MPQ Sneak Peek: March 2018 Edition *Updated (3/27/18)

Comments

• JexmanJexman Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2018
    hah green America Chavez for progression, that'll be like my 10th green cover, stuck at 1-3-5, bleh
  • EzriusEzrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2018
    Brigby said:
    Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: Upcoming In March, 2018
    (*Important note: Anything listed below is subject to change before release. We will try to update any changes in a timely manner, but please keep in mind the info below is not guaranteed.)

UPCOMING VERSUS TOURNAMENTS
    Placement Rewards:
    4-Star: Gamora (Awesome Mix Volume 2) - Black, Red
    Unfortunate.  Placement rewards aren't really feasible for me, and a Blue progression reward will be useless for my 2/2/5 G4mora.  Rough break.
  • brollbroll Posts: 4,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    Deadpool Vs. MPQ (3/18/18) *New Update*
    Featured Characters:
    5-Star: Silver Surfer

Cross-referencing the calendar to bring everyone up to speed. Silver Surfer has been a 5* Essential before. That was before the 5* Heroes for Hire store. Black Bolt is the only other classic 5* that was run before the 5HFH store. Then there's the situation with Doc Ock, Peter Parker, Daredevil, and Gambit (all of whom have been featured as Latest 5*s, but are currently Classic 5*s, unknown when exactly they'll be featured as Classics in PVE).

I would GUESS that classic 5*s will add to the "classic list" when they officially complete the cycle (the way 3*s and 4*s join the Taco and Crash cycles, respectively), and we'll have a better grasp of what that cycle looks like in the near future (if it's just about being featured, we're in a new cycle already, but if it the cycle is based on the HFH store, we very well could see Bolt featured next), namely whether the pattern repeats for Classics or not.
    I'm more interested to see if they offer first or second cover for SS & BB.  I could see it going either way.  I'm selfishly hoping they do second because I could really use BBs second and/or third but not his first.  Either way someone's gonna be disappointed.
  • DAZ0273DAZ0273 Posts: 3,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeesh, Ragnarok and Daken PvP'S - the AI will have a spamfest on cheap powers.
  • zodiac339zodiac339 Posts: 1,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    And among those with champ 5trange, there was much rejoicing.
  • BowgentleBowgentle Posts: 5,038 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    Rags won't use his red with Gambit around, and he's very welcome to give me charged tiles with his blue.

Daken might be a bit annoying but his health is so low he'll die before doing much.
  • ZeiramMRZeiramMR Posts: 1,293 Chairperson of the Boards
    evade420 said:
    Duck season would be nice , hopefully we get one soon. Also looking forward to bags to riches PvP thus April fools . I hope
    I've been expecting Bags to Riches; it lines up perfectly for the first off-season PVP.
  • BoyWonder1914BoyWonder1914 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Darn it, I have the 5-star fully covered but the 5-star nodes in this event are awful so I'm not comfortable trying CL9 for the first time yet. 
    ZeiramMR said:
    evade420 said:
    Duck season would be nice , hopefully we get one soon. Also looking forward to bags to riches PvP thus April fools . I hope
    I've been expecting Bags to Riches; it lines up perfectly for the first off-season PVP.
    I do hope they run it off season and not as an additional PVP like last year.
    4 PVPs that week was WAY too much.
  • Smart80Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle said:
    ZeiramMR said:
    evade420 said:
    I do hope they run it off season and not as an additional PVP like last year.
    4 PVPs that week was WAY too much.
    Hope you guys are right. Have bags at 143 now after I sold him right after this one last year. Nicely timed. :-)

Not as additional would be fine by too
  • turbomooseturbomoose Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Oh joy the 4 day boredom fest that is deadpool v mpq 

So pvp for me next week then 
  • Arix90Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Can we have a sneakpeak update now that the next events are announced on marvel.com i would love to know which characters i may need to level for the shield training (and next featured 5*s)
  • fmftintfmftint Posts: 3,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arix90 said:
    Can we have a sneakpeak update now that the next events are announced on marvel.com i would love to know which characters i may need to level for the shield training (and next featured 5*s)
    They're out of the office so not likely.  Would be happy to be wrong though 
    fmftint said:
    Arix90 said:
    They're out of the office so not likely.  Would be happy to be wrong though 
    I expect we’ll get it at some point but at unusual times and/or late. 
  • The rockettThe rockett Posts: 1,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    UPDATE:
    Doc Ock 5E
    LockJaw 4E
    Luke Cage 3E
    Daken 2E 

Yes.  The event is up before we have an update here.  
    Doc Ock for simulator.
    Nice Troll.
    Lame. Doc Oc. So does this confirm the order is totally random and SS being first was just a coincidence?
  • The rockettThe rockett Posts: 1,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Doc Ock on a new release and the Rogue node!!!!! LOL. Fun times ahead.  
  • BrigbyBrigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,487 Site Admin
    *(3/21/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, Weekly Buffs, and added Marvel's article on Valkyrie
  • Daredevil217Daredevil217 Posts: 2,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm more curious about the SHIELD Training essentials... but yeah... Lockjaw and Ock are some rough essentials.