Update to Black Panther (King of Wakanda)'s Champion Rewards (4/23/18)

Options
13»

Comments

• Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thank you for more frequent feeder updates! That is the total of my opinion. Thank you! 
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Seriously not understanding these complaints.....most notably that Black Panther is a "newer 4 that most people won't have champed". Are you kidding me? He's been in tokens for almost 2 full seasons now, and I had him fully covered as of his first one...... I've even had time to sell covers 14-17, the only reason I hadn't champed him yet is because I was focusing on someone else. I'm definitely not a 5-star player, I am firmly in 4-star land like most of you and acquiring CP and tokens for pulls is FAR from an issue.  Individual luck with RnG aside, your personal issue of not having him champed yet is a time-sensitive matter. There's basically like 10 seasons left of him being in tokens, the notion of you being unable to cover him and pick up a fairly decent amount of champ levels for him is just flat-out preposterous. 

Definitely been quite some time since Gamora, Medusa, and Vulture starting giving out Thanos, Black Bolt, and Green Goblin, how many of those covers have you picked up from champ levels? Do tell! Black Panther has more time left in tokens than all three of these characters had left in tokens when these changes were announced combined. Yet, this is somehow bad for no reason I'm seeing here other than he's so "new". Quite a baffler this one is. 
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Seriously not understanding these complaints.....most notably that Black Panther is a "newer 4 that most people won't have champed". Are you kidding me? He's been in tokens for almost 2 full seasons now, and I had him fully covered as of his first one...... I've even had time to sell covers 14-17, the only reason I hadn't champed him yet is because I was focusing on someone else. I'm definitely not a 5-star player, I am firmly in 4-star land like most of you and acquiring CP and tokens for pulls is FAR from an issue.  Individual luck with RnG aside, your personal issue of not having him champed yet is a time-sensitive matter. There's basically like 10 seasons left of him being in tokens, the notion of you being unable to cover him and pick up a fairly decent amount of champ levels for him is just flat-out preposterous. 

Definitely been quite some time since Gamora, Medusa, and Vulture starting giving out Thanos, Black Bolt, and Green Goblin, how many of those covers have you picked up from champ levels? Do tell! Black Panther has more time left in tokens than all three of these characters had left in tokens when these changes were announced combined. Yet, this is somehow bad for no reason I'm seeing here other than he's so "new". Quite a baffler this one is. 
    Im perfectly happy with the extra feeder, whoever it is, but could understand people probably like to get LTs first and get (a couple) 5* when turned into feeder.

Mine is 279 now and surely hope to pull 1 more before his rewards change tomorrow, so i’ll get both a LT and BP cover for 280... 

Its no reason to get mad about extra 5*s, but maybe you less baffled... ;-)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They could do away with feeders and let players continue to try their luck with 20 or 25cp to get a Classic 5*, but now the players have a guaranteed way of getting 6 5* covers. What's there to complain? Because you can't get LT before 4* BP feed 5* BP? Which path is longer to getting a classic 5* cover? Randomly trying your luck at Classic or Latest Token or having a feeder guarantee you a cover?

It's a bit shortsighted to jump to conclusion about whether they are going for latest 4* to feed 5*. Think logically. Previously, the developers were blasted for making "illogical" choice to feed 5*. Shuri and Black Panther are the only logical choice now. All the other existing 4* have no link to Black Panther unless you insist on linking them with characters from Avengers' movies.

If we have 2 3* feeding 4*, the possibilities of 2 4* feeding 5* is there. Currently, the ratio of 4* to 5* is approximately 3:1. Plenty of opportunities. 
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Options
    4* BP is at 281, 5* BP is at 3/4/5. Guess I'll be champing 5* BP tomorrow :).
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There's a 4 star Black Panther?  
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Its been implemented
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So exciting,  I totally missed this , I’m about to enter the 5* bracket and this is one of the only characters I’ve yet to champ, ah well at least I’ve something to look forward to but would be nice if you picked one I have 300 + on!