Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    Today, I got a purple Howard in "Webbed Wonder", champed him and officially completed Marvel Puzzle Quest (https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/756757#Comment_756757).  Sure I'm going to still keep playing, but that still happened :)
    Mine is 3/4/4 and I was hoping for a green all day.  I thought the cover was granted during the single Ock boss node so was pleasantly surprised that at the end of the final wave node a green Howard popped up.  He is now the coveted 4/4/4, meaning it is a guarantee that I too will complete the game and don't have to worry about champing him for two more covers, which is great because I'm in a major iso hole right now!
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Howard the Duck has been the bane of my MPQ existance, starting the day at 0/4/4.
    Fortunately I'm here posting in the best moment thread, not the worst so you can guess what's next.

Finished my run with expectations low, but you can imagine my excitement when that GREEN cover appeared!

1/4/4 sucks so much less than he did before.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulled the Black Kraven cover from the PvE value, so he's now 1/1/1.  Yay!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Managed to beat the Invisible Woman crash with a 1/4/2 invisible woman on the third try with no boosts. If your character can be invisible, you can do it on 1 cover if you try hard, stay in school, and don't do drugs.

I'm going to try my best to start reserving LTs for new 5* releases rather than burning them immediately, but spend CP in classics as I get it. We'll see how long that lasts. I'm not trying to cover 5*s aggressively, just make sure I have one to participate in the required story nodes mostly at this point.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hit 900 in Behold Thanos for Sandman cover. Applied to Champ, making him level 300 for a Goblin purple. Trained Goblin up to a 5/5/3 build. Now happily looking at a roster with 5 Epic Champs and 4 more (including said Goblin) at 13 covers. Phoenix, OML, and Surfer are the other complete ones. I think Phoenix will be fun to pair with Daredevil while Goblin/Hawkeye/Coulson is just ridiculous. Just need a red or blue for that Hawkeye though.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Won a Nico Yellow which means I can champ her. This doesn’t seem like much to boast about but seeing as I barely play these days its like a lottery win
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I usually miss out on top 10 by a few minutes.  I'm usually top 8 or 9 around 3-4 minutes before the end of the event and then when we see the results, I'm usually 11 or 12 which sucks.  But not this time -- top 10, baby! One Bobbi cover to get her to 277 and lots of Hawkguy to get him to 214. Yay!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Once I reached top 5 in Thanos PvP, I put up a shield. Two hours before the event ends, I fell to the 8th and 9th spot. Then, one hour before the PvP ends, I got back to 6th. For the last hour, I was drifting from 6th position to 5th to 7th to 6th to 5th to 4th to 6th and finally ended up in top 5. I don't think the stock market rise and fall that fast. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hit 900 in Thanos PvP, which isn't out of my norm. But the last time this event ran, I was just starting to consistently hit that target. In fact, I think that particular season it was the only event I didn't get to 900. So it was one of those moments where it felt like I had achieved good, tangible progress. Thanks to champed 5* Daredevil, I didn't even need to buy any healthpacks.

Also got T10 in Webbed Wonder. Again, something I consistently earn, but due to IRL circumstances (and not drawing Archangel yet) I haven't hit that mark since before America's release event. So felt good to get a little mojo back. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got second in Kravens release event, followed by first in Webbed Wonder (CL8). Not bad for a FTP, non-tapping, 4* only player!
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pulled my 1st black (and 10th overall) Gambit cover
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got the following chain today:
    Elite token from DDQ --> 2* Steve
    2* Steve champ level --> Heroic token
    Heroic token --> 13th Vulture cover (after having to previously sell a handful of green covers)

I'll take it for a DDQ reward
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A random Heroic token from a two-star champion level gave me a Red Hulk cover and a bonus green America Chavez. My Chavez was stuck at 3/5/3 with three or four yellow covers on the vine. Now I just need to hit 2000 points in SHIELD Sim and then I can champ her.
  • Dax317
    Dax317 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Options
    Finally pulled my 13th Gambit, it was a duplicate and cs is swapping and pulled my 13th America cover, from a heroic. I have the iso for Gambit. That is my good.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I champedQuebbster said:
    A random Heroic token from a two-star champion level gave me a Red Hulk cover and a bonus green America Chavez. My Chavez was stuck at 3/5/3 with three or four yellow covers on the vine. Now I just need to hit 2000 points in SHIELD Sim and then I can champ her.
    Honestly after being lukewarm on her in the first few times I played with her at this point I think she's my favorite 4*. Granted it's easy to say that since she's boosted for being a new character but man she is absolutely slicing and dicing in pve and holding her own in pvp. One cascade and the next thing you know the board looks like some fireworks are going off and then a fully healed enemy team is dead. "What...what the hell just happened?" I've already benched Medusa for her.

My current best moment for the day was champing Nightcrawler before my 14th cover for him died, only had maybe a day or two left, and then opened up my 10 pack for pvp and got 7 2s, 2 3s, 1 4* in my girl Kate and a bonus 3*. Not too bad.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got a chain of good moments today. 

I broke my PvP record and got 900 without using any shield. I got Spider Gwen from progression, who is one of my favourite characters. Then, I got the token from Spiderman (850 points). I opened it up and got Mockingbird (red), who is another one of my favourite. Then, it gave me Rogue as bonus hero.

Before the current PvE started, I made Mockingbird my bonus hero, hoping that I could get her in time to play the PvE. But, it didn't happen. So, I set Rogue as my bonus instead. I'm about two days late for the PvE. But, all in all, one of the best moment that I had.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Decided it was time to reach 2000 points in SHIELD Simulator so I could get my America Chavez championed. The Latest Legends token that gave me dropped a red Gambit cover... Awesome! Gambit's champion level was good for another Latest Legends token, that dropped a yellow GladiaThor... Amazing!
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Popped two Latest Legends tokens today

Gambit Red
    Gambit Purple

so now he's at 3/2/5
  • Dax317
    Dax317 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Options
    Reached 1200 in PVP for the very first time today!
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Got the 13th cover for two 4*'s this morning

First was a much needed Blade Green (as my Blade has been 5/2/5 since July) from a 20CP token

Then I did the Hawkeye wave node in PVE which gave an event token, which was Mockingbird purple, so she is 5/3/5 now