Wakanda Supports Are Coming! *Updated (5/17/18)

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    They are not getting my money for supports, but I will gladly pay everything I’ve spent on this game in one lump sum all over again to see video streaming of the team meetings on supports.

I would love to see what parts of this they think is working?

Even with wins pvp there were arguments for it, but this is barely getting any defence to the point the logic behind the decisions being made would be interesting to see. 600k to max one out, best source of riso is a duplicate but make the tokens as easy to obtain as the holy grail. Then flood and dilute within weeks.

There must be something we are all missing.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    If all the infinity stones are available in the store, would anyone buy the deal? 
    If it was a 5* I might. Anything less is worthless because how will you ever upgrade it?
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    I'm sorry , I'm sorry it's my fault!
    I paid money for that last awful Peggy HfH. I REALLY like her and it let me champ her....I'm so sorry though.
    In hindsight I would gladly burn another 4 red covers for her then have their metrics reflect the perceived Master Support Token valuation. Ludicrously overvalued.  

These vaults suck, the rice included is a slap in the face+ an eye gouge followed by a swift kick to the area that a swimsuit covers. BOOOOO!

Supports,themselves, are awesome! They do have an effect right now. If you won't look at them and see the huge upside then your doing it only to feel self entitled indignity. Tinykitty crybabies! Just wait til the nerf threads migrate to GD.
    The travesty is the amount of red you can mine. making any positive feature negligible to the crushing amount it takes to level. 

#ricefamine #strikeforcerebelion

• Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    Phumade said:
    more importantly once these vaults expire.  will these wakanda supports ever be offered again?

We still have not heard if the children of thanos supports are now officially retired and never to be sold again?
    Yesterday I bought a 10 pack from that vibranium vault, got 1 support token and it was one of the children
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    I received three free tokens to the 280 item vault today.  Two 2* covers, and a basic support token that turned into a Rank 2 Quinjet.  Not too bad for a freebie.  Not really encouraging me to buy more tokens.

Along with the progression cover, the Shuri H4H offer would let me champ her.  I've got a red cover on the vine, so I wonder if I'll get offered a 3200 HP offer with useful iso while the supports offer is available?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are the three free tokens given to every players?
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    3 free tokens today. 3 2*s. Great. 
  • HoundofShadow
    edited May 2018
    The odds of getting 2* is 57%, and 7.14% for any one support tokens. Be realistic and expect 2* instead of support or even LT tokens. The good thing about vault is the odds of getting other items increased. I've got 3 2* as well. So the odds of getting 2* is 56.7% and 7.22% for any one support tokens.
  • Nick441234
    These vaults should be more weighted towards earning support tokens though. If they want us to actually experience supports, they should give us a chance to earn them! 
  • HoundofShadow
    They did give you 20/280 chance to earn them...   :D 
  • Nick441234
    Yes, I know. Having played this game for over 3 years now, I know how tight they are, so I know they will consider that generous, too. 
  • HoundofShadow
    edited May 2018
    This is actually an improvement over the last vault: Balance the Universe.

The odd of 2* was 57% and 3.67% for  any one support token. It was a 300 items vault. So, it's almost a 49% increment. It's not a lot but it's still an improvement.

Anyway, the strategy is to max out support 23/23 and any subsequent token would mostly become Red ISO-8.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    20/280 is like a 7.14% chance of pulling a Support. In a standard vault we have a 3/80 chance at a basic token which is 3.75%.

So these odds are twice the normal odds for Supports. There are just a lot more ways to miss in this vault.

Also:  thanks for the free tokens!  Will there be more?  Will we get a Support token or two again?
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    For my 3 free Pure Vibranium Vault Tokens I got two 2*'s and a 25 Red ISO. What I expected from a 2* dominated vault. Meh. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    ...five brand new Wakanda Supports are coming to Marvel Puzzle Quest, highlighting some of the iconic elements of Wakanda and Black Panther!

Just got my three Pure Vibranium tokens. There's nothing that makes me more excited about Supports, and celebrating the success of Black Panther, than three 2-star covers.

What a waste of a feature this is.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    ...five brand new Wakanda Supports are coming to Marvel Puzzle Quest, highlighting some of the iconic elements of Wakanda and Black Panther!

Just got my three Pure Vibranium tokens. There's nothing that makes me more excited about Supports, and celebrating the success of Black Panther, than three 2-star covers.

Do you realize how silly that sounds?

Are you going to call the 5* tier of characters a waste if you don't pull an Okoye from a boss event LT?

Things are far from perfect, but this level of absurdism isn't helping anyone.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    JHawkInc said:
    Are you going to call the 5* tier of characters a waste if you don't pull an Okoye from a boss event LT?
    Why would I do that? I have 24 5-stars and my hoard will allow me to get Okoye without a problem. My 5-stars are of use to me and I have a direct and obtainable path to acquire and level them without having to spend absurd amounts of money.

None of that is true for supports.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did alright with the freebies: Red Iso, a Basic Support (2* Lucky), and a 3* Blade.
  • Nick441234
    JHawkInc said:
    Dormammu said:

Do you realize how silly that sounds?

Things are far from perfect, but this level of absurdism isn't helping anyone.
    Pulling an Okoye will be a hell of a lot easier than pulling a support token.