MPQ Sneak Peek: January 2018 Edition *Updated (1/24/18)

Comments

• Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Character Categories
    Spider-Man, Hawkeye, Wolverine, Black Widow, Daredevil, The Hulk, Iron Fist
    I hope they found something to make this obvious and easy to select in team selection screen.. have all possible options shown in front of roster perhaps?
  • Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Smart80 said:
    Character Categories
    Spider-Man, Hawkeye, Wolverine, Black Widow, Daredevil, The Hulk, Iron Fist
    I hope they found something to make this obvious and easy to select in team selection screen.. have all possible options shown in front of roster perhaps?
    Nope. Not in the past at least
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Brigby why are they still doing the xmen only simulator? With how many different characters there are in the game simulator was one of my favorite events because of how many different teams you get to fight against in it. The last few times it's run though its been the same few xmen mixed into different teams over and over again.
    Any answer to this Brigby? I'd really like to know why they haven't gone back to normal Sim with all the characters in it. I was looking forward to some crazy antics like a match with America Chavez and Vulture or Medusa or someone else who can generate extra ap for the team.
    Hmm good question! I'll pass that along to the team. Once I hear back from them, I'll be sure to provide an update to you all.
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 352 Mover and Shaker
    The difficult node for me in Simulator SCL7 is node 6 on day two.  It's Prof X, Rogue, and X-23.  I've found it's always super-important to take Xavier down first, and that's a little harder to do when Rogue keeps jumping in front to protect him.  My best team against this is 3* Dr Strange, Rogue, and 2* Magneto to generate lots more blue.
  • Brigby
    *Added Galactus Hungers Alliance Placement Rewards
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Brigby said:
    *Added Galactus Hungers Alliance Placement Rewards
    Unless something is different about the Galactus event, I suspect that these are Progression Rewards....?  (That is, placement is not a thing in boss Events, normally.)
  • Brigby
    Yes, I mean't Progression Rewards. Sorry for the confusion
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, cool! Ended up being Ghost Rider anyway. I’d thought Galactus Hungers sounded off for a second 5* Panther. And timing looks like I can wait until he’s in Latest and Kraven is in tokens before making pulls to get Kraven to 209 for SHIELD Training.
    Aw nuts. Just realized that the Boss timing means Gambit is being skipped as essential, doesn’t it? Then that means Story will go
    Sunday: Classic
    Thursday: Classic
    Sunday(Monday?): Gambit (if back on schedule)
    Thursday: Thor for the next character release.
    What’s the forecast, 70% chance of 4* Panther?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    @ThaRoadWarrior

Thank you. I learned something new.

Is the Galactus event a normal PvE event or is it similar to the Apocalypse/Sentinel PvE last month? I remembered that the last month's boss event required 5 characters. Then, this event requires only 3.
  • zodiac339
    @ThaRoadWarrior

Thank you. I learned something new.

Is the Galactus event a normal PvE event or is it similar to the Apocalypse/Sentinel PvE last month? I remembered that the last month's boss event required 5 characters. Then, this event requires only 3.
    The format almost always features 3 specific variants for the side missions, then a rotation of characters where you can choose any version of the given name.
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    zodiac339 said:
    Well, cool! Ended up being Ghost Rider anyway. I’d thought Galactus Hungers sounded off for a second 5* Panther. And timing looks like I can wait until he’s in Latest and Kraven is in tokens before making pulls to get Kraven to 209 for SHIELD Training.
    Aw nuts. Just realized that the Boss timing means Gambit is being skipped as essential, doesn’t it? Then that means Story will go
    Brigby mentioned in an other thread that the pve after the boss event will have Gambit as the 5E.  Happy days....
  • Brigby
    *(1/24/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Deadpool's Dailies
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 said:
    Brigby mentioned in an other thread that the pve after the boss event will have Gambit as the 5E.  Happy days....
    Yes, he was answering a question I asked in that thread. And yes, happy days. Champed Gambit = SCL9 gets wrecked.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    I can sense a lot of coming upset about 4* R&G getting skipped...  I’m personally stoked about more Nightcrawlers. 
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    JHawkInc said:
    Galactus Hungers - Alliance Event (1/25/18)
    Deadpool Vs. MPQ (1/28/18) *New Update*

You're killing me, smalls.

Brigby, tell Demiurge to get with the program and update the event awards for these two already. 

They did a great job updating 3-day and 4-day events, then 7-day events to bring them all on par with each other, and repeatedly squander that by refusing to complete the process and update boss events and events with 48-hour sub events.

Relax, arent they just doing what they said they would do? They never said they would update boss event awards or 48h sub events, did they? 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Do you know how many fourday events there are without any 48 hour subs? Two. Thick as Thieves and Venom Bomb. If the devs tried to abolish 48-hour subs, we would get at least one run of each every month, frequently more.

It would be great if they could update some of the existing events to actually have 4 subs though, but in the story events it would mean creating new content, so it may be easier said than done. Simulator could easily be expanded to four subs since it has no story, but considering how popular the current run is that may not be a good idea...

• Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2018
    broll said:
    I can sense a lot of coming upset about 4* R&G getting skipped...  I’m personally stoked about more Nightcrawlers. 
    I'm more upset with his progression color being red again... It was already red the first time after he was released, so I expected it to be purple, following the pattern that happened most of the time: middle, first and last cover. Well, I guess boss events mess with color progression every time...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Felessa said:
    broll said:
    I'm more upset with his progression color being red again... It was already red the first time after he was released, so I expected it to be purple, following the patter that happened most of the time: middle, first and last cover. Well, I guess boss events mess with color progression every time...

I am a Little sad they run Nightcrawler parallel with boosted Gambit. That means Kurt will only ever be able to use his blue Power...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:

Do you know how many fourday events there are without any 48 hour subs? Two. Thick as Thieves and Venom Bomb. If the devs tried to abolish 48-hour subs, we would get at least one run of each every month, frequently more.

It would be great if they could update some of the existing events to actually have 4 subs though, but in the story events it would mean creating new content, so it may be easier said than done. Simulator could easily be expanded to four subs since it has no story, but considering how popular the current run is that may not be a good idea...

It's not only about 48 hour subs, it's specifically about running DP vs MPQ after every boss event, like clockwork.

Bring back heroics with one sub being 48 hours, shorten Hulk to a 4 day variant, do _anything_ except run DP vs MPQ.

But of course stuff that requires work to fit the schedule has to wait, because devs are busy with... whatever.
    Would be nice to know if they're actually working on something.