Update to Black Panther (King of Wakanda)'s Champion Rewards (4/23/18)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Following the daily patch on Wednesday (April 25th), we will be updating the Champion rewards for Black Panther (King of Wakanda). Six covers of Black Panther (Civil War) will be added to Black Panther (King of Wakanda)'s Champion rewards. 

The covers will be rewarded at the following Champion levels:
  • 280 -  Panther's Prey 
  • 300 - yellowtilepng Spirit of Wakanda 
  • 320 -  Move... Or Be Moved 
  • 340 -  Panther's Prey 
  • 350 - yellowtilepng Spirit of Wakanda 
  • 360 -  Move... Or Be Moved 
If you'd like the champion reward breakdown, check out the original announcement here: Updates to 4-Star Champion Rewards

Players will be able to earn additional covers of Black Panther (King of Wakanda) by placing well in the current run of Webbed Wonder, or through progression rewards during the Hearts of Darkness Story event that starts at 7am EDT on April 26th.

Comments

• veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Damn, i hope "add 5* to new ones, ignore old ones" is not becoming the new strategy.
    How about one latest, one classic, one latest, one classic etc.?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Season ends this weekend, next season starts the Thursday after that, normally these announcements would be made the week after that.

So we're two weeks early with a 4* Champ Rewards Update? And it's a spiffy new 4* (instead of making Hulkbuster give Iron Man Model XLVI or something like that). That's all sorts of exciting!

It's a shame I haven't actually champed the new Black Panther yet. On the one hand it's nice that more covers are coming for him, on the other it's a bummer that this means things will be a tad more competitive to get those covers. But I digress, this is great news all around, even if my personal circumstance doesn't let me capitalize on it quite yet.
  • Cormackie
    Cormackie Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Honestly prefer them being newer characters, I feel like it won't take me a year to get one 5* cover. I don't have BP champed yet, but when I do I know getting covers will be far more common than, say, the Kingpin whom I've had no covers for since his rewards were updated (after the event that gave them of course).
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Season ends this weekend, next season starts the Thursday after that, normally these announcements would be made the week after that.

So we're two weeks early with a 4* Champ Rewards Update? And it's a spiffy new 4* (instead of making Hulkbuster give Iron Man Model XLVI or something like that). That's all sorts of exciting!

It's a shame I haven't actually champed the new Black Panther yet. On the one hand it's nice that more covers are coming for him, on the other it's a bummer that this means things will be a tad more competitive to get those covers. But I digress, this is great news all around, even if my personal circumstance doesn't let me capitalize on it quite yet.
    Maybe since they figure this isn't going to flood the players with new BP5 covers they can announce another one much sooner.  I'd rather the feeders be older characters so I will actually get 5* covers, but oh well.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm glad to see the schedule for adding feeders is speeding up a little, but this one is.... extremely poorly thought out. I have a 287 BP so I'll get 1 cover, but why such a new 4*?
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Are you kidding me? A brand new 4star getting the change? After you already Drax'ed us on StarLord? 
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Cormackie said:
    Honestly prefer them being newer characters, I feel like it won't take me a year to get one 5* cover. 
    Interesting, for me, these things are in contradictory :D
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Orion said:
    JHawkInc said:

Maybe since they figure this isn't going to flood the players with new BP5 covers they can announce another one much sooner.  I'd rather the feeders be older characters so I will actually get 5* covers, but oh well.
    That's my guess, and my hope. Alternate between old and new (4*s), you can theoretically announce them closer together, with a smaller flood of 5* covers in that timeframe, which means we can get more feeders in the long run (and the faster we get to every 5* having a feeder, and the sooner we might get to a point of having multiple 4*s feed the same 5*).

I won't benefit from this particular update going live, but I can't see it as anything but a good thing for the long term.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Options
    This champion reward update seems contrary too this statement by @Demiurge_Will

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/784921/#Comment_784921

You've just pulled the rug out from practically everyone 
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    fmftint said:
    This champion reward update seems contrary too this statement by @Demiurge_Will

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/784921/#Comment_784921

You've just pulled the rug out from practically everyone 
    Thats about 3* rewards
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My 0/5/4 four star Panther weeps at this announcement.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why doesn't 3* black Panther give 4* black Panther ? 
    Yeah that would be a big help.
  • jdkrausey
    jdkrausey Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This update will actually help less than 1% of the player base. It just feels like the developers don’t care about players’ experience anymore. Pvp play is so horribly imbalanced and they do nothing to change it and instead give us this useless update, outclassed 5* releases, and useless supports. What a waste! I’m thoroughly bored and about to walk away. Literally nothing to look forward to other than hope they figure it out soon. 
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah, if this is a sign that you're going to speed up the volume of these updates, with a general overall balance between old and new 4*s, then great. But if it's just a sign that you're going to concentrate on updating the newer 4*s so that far fewer players can 'double-dip' the key rewards, then ugh.

My 4* Panther is 1/2/5, never mind hitting 280+, so this is unlikely to be of any use to me for eons.
  • chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Wow....was really hoping for Cap, Nat or IM link. Hopefully they do more for Infinty War release.
  • Beta-Ray Bill
    Beta-Ray Bill Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Huh... another blindside kick to the face with decision making I see
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I really don't get why 4*BP wasn't introduced with those 5* rewards in the rewards in stead of this rather quick update.

Having said that, how about them 3* rewards? Maybe they're ready for an update too? Have been for a looooong time in my opinion, looking at those duplicate 4* rewards on Colossus and 3* Wolvie for instance.