MPQ Sneak Peek: March 2018 Edition *Updated (3/27/18)

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    Ohhh, Webbed Wonder! Maybe I will get a non-Purple Howard cover this time... He is still 3/4/12 or something like that.
    Same, mines 4/2/5 and that node loves giving purple. But I told myself that putting faith in RnGesus is better than dropping 120 CP on a character like Howard, so it is what it is. Remember when they use to make the event before this a Howard "Release" event? Feel like people would probably be upset about that these days... :p

I'd love it if there were a way to get non-random Howard covers again. That's how I got most of my greens and blues after all. Ever since they Went random, it's been all Purple all the time.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    When it rains it pours.  So many 14th covers coming up.  Already have:
    - Ghost Rider (actually champed yesterday but he was the first of the trend)
    - Nick Fury
    - America Chavez (and now another coming soon)
    - MEH Hulk
    - Shuri
    - Drax (coming soon)
    - Howard (coming soon)

That's 50% of the 14 I had remaining before GH was champed.

HALP need more ISO!
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    - Nick Fury
    - MEH Hulk
    - Shuri
    - Drax (coming soon)
    - Howard (coming soon)

HALP need more ISO!
    Lol I've got 12 left, and had the "fortune" of pulling covers for 4 of them while blowing my hoard to cover Panther and Shuri. It's of course my fault for blowing my hoard, but it stings that much more when you don't even end up covering the target characters lol. 

• broll
    broll said:
    - Nick Fury
    - MEH Hulk
    - Shuri
    - Drax (coming soon)
    - Howard (coming soon)

HALP need more ISO!
    Lol I've got 12 left, and had the "fortune" of pulling covers for 4 of them while blowing my hoard to cover Panther and Shuri. It's of course my fault for blowing my hoard, but it stings that much more when you don't even end up covering the target characters lol. 

Ironically while I did crack my hoard to finish of 5* BP and get JJ, almost all of these were from progression covers for PvP and PvE.  I was pretty clean on my ~60 pulls only getting the MEH Hulk & America from there.  
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Huh. I was kind of expecting Webbed Wonder to run a couple of weeks later, so it would overlap April Fool's Day. Eh, never gonna complain about it coming sooner, it's one of my favourite events.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    broll said:
    - Nick Fury
    - MEH Hulk
    - Shuri
    - Drax (coming soon)
    - Howard (coming soon)

HALP need more ISO!
    I have 8 left and while chasing Panther, Shuri, and Jessica, I pulled a 14th Quake and Brock and a 14th, 15th and 16th Spider-Gwen and Ghost Rider. 

Even though Quake is the best of them I’m selling her and Brock and am scrambling to save the 6 other covers. 

Howard is 4/4/4 so he’ll be maxed covered leaving Yellow Thor as the only 4* cover I’m missing. 

If Howard comes around again for April fools I will be super scrambling to champ the duck. And will have to set aside more iso in case I need to level someone for Shield Training. 
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    jamesh said:
    thisone said:
    Yeah, a I said you are both placing t10 from a diluted pool. As someone else pointed out, you are facing maybe one third of the bracket in each sub. So you could have 90 people all placing t10 for all subs. 3 different subs, over 3 different days. Are they all worthy of t10 rewards?
    I agree with your point in general, but there aren't nine different paths through Strange Sights.  You've got a choice of three doors on the first day, two doors on the second day, and one door on the third.  So that gives six possible paths.

So if they counted each path as an independent leaderboard, there would be 60 people placing top 10 rather than 90.

You're partially right.  There are only 6 different paths you can take in total but there are still 9 subs in total so there would be 90 top 10's.  Each day has 3 subs going on at the same time and over 3 days that equals 9 subs.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Duck season would be nice , hopefully we get one soon. Also looking forward to bags to riches PvP thus April fools . I hope
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Loving the no-tap test. Please, please, be sure to bring it back again.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    @Brigby will Webbed Wonder be a Tapping or non tapping event?  

Pleaae pleaae please please please be non tapping 
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby will Webbed Wonder be a Tapping or non tapping event?  

Pleaae pleaae please please please be non tapping 
    Right away it was a one time test and returning back to normal. Also in in-game news pop ups if you wanna check.
  • Jonas91
    Jonas91 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Why The Big Enchilada prize is a Green cover of Angel. was not supposed to be a black cover?

