3. Vulture 
    4. Medusa 
    5. Cloak & Dagger 
    6. Rocket and Groot 2
    7. Blade 
    8. Iceman
    9. Red Hulk 
    10. Rogue 

Honorable mentions - The Thing (Helpful against Medusa ,Rocket/Groot , Gamora) , Cyclops , Punisher and Luke Cage 
  • dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    I got to thinking this morning... there are eight 4*s that I use all the time even unboosted. Those have got to be my personal top eight.

Vulture - I use him for a battery to fuel someone who is boosted with a good green or blue or to fuel himself with his great green.
    Cloak and Dagger - I use them to battery for Vulture or Captain Marvel, plus they have great utility with the yellow power and the 3ap purple.
    (I play PvE at CL8 and usually for the non essential nodes I will use Vulture, Cloak and Dagger and whoever is boosted with a green AoE)
    Rocket and Groot - I use with Gamora and Medusa for almost all trivial nodes, with Gamora (unless another Guardian is boosted) for seed teams in PvP. I also use them with Captain Marvel and Red Hulk as my PvP Grockmoradusa buster team.
    Medusa - With R&G and Gamora and also sometimes when fighting an opposing Carnage or Ultron Sentries.
    Captain Marvel - Part of the Grockmoradusa buster team but also a great single target nuke that can be fueled by Cloak and Dagger reliably.
    Riri - She is my third for climbing in the season simulator along with Vulture and C&D. All three of her powers are useful and once Vulture takes off the match is usually over.
    Gamora - The third cog in my trivial node team, also has the great blue stun.
    Red Hulk - Part of the team that destroys Grockmoradusa.

Note that Riri could be swapped out for Peggy Carter or Iceman, but I usually use Riri.

These have to be my top 8.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    I use them all the time, so here they are (in no particular order):

C4rol
    C&D
    R&G
    Riri
    Coulson
    Gamora
    Medusa
    Bl4de
    Mockingbird
    Vulture*

*I just champed him so I haven't used him a lot but wow.
  • cschwinge
    cschwinge Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Not having any champed 4* I don't have much to add other than the fact that Peggy's blue only costs 11, not 12. If you're starting with 2 blue/purple, it's "only" 3 blue matches. She's fantastic for stunlock with any not-blue stunner. But her lack of a single target stun can be annoying in a last-stand situation.