MPQ Sneak Peek: March 2018 Edition *Updated (3/27/18)

Comments

• whoami
    whoami Posts: 74 Match Maker
    That’s what I thought at first, but seems odd to bring TA Hulk out of retirement otherwise. 
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nico and Rocket boosted.. oh boy.. should be interesting
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Now that you mention it, TA Hulk as a pvp reward is completely out of order since pvp goes in alphabetical order. After Gwenpool should be Iceman I think.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Medusa is next Crash. This is her first time right?

Wouldn't it be great if her opponent was Carnage?  o:)
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    It's not her first time. Last time she was against 3* Torch, I think.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    granne said:
    It's not her first time. Last time she was against 3* Torch, I think.
    Yes, correct, I just looked up the thread on her last clash
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't remember this Crash then. Still, it should be easy with a champed Medusa.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that you mention it, TA Hulk as a pvp reward is completely out of order since pvp goes in alphabetical order. After Gwenpool should be Iceman I think.
    I think they ignore the "The". So it's Gwenpool, then Hulk
    Yeah, Hulk Counts as an H. Will be interesting to see if MEHulk is up next.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    whoami said:
    So TA Hulk as PVE and PVP reward, prob means we know our next 5* feeder...right? (Banner has no 4* feeder yet, correct?)
    If TA Hulk was going to feed Banner this time around, it would have been announced before the TaT event started, or just as it began.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    Boosted R4G!!! I champed them just at the right time it seems!
  • Quebbster
    Y'know, I don't really mind Venom Bomb this time around. I look forward to trying 4* Iron Fist against Eddie Brock. Probably backed up by Grocket, maybe Nico too.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    bluewolf said:
    whoami said:
    So TA Hulk as PVE and PVP reward, prob means we know our next 5* feeder...right? (Banner has no 4* feeder yet, correct?)
    If TA Hulk was going to feed Banner this time around, it would have been announced before the TaT event started, or just as it began.
    We are behind.  They were doing one a month and announcing around the 20-25th of the month I thought.  I'm wondering if they are queueing up a lot of big news for and waiting for a marvel.com article to announce it all.  I mean we have:
    1.  We know there's some new feature coming, presumably soon since they modified steam to support it.
    2.  We now know Jubilee is coming, but have no details about her.
    3.  They usually do something for April Fools day, which is Sunday.
    4.  We haven't gotten a new 5* feeder yet this month.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    bluewolf said:
    whoami said:
    We are behind.  They were doing one a month and announcing around the 20-25th of the month I thought.  I'm wondering if they are queueing up a lot of big news for and waiting for a marvel.com article to announce it all.  I mean we have:
    1.  We know there's some new feature coming, presumably soon since they modified steam to support it.

1. Expect an announcement Friday after Boston leaves for the weekend, as usual.
    2. Release next weekend, Marvel article on Tuesday.
    3. Bagman PVP as first off-season PVP. Or they forgot, April 1st is nearly as surprising as Dec 24.
    4. Announcement next Wednesday, a day before the new season.

• Quebbster
    broll said:
    bluewolf said:
    whoami said:

They made Drax the feeder for Star-Lord two weeks ago. I know this because today I rostered the Star-Lord cover that has been sitting in the queue for two weeks... So March's quota is already filled. There may be Another in April, around April 10th perhaps?
  • broll
    Bowgentle said:
    broll said:
    bluewolf said:
    whoami said:

3. Bagman PVP as first off-season PVP. Or they forgot, April 1st is nearly as surprising as Dec 24.

3.  Devs on discord did an obscure tease that something might happen for 4/1 so i don't think they forgot.  

You make a lot of assumptions and state them as facts.  Not saying all any of those are wrong, I just don't like listing assumptions as if they're facts.  Other than 4 those are things we legitimately don't know yet and can only speculate on.

Quebbster said:
    broll said:
    bluewolf said:
    whoami said:

They made Drax the feeder for Star-Lord two weeks ago. I know this because today I rostered the Star-Lord cover that has been sitting in the queue for two weeks... So March's quota is already filled. There may be Another in April, around April 10th perhaps?
    Oh yeah that's right.  I forgot because my Drax wasn't champed at that time and SL isn't one I'm chomping at the bit for.  Guess it wasn't important enough to remember lol.  So yeah just the 3.  Thanks for the correction.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    broll said:

You're a week early. Updates to 4* champ rewards happen the week after a new season.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    Bowgentle said:
    broll said:

You're a week early. Updates to 4* champ rewards happen the week after a new season.
    Ah. True.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Bowgentle said:
    broll said:
    bluewolf said:
    whoami said:

3.  Devs on discord did an obscure tease that something might happen for 4/1 so i don't think they forgot.  

You make a lot of assumptions and state them as facts.  Not saying all any of those are wrong, I just don't like listing assumptions as if they're facts.  Other than 4 those are things we legitimately don't know yet and can only speculate on.

It’s called we have been around a long time and know how they normally operate.  
  • broll
    broll said:
    Bowgentle said:
    broll said:
    bluewolf said:
    whoami said:

It’s called we have been around a long time and know how they normally operate.  
    So I have, I still don't list speculation/assumption as if it were fact.  Like I said I'm not disagreeing with the assumption, just the way in which it was presented.  There are people here who haven't been around as long that might assume they missed a post somewhere that made these things official, but there wasn't, it's just an educated guess.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Wasnt there an announcement some time ago, about some squirrel girl event for April fools?