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    It was black last time when it should have been green, so maybe they're fixing a mistake.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby  With the next PVE, we are scheduled to have a 5* Classic essential.  However, we currently don’t know if the next Classic essential will be restarting the last cycle with Surfer, or if it will be a formerly Latest, like SMPP, next. An update will be greatly appreciated before the weekend.  
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(3/15/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Deadpool's Dailies
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Deadpool Vs. MPQ (3/18/18) *New Update*
    Featured Characters:
    5-Star: Silver Surfer

Cross-referencing the calendar to bring everyone up to speed. Silver Surfer has been a 5* Essential before. That was before the 5* Heroes for Hire store. Black Bolt is the only other classic 5* that was run before the 5HFH store. Then there's the situation with Doc Ock, Peter Parker, Daredevil, and Gambit (all of whom have been featured as Latest 5*s, but are currently Classic 5*s, unknown when exactly they'll be featured as Classics in PVE).

I would GUESS that classic 5*s will add to the "classic list" when they officially complete the cycle (the way 3*s and 4*s join the Taco and Crash cycles, respectively), and we'll have a better grasp of what that cycle looks like in the near future (if it's just about being featured, we're in a new cycle already, but if it the cycle is based on the HFH store, we very well could see Bolt featured next), namely whether the pattern repeats for Classics or not.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    This is pure speculation, but based on the order of classic 5's previously offered in HfH, the upcoming order *could* be: 

Surfer
    Bolt 
    Goblin
    IM46 
    Star-Lord
    Hawkeye 
    BSSM 
    Natasha
    Banner 
    Strange 
    Phoenix 
    5Cap 
    OML 
    BP5 
    Thanos 

Doc Ock
    Parker
    Daredevil
    Gambit

That said, a couple of things: 

- Obviously, these classics would be mixed in with Latests. The pattern at the moment appears to be: the three current Latests appear as essentials, then two Classics. 

- The first two classics here, Surfer and Black Bolt, were essentials before they were available via H4H, so assumedly their first cover would be offered when they appear. Everything from Goblin through Thanos would assumedly be their second cover. 

- There are four 5's who have moved from Latest to Classics since 5* essentials were introduced -- Doc Ock, Parker, DD and Gambit. It's really anyone's guess how they'll be integrated into the order, and which covers we'll see for them first. I guess the most sense would be for them to be added to the end of the list? 

But really, this is all guesswork. If Black Bolt ends up as the next essential after Surfer, maybe we'll have a little better idea what might be coming. 
  • Jexman
    Jexman Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2018
    hah green America Chavez for progression, that'll be like my 10th green cover, stuck at 1-3-5, bleh
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2018
    Brigby said:
    Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: Upcoming In March, 2018
    (*Important note: Anything listed below is subject to change before release. We will try to update any changes in a timely manner, but please keep in mind the info below is not guaranteed.)

UPCOMING VERSUS TOURNAMENTS
    Placement Rewards:
    4-Star: Gamora (Awesome Mix Volume 2) - Black, Red
    Unfortunate.  Placement rewards aren't really feasible for me, and a Blue progression reward will be useless for my 2/2/5 G4mora.  Rough break.
  • broll
    JHawkInc said:
    Deadpool Vs. MPQ (3/18/18) *New Update*
    Featured Characters:
    5-Star: Silver Surfer

Cross-referencing the calendar to bring everyone up to speed. Silver Surfer has been a 5* Essential before. That was before the 5* Heroes for Hire store. Black Bolt is the only other classic 5* that was run before the 5HFH store. Then there's the situation with Doc Ock, Peter Parker, Daredevil, and Gambit (all of whom have been featured as Latest 5*s, but are currently Classic 5*s, unknown when exactly they'll be featured as Classics in PVE).

I would GUESS that classic 5*s will add to the "classic list" when they officially complete the cycle (the way 3*s and 4*s join the Taco and Crash cycles, respectively), and we'll have a better grasp of what that cycle looks like in the near future (if it's just about being featured, we're in a new cycle already, but if it the cycle is based on the HFH store, we very well could see Bolt featured next), namely whether the pattern repeats for Classics or not.
    I'm more interested to see if they offer first or second cover for SS & BB.  I could see it going either way.  I'm selfishly hoping they do second because I could really use BBs second and/or third but not his first.  Either way someone's gonna be disappointed.