**** Spider-Man (Infinity War) ****

2»

Comments

• D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    5/3/5
    Dormammu said:
    I consider X-23 to be a bad character, too.
    Yet as bad as she is most of the times, there are some missions where no one stands like her. When boosted and in the correct set up she is a monster tank. I would welcome a change in her abilities, but don't think it will ever happen, except if an X-23 movie will come around. 

As for Infinity War Spider-Man, I think he's in the top half of the 4* tier. Granted when you start being a 5* transitioner, he won't be so much help, but as for a 3* or 4* player, he is very very good, because he can sustain himself in the battle (no other spider character required) and he is well balanced between offense and defense. 
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Thank you, I have been arguing he is way underrated.  The big knock against him, and it is valid, is he cannot be paired with 5's partially well.  I would still argue he is one of the best 1 on 1 character in the game and when paired with Miles you have two character with almost no upper limit to their damage.  I just wish I could get him covered. :)
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/3/5
    Thank you, I have been arguing he is way underrated.  The big knock against him, and it is valid, is he cannot be paired with 5's partially well.  I would still argue he is one of the best 1 on 1 character in the game and when paired with Miles you have two character with almost no upper limit to their damage.  I just wish I could get him covered. :)
    Totally agree with him being underrated.  Just waiting on one more red or green cover.  Somehow all the events with him as a prize kept giving me blue covers.  

As for best 1 on 1, he's up there but I would argue against him being the top dog.  Any stunner can take him down as long as you deny him red.  
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Waddles_Pines said:  

As for best 1 on 1, he's up there but I would argue against him being the top dog.  Any stunner can take him down as long as you deny him red.  
    I think that's true of pretty much every 4*.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    One of the best :)  Ignoring 5's, I still might put Electra, Gamora and Vulture above him but you got to remember if you deny stun most of the stunners are not good in 1 v 1 either.  Regardless he is better than he is given credit for and he suffers from the existence of 5's more than a lot of characters.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I was pleasantly surprised using him in his featured PvP. I also enjoyed him in the boss event with miles and gwen. Mine isn’t champed so he needed to be boosted to tank his colours but when he did... oh boy! Webs, webs and more webs. 

For me it’s a shame he came so late to the party. It’s unlikely he’ll ever make it to as high a level as either miles or gwen so he’ll tank fewer colours and generate fewer webs. If I could reliably get him to tank I think he would be in much more regular rotation.