Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seeing that Tapping is dead.  What a great day. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I decided to tackle the opening rounds of the Thanos boss flight like I have all recent boss fights: with only Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  I had to re-spec Coulson to 5/5/3 and give Mockingbird the Sharon Carter support just to allow this to happen:
    Turn 1: match the blue stone (gain 30 yellow AP)
    Turn 2: fire “Call the Cavalry” twice

Thanos was instantly facing twelve S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents—Phil Coulson, Bobbi Morse, Daisy Johnson, Sharon Carter, 4x Commander, 2x Sniper and 2x Spy!  That’s a new personal record! :) One of the snipers even hit the killing blow.  Fortunately I also gave Daisy the Quinjet support so they had a ride home afterwards.

Was it all stupid and pointless—yes, sure, but...what were we talking about again :)
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    I decided to tackle the opening rounds of the Thanos boss flight like I have all recent boss fights: with only Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
    Reminds me of a team I saw in Sim last night: Coulson, Mockingbird, Thanos. All I could think was "Thanos, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D."!
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    I decided to tackle the opening rounds of the Thanos boss flight like I have all recent boss fights: with only Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
    Reminds me of a team I saw in Sim last night: Coulson, Mockingbird, Thanos. All I could think was "Thanos, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D."!
    After the Infinity War saga ends, the MCU can makes it’s own version of “It Takes a Thief” with Thanos, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.  I’m not even sure it would be their craziest idea...
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A Bagman dropped for me today in Eye for an Eye.

That's all.  o:)
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got the (badly needed) red Spider-Woman cover in my Taco Vault on my second pull!
    I had 300 tokens for this vault, waiting so I could get the red cover for my 5/5/1 Spider Woman. I only had to reset the vault once to get it to show up, and I got it on about the 80th pull.  I reset the vault again, and another red showed up!  So far, though, I've pulled 214 tokens so far, and that Spider Woman Red is still staring at me.  On the bright side, my health pack stash is up to 158 AND I've pulled a combined 9 Ragnarok covers from the two vaults. :neutral:
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Well fam, it's been a long 2 weeks, but I managed to take 2 4* characters from 0-Hero before their covers expired on the vine. I got a Mockingbird and MEHulk 14th cover on the same day, and the race was on. I went with Mockingbird first, got it done right around the mid point, and then I switched gears to Hulk. I turned over almost my entire 2* roster to do it, leaving me with 5 2* champs (one being Bagman) to do DDQ for the next little bit. I cleared out around 10k worth of vined 2* covers waiting for rechamps (plus an unusable red Ghost 4ider (2/6/2) there was no hope of saving and a yellow Flaptain (6/4/1)) I went up 2 shield ranks across that time, and I got 13th covers for Hulkbuster and Spider-Woman along the way, leaving me with the new choice between HB, Sandman, and Spider-Woman for my next 4* champ. But I also have Loki and Doom to champ with covers on the vine, and 3lektra at 13 covers, so I'm probably going to keep working on my 2*/3* situation until i get a 14th cover for somebody. I have 16 3* characters left to champ, so that will feel pretty good when it's done.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The death of tapping!
  • Vold
    Vold Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2018
    Options
    My MPQ moment at near midnight.

DD's spinning bird kick to victory

https://youtu.be/Mzij3n5ahF8
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Getting my 3* Cyclops to max-champ status in time for his PVP, netting the yellow 4* Cyclops cover I need to champ him, with a red 4* Cyclops cover from daily resupply on the vine. Just a bit more ISO to go. Sweet.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Using Hulkbuster in the Thanos node in Come and Get Me.  On the first turn, I matched the blue Infinity stone, and got 30 red AP.  710x30 damage = KABOOM!
  • Dormammu
    Options
    Join the 5* tier. Those three are replaced by Gambit, Black Bolt, and Thor
    So I've heard! I think I'll stay in the 4-star tier. It's fun down here.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Options
     Got a Valkyrie as a BH, so I'm back to having all the Latest 4*s available in tokens fully covered. Now to get the roughly 270K it will take to champ her, and I'll be able to say that for the first time I've got all the Latests champed .

EDIT: Well, I posted this too early. I decided to buy out the Steve Rogers vault (mostly for the ISO). First HT pull got me a champ level for America. I always smile when I get a 4* from an HT.

But it was the last Covert Ops token that was my best moment of the day, probably the month. Purple screen comes up... Hawkeye (please be blue, please be blue, please be blue)... BLUE!!! That's the first blue cover I have for him. He's now 4/1/1 after having been 4/0/1 ever since he fell into the abyss of Classics.

I wanted to pull more for him while he was in Latests, but just wasn't at that level yet as a player then was in full-on hoard mode. Plus his Latest partners ended up being 5tar-Lord and Doc Ock right before he rotated out. 
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pulled 3 tokens from Covert Ops store, and got no 5*s. However, I did end up with a usable Panther plus champ levels for Mockingbird, Spider-Gwen & bonus Nova, each of which awarded me LTs.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Really liking my new way of managing iso. 

I had a clear queue so I just started doing this thing where I don’t spend any iso until Sunday night each week (so I can track my weekly income). Even with hoarding everything but PVP tokens, I already have 3 Quakes and 5 3* Mags on the vine with his dupe needing to be champed to apply them. SHOULD be able to champ both Sunday night since I haven’t touched Sim yet (hopefully)

Normally I’d like to spread excess iso around my unchamped classics but a) I probably will have close to 0 iso b) I’ll need to Champ the Duck after getting f my 14th cover in Webbed Wonder next. Plus I have a few dupes 2s that may need to be rechamped as well. 
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yondu became 4* champ number 12 for me this morning. Guess I’ll be banking iSO now as nobody else is real close.
  • Dormammu
    Options
    Today my alliance hit the final progression reward :) so I cashed in my Covert Ops token. Got a Rogue champ level which triggered a bonus hero - my first Shuri green cover (she was 3/0/0). Then I hopped over to the taco vault to cash in my DDQ tokens for the day and scored my 7th Nico cover.

Some days RNG ain't so bad.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Woke up this morning to see my alliance had hit the final progression reward overnight - token was a purple Nick Fury, which gets him to a 3/5/5

and with the personal progression token, I got a Cap Beardyman red