber Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    4/4/5
    He could be interesting to use him with Spider Gwen. Webs everywhere.
    And to complete the rainbow, introduce a good black/blue user : hulkbuster for red ap generation, IF for healing every time, punisher why not, ...
  • Quebbster
    5/3/5
    Tried him out with Spider-Gwen and Miles Morales in Miles' required  nodes in SHIELD training. Worked out all right, I suppose, though Peter was mostly a web tile supplier. Big problem is of course that he needs to tank colors to be effective.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5
    Quebbster said:
    Tried him out with Spider-Gwen and Miles Morales in Miles' required  nodes in SHIELD training. Worked out all right, I suppose, though Peter was mostly a web tile supplier. Big problem is of course that he needs to tank colors to be effective.
    He already tanks blue and green at most levels.  You wouldn't want him over-tanking because then 1/2 your webs go into the ether whenever he makes a match.  Then again, what do I know; with no "latest" covers anymore it'll take me forever to finish him  :/
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    He already tanks blue and green at most levels.  You wouldn't want him over-tanking because then 1/2 your webs go into the ether whenever he makes a match.  Then again, what do I know; with no "latest" covers anymore it'll take me forever to finish him  :/
    Not totally true; he only prevents damage (and removes web tiles) from enemy powers, not matches.
  • Quebbster
    5/3/5
    Quebbster said:

At the fourstar level, sure. I am a fivestar player though and it is really hard to get him to tank his colors over fivestars, so he's relegated to novelty purposes only. Maybe I should have made that clear.
  • Jaedenkaal
    “Isn’t better than my 5*s” isn’t exactly a high bar for a 4* though. Surely that’s true of any 4* these days, except maybe the ones that generate reliable AP
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    I still think he will be great on a all spidey team but matching him with a 5 will destroy his web spamming ability, plus I doubt you can play him with any of the spider 5's (I have not confirmed this though).  Put him with Gewn and Miles or pick one of them and Vulture and you should have a very solid 4 team.  Just cannot get covers to test this theory :)
  • Quebbster
    5/3/5
    “Isn’t better than my 5*s” isn’t exactly a high bar for a 4* though. Surely that’s true of any 4* these days, except maybe the ones that generate reliable AP

That's not the Point. The Point is that when he is paired with fivestars he won't make many matches and thus won't produce many web tiles, thus reducing his effectiveness.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Sure. And when you pair him with 5* Gambit, he has no damaging powers. Again, true of all 4* characters with red or purple damage powers.

I think it is the point. To the surprise of no one, once you're using 5*s most of the time, new 4* releases probably won't be very helpful for you.
  • hopper1979
    You should not be pairing him with 5's it will not work well :)
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Saying Iron Spider is bad because he doesn't go well with 5-stars is like saying Vision is bad because he doesn't play well with 4-stars. No, Vision is just bad. So is Iron Spider. Characters that need to tank their colors in order to be effective have never worked very well in this game.

If they're going to continue to put these types of mechanics in, the characters should be more Rogue-like. A tank can't be a tank unless they can force the enemy to pay attention to them.
  • hopper1979
    The problem with the Rogue model (or Spider Woman) is if you have a 4 tanking against a 5 they are going to get slaughtered, even Rogue does not last long unless she is boosted.  Vision is horrible on all teams especially if he is not tanking.  You put Iron Spider on an all 4 team where he gets to tank 2-3 colors and is benefiting from the synergy of his teammates he could be very good.  He is very niche which is his problem and is why he is probably a bottom 1/3 4-star, he only works with a very select group but I might argue that he could be part of one of the best all 4-star team he is pointless with 5's.  (Now this is all theoretical on my part I have a way to go to finish him)  
  • Dormammu
    Why are people continuing to rate Iron Spider by how good he is on a 5-star team? Judge him at his tier.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5
    Dormammu said:
    Why are people continuing to rate Iron Spider by how good he is on a 5-star team? Judge him at his tier.
    Second ^.  Without vaulting this is all academic/hypothetical.  It'll be a while until non-whales champ him.  All the new 4* will suffer from these type of debates until ppl actually are using them.  The whales that do champ them early, aren't in the 4* tier anyways.

For example, on paper Blonde Widow looks horrible to me, but one of the last few events where she was part of the enemy team (forgot which event), that team was giving me a hard time.  WIthout ppl experimenting with the characters, there are very few new characters that are straight out trash.  I think Iron Spidey will be awesome, if I ever get enough covers  :/
  • Jaedenkaal
    Dormammu said:
    Saying Iron Spider is bad because he doesn't go well with 5-stars is like saying Vision is bad because he doesn't play well with 4-stars. No, Vision is just bad. So is Iron Spider. Characters that need to tank their colors in order to be effective have never worked very well in this game.

If they're going to continue to put these types of mechanics in, the characters should be more Rogue-like. A tank can't be a tank unless they can force the enemy to pay attention to them.
    Well that's not totally fair. Spider-Man does have another way to get Web tiles on the board, to then consume to take less damage. Other characters can even put them there for him (even on the other team). And there are more ways than ever these days for a character not in the front to take damage

His Blue is, in a roundabout way, a lot like X-23's healing.

• Dormammu
    I consider X-23 to be a bad character, too.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Well I guess that’s fair.
  • hopper1979
    Even though that red is a monster I still think Gwen's attack at 6 ap a pop is not only quicker, but has a higher damage output.  I would remove Mies and put in somebody like Vulture to help board control and maximize Iron spiders passive every time vulture goes airborn.  Gwen will keep Ironspider healed up and between his green and Vulture's blue nothing should happen on the board. 

As a bunch of us have been saying do not pair him with a 5 and you should have a very solid team. :)