Update to Black Panther (King of Wakanda)'s Champion Rewards (4/23/18)

Options

Comments

• LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just doing a quick scan of some of the biggest whale rosters, I found a 342 BP.  Even the mega rosters aren’t going to get a huge bump on this one.  Throughly disappointing and again rather tone deaf.  This doesn’t seem to actual have a direct benefit to any group.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just doing a quick scan of some of the biggest whale rosters, I found a 342 BP.  Even the mega rosters aren’t going to get a huge bump on this one.  Throughly disappointing and again rather tone deaf.  This doesn’t seem to actual have a direct benefit to any group.
    Usually we get a feeder every 4 weeks, now it has only been 2 weeks. Not very dissapointing at all, if this is the new standard..
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Updating brand new 4s to be feeders at a faster pace versus the previous model is disappointing if the plan.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Options
    My 4anther is a measly 1/3/5 and my 5anther is an even more pathetic 0/4/0...least they're updating rewards faster so can't complain there.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Orion said:
    Well that's underwhelming.  A logical choice, but a 4* so new that most people don't even have him champed, let alone at 280 to give any BP5 covers.  Mine is at 274, and that's probably higher than most.
    Personally I’m glad to see this. This gives people who want him more a chance to pull hoards while they are still in latest. He’s still early in his latest run so it should be easier to get him higher if you want to vs the argutious climb to gain Vintage 4*s. 

Mine me is at 271 which is good. My 13 5* BP isn’t champed and I don’t have the spare ISO to champ him yet. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Options
    mega ghost sums up nicely what's wrong with some of the players. Whatever feeders that D3 update is poor choice. And I think they might not pleased with not getting double rewards (LT + 5 covers) as well. If you are always unhappy with the decisions made, then isn't it time to apply for a job at D3, Demiurge or Marvel  to show how capable you are?

Look, there are 24 5* now:

1. ArchAngel
    2. Black Bolt - Medusa, 28/11/17
    3. Black Panther - Black Panther, 25/04/18
    4. Black Widow
    5. Captain America (First Avenger)
    6. Captain America (Infinity War)
    7. Daredevil - Kingpin, 17/01/18
    8. Dr. Octopus
    9. Dr. Strange
    10. Gambit
    11. Ghost Rider
    12. Green Goblin -Sandman, 20/12/17
    13. Hawkeye - Kate Bishop, 14/02/18
    14. Iron Man
    15. Jean Grey
    16. Jessica Jones
    17. Silver Surfer
    18. Spiderman (Back in Black)
    19. Spiderman (Peter Parker) - Vulture, 20/11/17
    20. Star-Lord - Drax, 14/03/18
    21. Thanos - Gamora, 30/11/17
    22. The Hulk
    23. Thor
    24. Wolverine - X-Force 11/04/18

Of the remaining 5*, the only 5* that are more useful are: Dr. Strange, Gambit and Thor. The rest are considered bottom tier or still in Latest. Black Panther is considered to be the top tier. Besides Shuri or Black Panther, I'm not sure who else is a logical choice.

Maybe the developers should just stop feeders for 5* from now onwards and let the players spend 20 or 25 cp to have a chance of getting classic 5* instead?
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I would have preferred Thoress giving Gthor but at least BP giving BP  is a good match.
    Time to revisit some 3* rewards too 
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Indeed a nice move to change the champion rewards of a 4* character which is still so new that he hasn´t been championed yet by most of us players.

Why didn´t you change the rewards of Hulkbuster (to IM47), Jean Grey (to Pheonix), Mordo (to Dr. Strange), Carnage (to Dr. Octopus), Agent Coulson (to Black Widow), Thor (to Thor) or Sam Wilson (to Captain America) instead? 
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 4* 0-2-2 Black Panther is enjoying this change. I have now a clear path to covering my 1-2-1 5* Panther. I just need 59 covers (and still won't have the 5*BP covered). QoL update to the game, no doubt.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Indeed a nice move to change the champion rewards of a 4* character which is still so new that he hasn´t been championed yet by most of us players.

Why didn´t you change the rewards of Hulkbuster (to IM47), Jean Grey (to Pheonix), Mordo (to Dr. Strange), Carnage (to Dr. Octopus), Agent Coulson (to Black Widow), Thor (to Thor) or Sam Wilson (to Captain America) instead? 
    Because they don't want to give too many free covers to players
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I don't really see why everybody is mad at every single change to this...in a year's time this is just going to be the status quo that BP feeds BP. It's very short sighted to assume that D3/Demi are going to make long term balance decisions because of the state of any current segment of the player base's current roster or iso collection. From my perspective, just rolling out the champ list in its entirety all at once rips the bandaid off the complaining about how much iso you personally have or don't have, then we never have to hear about it again. Doing it this way means that every announcement, no matter how logical or long-term beneficial, gets met with "UGH." 

Personally, If there were a case to be made for double feeders, I think it's in the 4* to 5* transition. I think Shuri and BP should be giving out 5* Panther. Elektr4 and Kingpin should be giving out DD5 etc. That would go a long way towards combating the Classic Legends store dilution if it were possible to grow 12 covers out of a pair of feeders over time, rather than just 6.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Of the remaining 5*, the only 5* that are more useful are: Dr. Strange, Gambit and Thor. The rest are considered bottom tier or still in Latest. Black Panther is considered to be the top tier. Besides Shuri or Black Panther, I'm not sure who else is a logical choice.
    Mr. Fantastic would give symmetry, but I agree that from a logical standpoint he's a poor choice.

Despite the fact that my 4* Panther is currently 1/5/5, I approve - I'm glad they've thrown in an extra 4* Feeder this month.  Even if this isn't a regular thing, it still inches us close to having 4* feeders for every 5*...
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    That's great! Now, how about revisiting those 3* rewards? I'm pretty sure Gamora and Grocket don't feel happy about giving other character's cover. And Jean, X-23 and Wolverine don't need two feeders each.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Who is this guy? I don't even remember him coming out. Is it a recent one?
  • smkspy
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I definitely understand the frustration. The choices, while they may make sense, are lately feeling like an attempt at a new version of shield training.

The previous choices just felt like the devs were trying to give us a leg up on adding a few covers to fives to help us cover them a bit faster by picking popular 4s. Now we're getting d-lister 4s and with panther a latest release, which are the least likely to be champed by many and way for them to avoid retroactive rewards. 

When I think how long it will take to get panther to even 300, just feels like this band-aid method for getting 5s is starting to peel off.

Nevertheless, every new feeder (and upped schedule) is welcomed even if a particular ones doesn't directly benefit me.
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Now all we need is for Okoye to be a 3* to give us 4* Panther cover rewards and we're good to go!
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Over half of the 5* feeders were announced when the 4* was a Latest Twelve. And the previous feeder is literally the oldest 4* in the game.

I think it is okay to have this feeder be such a new Latest considering both of those facts, IF it is a one-off. If they start announcing other feeders this new, then I might complain.
  • smkspy
    Options
    Kraven...bssm feeder.