MPQ Sneak Peek: January 2018 Edition *Updated (1/24/18)

Comments

• cpeyton3535cpeyton3535 Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    bluewolf said:
    Anyone feels that there is no synergy for the current team of Kraven, Deadpool and Moonstone in the first node of Webbed Wonders. I found myself ending match slower than usual for the first node with three loaners.

Is the simulator PvE on 22nd Jan the one where you fight X-Men and other Marvel characters instead of the usual minions like the Hand, Mindless Ones etc.? I remember getting destroyed by a certain team. I'm not sure if it's the one with 3* Gambit, Jean Grey, Ice Man or Prof. X.
    The essential “team” this time is one of the worst. Major overlap - no yellow or green.  Expensive powers. Moonstone.  And Kraven. 

Simulator - xmen version - has some very hard nodes, but nerfed 3* gambit could make some easier.  Edit:  they usually update Simulator with new teams, so we don’t know what it will really be yet.
    Yup, worst synergy for the essential team-up in recent memory.  I plan to clear this node long before I start my final grind.  Failed to get all my clears last night because I underestimated how long this one would take. 

Plus, I don't know if it's just me, but wave nodes seem to be really 'sluggish' last couple of events.  I noticed a few high performers in my bracket missed their clears last node of last event and fell out of T2 as a result.  These are players that NEVER drop below T2.
  • rixmithrixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Does anyone remember which sub is 48 hours in the 4 Day Honor Among Thieves?
  • bluewolfbluewolf Posts: 3,378 Chairperson of the Boards
    rixmith said:
    Should be sub 1.
  • BowgentleBowgentle Posts: 5,038 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    So anyone care to chime in as to why AA is being featured again before gambit?  Cuz you know, it went gambit, AA, Strange, Phx, Thor and then...   AA?

Darts.

But I'm sure someone will come up with convoluted "reasons" again.
    I just posted about this in gen-discussion; before having read this thread.

I'm scratching my head right there with you; assuming you haven't rostered him either??

My Archangel had two covers when he was first essential, he's at seven covers now, so I'm good, personally.
    Still funny to see people trying to spin this as a move by Demiurge to "help players in the next new character release", as if Demi did give a wet kitten about anyone having an easier time in a new character release.
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    rixmith said:
    Should be sub 1.

It is indeed sub 1. Or at least it has been in previous fourday runs. Seems to be the new way.

Looking forward to boosted Rogue, though I note there is a distinct lack of color overlap in the boosted fourstars. Everyone is strong in yellow, no one is strong in black...

• Smart80Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle said:
    Bowgentle said:
    So anyone care to chime in as to why AA is being featured again before gambit?  Cuz you know, it went gambit, AA, Strange, Phx, Thor and then...   AA?

Darts.

But I'm sure someone will come up with convoluted "reasons" again.
    I just posted about this in gen-discussion; before having read this thread.

I'm scratching my head right there with you; assuming you haven't rostered him either??

My Archangel had two covers when he was first essential, he's at seven covers now, so I'm good, personally.
    Still funny to see people trying to spin this as a move by Demiurge to "help players in the next new character release", as if Demi did give a wet kitten about anyone having an easier time in a new character release.
    Lol, when i bash d3 for having no logic in their decision, im criticized. When i say they could have helpen us by using illogical order, its no good either...

please get together, have a meeting and decide what y’all want.. ghehe ;-)
  • HoundofShadowHoundofShadow Posts: 2,184 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honor Among Thieves is the second hardest PvE for me, after Simulator PvE. It's sad doing 1 damage from match damage and getting hit with increasing stronger attack/strike tiles. Also, I'm eating damage regardless of who matches the enemy special tiles. It's like facing 3* IronFist, 3* Luke Cage and a tweaked Medusa. All those Symbiotes and Mindless Ones... I think this is the only PvE (as of now) that I wish I got Dr. Strange. 
  • KahmonKahmon Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    Ugh. Hated last couple Simulator runs. I usually play at level 8 or 9, but think I'll drop to 7 for the first time since leaving it.
    edited January 2018
    It's going to be another year or so before I can reach SCL 8/9. Currently, I'm floating between SCL 4 and 5. But for simulator PvE, I think i will go for SCL 4 since my strongest characters are 2 3* at level 16X. I think i got wiped by 3* Gambit during the last simulator due to his black ability. Since it was mentioned that the characters change for every simulator PvE, I wonder if the latest 3* and 4* characters will be in it.

Does SCL 8/9 PvE still give standard token?
  • BlackBoltRocksBlackBoltRocks Posts: 2,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does SCL 8/9 PvE still give standard token?
    For node rewards, yes. For progression rewards, the minimum is Elite tokens. Which is still miserly.
    I'm wondering what's the difference between Elite and Heroic token? It seems to be the same to me.
    Thank you mexus. I got to pay more attention to what's available.
    I'm wondering what's the difference between Elite and Heroic token? It seems to be the same to me.

You can only get two- and threestar covers from Elite tokens. Heroic tokens have a chance to give a fourstar cover too.
    Official unofficial update from another thread:
    Brigby said:
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    Is there going to be a Kingpin PVP Brigby?
    jgomes32 said:
    Brigby was the initial feedback negative with the original 3 feeders having pvp events? Any reason to drop that? Sandman and Kingpin had no pvp to "promote" the update and personally i think those 4* events are a nice change every once in a while.
    Unfortunately I'm unaware of any plans to running a Kingpin Versus Tournament, following these changes. The only upcoming Versus Tournaments I'm aware of are Blue Shift (1/21) and Hooked On A Feeling (1/23)
    Ooga chaka ooga chaka ooga ooga ooga chaka...
  • LifeofAgonyLifeofAgony Posts: 678 Critical Contributor
    Elite is 2/3* only.  Heroic can be 2/3/4*
  • BrigbyBrigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,530 Site Admin
    *(1/19/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events and Deadpool's Dailies
  • TPF AlexisTPF Alexis Posts: 3,364 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ooh. I wonder who Cloak & Dagger's Crash is going to be?
  • D4Ni13D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Ooh. I wonder who Cloak & Dagger's  Crash is going to be?
    I would say Medusa because they have similar abilities (heal, special tile creation), plus she can steal Cloak & Dagger special tiles and be a serious threat. But guess will see then. 
  • zodiac339zodiac339 Posts: 1,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    That is The Question.
    Rocket and Groot maybe? Duo vs duo...