MPQ Sneak Peek: January 2018 Edition *Updated (1/24/18)

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby  It is great that BFF’s boost list is being updated. Could you perhaps suggest that 4* Iron Fist be added as well?  I assume it can’t be changed this time, but perhaps in the future.  Thank you!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    bluewolf said:
    @Brigby  It is great that BFF’s boost list is being updated. Could you perhaps suggest that 4* Iron Fist be added as well?  I assume it can’t be changed this time, but perhaps in the future.  Thank you!

And if Cloak and Dagger gets boosted, why not give 4* Rocket and Groot the same treatment? It would be hilarious to run 4 characters in a two-character tournament...

Or maybe not... I can use the threestar version for the same effect I suppose.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    bluewolf said:

And if Cloak and Dagger gets boosted, why not give 4* Rocket and Groot the same treatment? It would be hilarious to run 4 characters in a two-character tournament...

I think it's more likely there's going to be a stand alone Cloak and stand alone Dagger at some point in the future and they referenced characters not in the game.  It wouldn't be the first time they've spoiled upcoming characters like that.  It makes no sense for C&D or R&G in any of their current incarnations to be boosted for this event.

Would have been nice if they included the whole list.  Can't remember if C4ge is boosted, but both him and IF need to be.
  • Quebbster
    broll said:
    Quebbster said:
    bluewolf said:

I think it's more likely there's going to be a stand alone Cloak and stand alone Dagger at some point in the future and they referenced characters not in the game.  It wouldn't be the first time they've spoiled upcoming characters like that.  It makes no sense for C&D or R&G in any of their current incarnations to be boosted for this event.

Would have been nice if they included the whole list.  Can't remember if C4ge is boosted, but both him and IF need to be.

I found a list Brigby posted Before last run in September, I assume it is still accurate aside from the updates:

Brigby said:
    As of right this moment, this is what the Buffed list looks like for Best Friends Forever:

4-Star: Gwenpool, Howard the Duck, Kate Bishop, Kingpin, Luke Cage (Power Man), Miles Morales, Professor X, Spider-Woman, The Thing, War Machine, Winter Soldier
    3-Star: Beast, Bullseye (Classic), Captain Marvel (Modern), Colossus, Daredevil (Man Without Fear), Iron Fist (Immortal Weapon), Kamala Khan, Rocket & Groot (Most Wanted)
    2-Star: Steve Rogers (Captain America), Hawkeye (Modern), Human Torch (Johnny Storm), Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men)
    1-Star: Iron Man (Model 35), Spider-Man (Original)
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(1/08/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Weekly Buffs
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    I believe this upcoming week will be the first time with 3 champed 4*s in the one week (Gwenpool, Riri and Wasp)

seems like those 3 have all the colours covered too, nice
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2018
    Brigby said:

Hearts of Darkness - 4 Day Variant (1/11/18) *New Update*

Featured Characters
    5-Star: Doctor Strange (Sorcerer Supreme)
    4-Star: Deadpool (Uncanny X-Force)
    3-Star: Beast
    2-Star: Storm (Classic)

I wish this was a week later.  I am currently on resupply day 1450 and I can see that day 1459 has a yellow Doctor Strange (Sorcerer Supreme).  That extra yellow would certainly make a big difference for a boosted Doctor Strange.

Oh well at least I will have the 5* for this one.

:s Glares
     at Archangel..... 
  • bluewolf
    Man, an HoD new release. I’m going to have to think hard about which scl with that one 5E node.  Thanks for the update!
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Strange Sights now, 5trange boosted next.. missed opportunity?
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    I love when Riri and Gwenpool are boosted together :)
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Any season changes like character re-balances are posted in a “xxx season updates” announcement post.  Usually the day before season starts.
  • alphator
    alphator Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    that 'll be a good thing if they could pursue in the updates to 4 star champion rewards

• Quebbster

Dr 5trange essential in a new release... one of the few fivestars I don't have any covers for.

On the other hand, I am not sure I mind being locked out of the Inhumans node.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does anyone know what goons/minions are featured in the next PvE, Hearts of Darkness? I saw a post in Sept? stating that it was the group of musclemen minions. Does the enemies type remain the same regardless of which month that particular PvE is held?

The reason why I'm asking is because currently I'm playing SCL5 and it takes me around 1.30hr-2 hr to clear the first 4 nodes. I would like to give SCL6 a try but I don't have Doctor Strange. If it's going to be the Mindless One minion, I think I will stick with CL5. I still remember how it decimated my teams back when I was using only 2* and tried playing in CL4. Currently, I'm using 2* Magneto and SW(166) to clear the nodes in SCL 5. Any advice for this newbie if it's safe for me to try SCL6? I'm aware that the max level of the enemies would be 220.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank you OJSP. I think I will give SCL 6 a try for the next event.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any season changes like character re-balances are posted in a “xxx season updates” announcement post.  Usually the day before season starts.
    Although they did announce the System Reboot event ahead of time for Nick Fury/Psylocke: just with the featured characters missing.
  • Quebbster
    mexus said:
    Quebbster said:

Dr 5trange essential in a new release... one of the few fivestars I don't have any covers for.

On the other hand, I am not sure I mind being locked out of the Inhumans node.

Just go CL6, you'll blast through it top 10 in 15 minutes / day.

I'd miss out on the Alliance reward cover for the new character though. I'll probably do my best in SCL 9, top 50 is still doable there with a bit of dedication.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - ??? (1/11/18) *New Update*
    Required Characters: ???, America Chavez, The Thing, Ant-Man
    Oh joy, still charging through with these I see.  At least I have both Thing and Ant-Man this time, last two they've managed to pick at least one of the few vintage I didn't have champed.  Ugh I hate these events such wasted potential.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Brigby said:
    Oh joy, still charging through with these I see.  At least I have both Thing and Ant-Man this time, last two they've managed to pick at least one of the few vintage I didn't have champed.  Ugh I hate these events such wasted potential.
     I'll need to toss some ISO at Ant-Man to get him to 209.

I think I'm up to 42 4* champs now, and I swear they're looking at my roster and picking at least one 4* I don't have either champed or leveled up. I'm not sure they've run one yet where I've had both 4*s champed or at least at 209.
  • bluewolf
    DarthDeVo said:
    broll said:
    Brigby said:
     I'll need to toss some ISO at Ant-Man to get him to 209.

I think I'm up to 42 4* champs now, and I swear they're looking at my roster and picking at least one 4* I don't have either champed or leveled up. I'm not sure they've run one yet where I've had both 4*s champed or at least at 209.
    They have tended to pick the less powerful/desirable 4’s.  It seems like they are trying to create pressure to level them. Or, they want players who have everyone champed to feel good about themselves by being able to complete more nodes.