Wakanda Supports Are Coming! *Updated (5/17/18)

1234568»

Comments

• Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    In your opinion, how does a support vault that isn't awful look like? 
    40 item vault, 1 master token, 3 advanced tokens, red iso and beginner support tokens filling the rest.  Make the cost 1800/5600 like the Okoye vault
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    It has, you know... support tokens.

280 item vault promoting new supports with... 20 Support tokens???
     :open_mouth:

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let’s look at %

In the Vibranium vault, 20/280 is 7% chance of a support token
    In a normal PVE vault, 3/80 Supports (all Beginner) is 3.75%
    One LT and 3 4’s is 4/80 or 5%

Compared to current availability this seems OK. Whether that’s overall a good distribution model is a different story (I think they should be available in progression somewhere, for starters).
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    A support vault with a better chance of actually earning a support token.
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker

It would have far more Support tokens and Red Iso.  It wouldn't have any 2* characters, which cannot use either Supports or Red Iso.  They can put some jokers like 10 HP or 100 Iso in there if they want to be discouraging.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Should they make it a 21, 40, 41, 47, 80, 81, 280 or 300 items Support vault? Do you think there's a better amount?

They did give a better chance of getting support this time: approximately twice the number of supports previously to the last vault. 

It would be helpful to be specific. 

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Should they make it a 21, 40, 41, 47, 80, 81, 280 or 300 items Support vault? Do you think there's a better amount?

They did give a better chance of getting support this time: approximately twice the number of supports previously to the last vault. 

It would be helpful to be specific. 

Personally, if they want to make a vault for support releases, I think it should be composed either primarily or exclusively support-related items (I wouldn't include any covers--even Legendary tokens).  I would make it either 41 or 81, with one free token (primarily to show players who don't follow the forums/Discord/Reddit/etc that it's there).  The low prizes can still be nominal Red-Iso and it wouldn't bother me; it's still support content and not every prize in a vault can be good from a business standpoint.    For each day the vault is open, players would receive a Beginner token with the new support's release odds.  That get's more supports "in the wild", but still doesn't allow for free high level supports, which they don't seem to want at all.

For the new-release support bundles, they should always have a 3* & 5* option (and, preferably, an additional 4* option in the middle), with the exact prices and additional support levels up for debate.  The fresh-out-of-the-package supports are most valuable to someone with a developing 3* roster, so why not encourage them to go all-in on supports by helping them with the 2-3 transition as well?  The 3* bundle also allows higher players to test the waters without needing to sacrifice additional resources for covers they may or may not need.  A 5* bundle would allow 5* players a better chance to get 4* & 5* supports which would be more meaningful to their level of play in addition to a regular 5* cover.  Having two 4* bundles just seems like an odd choice for the Wakanda supports, particularly as one of them has a synergy perk with 5* BP.   

• HoundofShadow
    Almost all the vaults in this game have 2 stars that take up between 30% to 60% of the vault. Most of the time it's ~57%. I believe they cater a portion of the vault to newer players so that they won't feel neglected.

This vault is opened by players of all levels, so removing all 2* is not ideal. The dev created DDQ to also help players transition to 3* land. 

I do agree that a 3* bundle is great. However, if it's going to cost 3400HP like the first 3* Dr Strange deal, I doubt most of the 3* players who are not whaler would spend it on the HfH bundle. I prefer it to be a CP deal for 3* though. 

In the last HfH, they did have a 5* for 450CP, with Master Token. I almost took it but figured that Thanos would be a dead weight in my roster for a long time.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    The daily free tokens gave me TWO Advanced tokens. Both were dupe normal supports, so I still have no Wakanda supports. :)
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Day 3 actually brought me a Support token. To say I was shocked would be an understatement. A 2* flying jet one (I forget which). 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    The reason that the vault and tokens and everything have a much higher % of getting a meh prize than a great prize is simple.  Pulling the thing you want when it’s unlikley feels better and more like an accomplishment than if you can just do it.

You can look at a bunch of 2*s as “new player friendly” but it’s just how they keep you motivated. If you get a Support token and the rest are 2’s it (in theory) feels like you did pretty well and won something.

You know what would be nice?  Details about whether we are getting a free Support token or not on one of the remaining days. But I suppose if we were getting one or two and knew, that might disincentivize spending.

My meh pulls of the day aren’t even worth listing.  Some iso I think?  I’ll always take more iso.
  • ZootSax
    Almost all the vaults in this game have 2 stars that take up between 30% to 60% of the vault. Most of the time it's ~57%. I believe they cater a portion of the vault to newer players so that they won't feel neglected.

This vault is opened by players of all levels, so removing all 2* is not ideal. The dev created DDQ to also help players transition to 3* land. 
    It’s a vault specifically to promote supports, not a typical vault.  Consider this: the vault I proposed would allow a player the covers to fully cover, the ISO-8 to fully level & champion and the even additional covers to max-champion every single 2* which can equip supports.  How much more 2* friendly could I have made it?

Seriously, supports are not at all a 2* feature, so why argue it should be mostly a 2* vault?  I honestly don’t understand your position here and I don’t think I’m being needlessly negative either...
  • HoundofShadow
    I saw your suggestion. You mentioned making it a 41 or 81 vault. Inside the vault, it contains only Support Tokens and Red Iso-8. Then, every player get a free token vault. Assuming that it's a 81 vault, how many Support Tokens do you think is appropriate in that vault?

Since support came out, the devs have given all players a total of 7 Beginner Support Tokens, and 2 Advanced Support Tokens. This is not including the 4 Supports given out to all players who have a 3* character. Most players would have between 4 to 13 supports by now. We have another 2 days to go and maybe they would give every player Beginner or Advanced support tokens again.
  • ZootSax
    I saw your suggestion. You mentioned making it a 41 or 81 vault. Inside the vault, it contains only Support Tokens and Red Iso-8. Then, every player get a free token vault. Assuming that it's a 81 vault, how many Support Tokens do you think is appropriate in that vault?
    I’d follow the rule of thumb from Heroic token odds, using 2* odds for Red ISO, 3* odds for Beginner Tokens and 4* odds for higher Tokens.  For a 41 item vault that would be 27 Red ISO, 10 Beginner Tokens and 4 Advanced/Master Tokens.  For the 81 item vault, it becomes 54, 20 and 7, respectively.

With these odds, a player has a roughly 98% chance of getting at least one token from a 10 pack.  These would almost certainly be one-time vaults to avoid people whaling them, but it still expands availability for use without being unreasonably player-friendly.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    My daily gift pulls:

Day 1: 
    Two 2* covers and 1,500 ISO.
    Day 2: One 2* cover, 5,000 ISO, 1,000 ISO.
    Day 3: Two 2* covers, 3* Star-Lord.
    Day 4: 1* Ebony Maw, 1* Cull Obsidian (both duplicates.)
    Day 5: TBD
  • HoundofShadow
    Got a Rank 2 Vibranium Ore and Rank 3 Quinjet from the support tokens. I'm lacking Shuri's Lab now.
  • LeaveMyCookies
    LeaveMyCookies Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Got 1* Avengers tower and 1* Shield. Oh boy, I'm excited
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow, today's tokens gave me the two Wakanda supports that I cared about (1* Shuri's Lab and 2* Kimoyo Beads).