Yellow/Loan nodes: How many times do you clear them?

13»

Comments

• rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    6 clears-Will get all rewards for this node
    I think the suggestion that was made to clear the node once for points and rewards and then leave it open for no points/no rewards for people who want to play with the loaner was a great idea.
  • Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    I usually do the 5th & 6th clear after the grind is finished.

2 lots of 100 Iso is small change, but while there are rewards to be won, there is a chance for a Shield Intercept to appear. When it does, it makes the 0 points gained from the fight worth it, for me atleast.
  • Erunner1201
    Erunner1201 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    4 clear (optimal)
    Option 2 makes the most sense.  Eliminate more of the the grind for better quality of life.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    4 clear (optimal)
    Options 2 makes the most sense.  

This node has 640 Iso and a Standard token. What if you just made this node a 750 Iso node and that’s it.
  • furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    1 clear
    Usually once MAYBE twice, the points are too low and fights take too long to make it worth it. 
  • y4747
    y4747 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2018
    4 clear (optimal)
    Brigby said:
    So it seems so far like the primary concern is the lack of synergy / being disadvantaged against the enemy team.

Just to cover all the bases, let's say hypothetically that only one of the two elements of this issue can be alleviated. Which scenario would players prefer:
    1. Join Forces teams always have synergy/are advantageous against the enemy team, but the number of clears that award points remains the same.
    2. Join Forces teams may not necessarily have synergy, but only 1 clear is required before the point value drops to 0.
    oh gods yes. if you are starting out and don't have every character, they can be a fun way to use them, but once is enough.... sometimes the boosted characters + enemies mix make them hellish.

i'll prefer #2, but both options are vastly superior to current situation. its when both don't exist (terrible slog match + 4 clears to not lose placement) that make it bad.

• Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    4 clear (optimal)
    I put 4, but on reflection it's 4 or 1. 4 if I'm going for placement, 1 if I don't care about placement. Certainly not hitting them more than that for 100 iso or a standard token, etc.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2018
    1 clear
    Once. The loaner team always sucks and I can't stand the slog. Honestly, I would absolutely be delighted if they would just do away with them.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Its probably shorter to do 1 match with bad synergy than 3 matches that are fun balanced.  But the difference is that its just more fun to play a balanced team.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    1 clear
    Just the one to unlock everything. I used to 6-clear them when I was going for full covers on a release event, but I haven't cared enough about a new character to do that since Rogue came out.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    2 clears
    I like doing them once.  The main problem for me is the immediately triggered 24 hour cooldown and the insignificant rewards.  I'll do the node a second time if I'm enjoying the game and running low on targets, but that's about it.  Honestly, I don't usually play enough to be running low on targets, so one clear is a tempting answer, but I'll stick with 2 clears for the poll.  I suppose I've done three or four clears often enough to make 2 a good answer on average.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    1 clear
    I usually only clear it once. I would only clear it more than once if I was absolutely desperate for points. I agree that these yellow nodes should be one clear only.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    1 clear
    Option 2.

I treat them as a simple node to unlock the rest of the actual PvE.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    4 clear (optimal)
    This is the perfect event NOT to grind these loaner nodes. They are just terrible. 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I clear them 4 times as soon as the event starts. Then I do a 5th clear about 6 hours in, and the final clear in the last few minutes of the sub. That way all clears are worth an OK amount of points. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    4 clear (optimal)
    Always at least 4.  If I time clear wrong and have time left I'll get the extra rewards.
  • Nick441234
    OJSP said:
    I clear them 4 times as soon as the event starts. Then I do a 5th clear about 6 hours in, and the final clear in the last few minutes of the sub. That way all clears are worth an OK amount of points. 
    I actually want to know a bit more about this.. After the 3rd clear, the node would be worth 0. So, the 4th clear would be worth 0 wouldn’t it? Not just that, it takes 24 hours for the node to recover 1/3 of the full points, so I wonder how the timer calculates the refresh rate for the 5th and 6th clears? Shouldn’t the node still be worth 0 until the end of the sub?
    You're right, the 4th clear is worth around 3 points. However, the 5th usually ends up being worth double digits and the 6th usually ends up being worth between 70-80. It at least stops me feeling like I'm clearing for 0 points, that way. 
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    1 clear
    Let's run some numbers: Assuming the node is worth 200 initially, each clear will reduce the available points by 66.66, and it would regain 2.75 points an hour.
    Using @Nick441234's method (assuming he takes an hour to clear all the other nodes 4 times between his 1st and 2nd time on the loaner):
    Clear 1 = 200
    Clear 2 = 136 (200-66.66+2.75)
    Clear 3 = 69 (136-66.66)
    Clear 4 = 3 (69-66.66)
          Wait 6 hours
    Clear 5 = 17 (2.75 * 6)
          Wait until last possible minute in sub
    Clear 6 = 45
    Total = 470

Using the clear once then come back at the end and grind to zero method:
    Clear 1 = 200
           Wait until the end of the sub
    Clear 2 = 197
    Clear 3 = 130
    Clear 4 = 64
    Clear 5 = 0
    Clear 6 = 0
    Total = 591

So @Nick441234 's method may make all 6 clears worth something, but it definitely cuts down on the total possible points. 

• Nick441234
    Interesting to know, but I'd rather pick up something from the 5th and 6th clears than get nothing. I like to gain all the rewards and playing for 0 points would just bug me. 
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    4 clear (optimal)
    The ones that are only there for the sub, they generally aren't worth anything after you hit them that 4th time. Since the team synergy is usually abysmal if existent at all, I don't consider the effort-reward ratio worth it most of the time for those last 2 rewards. 

The ones that stay for the whole event, I get at many optimal clears as I can before the event ends. So usually I'll have hit the node optimally 3-4 times, and then grind those last 2 for what points i can get from it.