Yellow/Loan nodes: How many times do you clear them?

The rockett
The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
One thing that would be nice for pve, is these Yellow/Loaner nodes, to make them 1/1 nodes that lock. When you have to, grinding these loaner nodes is very tedious.   

Now each pve is different and sometimes you have to clear the yellow node on the main page to unlock the sub.  I am not talking about these Yellow/Loaner nodes.  I am talking about ones that disappear after each sub, like out current PVE. 

So the question is, when a Yellow/Loaner node disappears with each sub, how many times do you clear it?   These are 6/6 nodes. 

Yellow/Loan nodes: How many times do you clear them? 132 votes

1 clear
32%
KolenceBryan LambertJexmanNabistayTiggidasnlf25Stax the FoyerZootSaxCT1888Blindman13Arctic_Oneudonomefoordvargas1MoosePrimeKrongleTony_Footroderic1Jarvindmaguirenumber6JohnnyBlood 43 votes
2 clears
6%
afsplatSpiritclawejmusjayx_2Monsoon3jameshPolly_P1General_Tojo 8 votes
3 clears
3%
LambadaDaveevade420MushroomGenius808Ares76Sagetopian 5 votes
4 clear (optimal)
37%
Dragon_NexusYasurusinnerjflColognoisseurHadronicrbdragonPunter1Kojubatdr tinykittylovechris0001ZeroKarmaLystrataGrizz875steakleatherstochasticismgravely4747BasepuzzlerPolarPopBearOver__Flow 49 votes
5 clears
0%
6 clears-Will get all rewards for this node
14%
TwystarixmithhangeabmorazfrachrjreddNick441234CPD01QubortSim MayorFreelancerBubba3210BlackWidowerZifnab0KahmonBigSoftieFFkk3thessScofiespiritfist_MB 19 votes
More than 6
2%
acescrackedbeyonderbubShintok17 3 votes
Other (explain below)
3%
xKOBALTxPunisher5784JackTenrecPants1000Ptahhotep 5 votes

Comments

• madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    4 clear (optimal)
    Yeah, I agree, these nodes should be converted to single clear. For now I do 4 clears for optimal. Maybe a 5th if I am done with the sub clears and have time
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    4 clear (optimal)
    Here is the breakdown of points if doing optimal
    1st clear to open-200
    wait until grind
    2nd. 198/199
    3rd. 131/132
    4th. 64/65
    5th. 1
    6th. 0
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    1 clear

If they are on the same "page" as the sub-nodes, I will clear them 4 times if they aren't too tedious. If they are annoying, I'll stick to once. I don't play for placement, so who needs the hassle?

If they are on the "main page" of the event, I invariably forget they exist and do it once.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    4/4 or 6/6 depending on whether I have enough time left. I think those loaner nodes are meant for newer players to test out the full potential of each character?
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,529 Chairperson of the Boards
    4 clear (optimal)
    4/4 or 6/6 depending on whether I have enough time left. I think those loaner nodes are meant for newer players to test out the full potential of each character?

Indeed they're great for new players: I remember my first Hearts of Darkness and being mightily impressed by the loaner version of XFWolverine, Ghost Rider and Prof X: they seemed like gods compared to my 1* and 2*!
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    4 clear (optimal)
    It depends to be honest. Sometimes the yellow node stays for an entire event. Sometimes there is a yellow node for each sub. Sometimes the yellow node is on the sub page. Sometimes the yellow node is on the main page.

There is a discussion every event regarding the yellow node and whether it needs to be cleared 3 times this grind or only once. And everyone I know has been tripped up once or twice for placement because of hitting it too much or too little.

How about we standardize it! Keep the clears for all rewards at 6, but the points never change (7th clear worth 0 forever) and you can hit it whenever you want? I would just like it to be the same every event to take out the guessing. 
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Other (explain below)
    It depends entirely on how annoying the node is.  If I'm chasing placement, I'll do 4 optimal clears, but the instant I finished the Nico/Royal Shield hazard node in the latest FfW, I was capital D Done.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    6 clears-Will get all rewards for this node
    Usually I grind them down for the ISO. My timing on my final clears is never very precise, so I usually have a few minutes left over to do the extra grind for the 200 ISO. 

But I would be very happy if they changed to be 1/1 because they are often very annoying.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    1 clear
    Even on release events, I tend to forget about them or not care.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor
    1 clear
    I don't think they should lock them, the nodes give players a chance to play with characters they don't have.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    4 clear (optimal)
    One thing that would be nice for pve, is these Yellow/Loaner nodes, to make them 1/1 nodes that lock. When you have to, grinding these loaner nodes is very tedious.

Fixed for you!

This syncs up with a couple of "easy" changes I think need to be made and have been mentioned recently.

Boost list and Feature list should be curated and not just based on time.  The Boost list needs to be tweaked and reset to provide some good and interesting combos.  Similarly with the Feature list, the 4* can rotate in, but the 3* and 2* should be chosen to fit well.  The 3*s possibly need some level of timing but you could still make the yellow node much better with good team choice.

Also while I'm here - the PVE nodes should be all lined up neatly and not thrown at the screen in a crazy jumble!

• LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    4 clear (optimal)
    Time is money in pve and I cannot afford hitting a node worth no value points-wise during final grind, and I don’t want to hit the node early to get the iso over points.
  • xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Other (explain below)
    Base-line I do 4 (optimal), but if I find myself with a couple extra minutes at the end of a sub/event and they aren't a pain I'll clear the last couple of times for the rewards. Probably more often optimal than not.

I would be totally down for all them being one and done as you said.
  • Erunner1201
    Erunner1201 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    4 clear (optimal)
    Punter1 said:

Also while I'm here - the PVE nodes should be all lined up neatly and not thrown at the screen in a crazy jumble!

Agree with both of these points.  No sense in grinding a loaner node especially when there is no synergy between the characters.

And better line up will help for faster clears.  I think there are some pves where the nodes are really close together and sometimes you click on the wrong node to complete.  
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Other (explain below)
    Depends.  If I’m worried about placement I’ll do 4 clears.  If it’s an annoying node and it won’t affect my placement I only do it once or twice.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    4 clear (optimal)
    1 clear a day, unless it disappears as a sub event ends, in which case it's one clear to start, then 3 clears before the sub event ends.

Either way, it's 3 clears before the node goes away.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    A slight clarification:

The argument for the current setup from D3/Demiurge's perspective, is that it shows off characters at a full build for players that don't have it. Entice them to work/buy their way to it.

The change should be to make it 1/1 with a better reward, and worth 0 points after the first clear and remain open for fooling around, instead of red checkmarked.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Other (explain below)
    If it’s a main page one that stays open I clear it each day when it is fully recharged (if I remember). Otherwise just once.