MPQ Sneak Peek: January 2018 Edition *Updated (1/24/18)

1246714

Comments

  • Smart80Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    shardwick said:
    The problem you’re going to run into for Door 1 in Strange Sights is that someone in your Alliance HAS to do Door 1 for everyone in the Alliance to receive the full ISO bonus. Choose wisely. 
    I think you only have to be in an alliance to get the iso regardless of if anyone got points for a specific door or not because the #1 alliance gets the same iso as the #5000 alliance. So alliances that have no points would essentially just be tied for dead last. Also, I really hate the quoting system.
    But you need to join to get rewards. If none of your alliance joins the door, i dont think you’ll get it... but why risk it, just talk to 2 teammates
  • Smart80Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc said:
    Smart80 said:
    JHawkInc said:
    The only thing they've told us is that they're rotating 3 Latest and then 2 Classics, never which characters or in what kind of order. It is perfectly within that plan for Archangel to be next 5* essential.

    I agree that it would be nice for it to be Thor instead, but there's nothing that says it "should" be Thor or that it's a mistake to run Archangel except for wishful thinking.
    Logic says it should be. Oh right, nevermind... :-)
    Basic pattern recognition says he "could" be next, sure.

    Logic says that half of the groups of 3 Latest they've run have been completely out of release order, and that no pattern for how they choose Latest or Classic characters has been released, so it could have been ANY character in a Latest token.

    People are getting bent out of shape because the devs didn't follow a rule that is 100% made up by the forums.

    I'm all for calling them out when they make mistakes, but the people here basically shouted "Trust fall!" and leaned backwards into an empty room and then got mad when the devs (rightfully) didn't catch them. There is NO RULE in what we have been given that says Thor should be before Archangel, and people playing by that rule only have themselves to blame.

    Would it be nice if they had a pattern (like using release order?) that we could follow and predict who was next? Sure. But it's certainly not a mistake when they deviate from a pattern that they didn't come up with in the first place.

    Nice rant with great drama, but wonder if you even got my original sarcasm... (nevermind, cause we shouldnt expect logic orders from d3..)

    You said nothing said it should be.
    The last 3 times, the 3 5ess were in order of release. Before that, they messed up with 3 latest and 2 classic too. I think you could with good reason expect them to continue that order. 
    Also, as Angel is the 3rd latest in this cycle, we will skip Thor now, which wouldnt be very logical.
    Thats 2 viable reasons to assume it should be Thor, which i wouldnt call nothing.

    Also, if there is no logic in this order, i would suggest they make this a priority and asap share it with us, as this can seriously impact peoples game. I assume, if i may, they dont just roll a dice each cycle, right?


  • JHawkIncJHawkInc Posts: 2,303 Chairperson of the Boards
    Smart80 said:
    JHawkInc said:
    Smart80 said:
    JHawkInc said:
    The only thing they've told us is that they're rotating 3 Latest and then 2 Classics, never which characters or in what kind of order. It is perfectly within that plan for Archangel to be next 5* essential.

    I agree that it would be nice for it to be Thor instead, but there's nothing that says it "should" be Thor or that it's a mistake to run Archangel except for wishful thinking.
    Logic says it should be. Oh right, nevermind... :-)
    Basic pattern recognition says he "could" be next, sure.

    Logic says that half of the groups of 3 Latest they've run have been completely out of release order, and that no pattern for how they choose Latest or Classic characters has been released, so it could have been ANY character in a Latest token.

    People are getting bent out of shape because the devs didn't follow a rule that is 100% made up by the forums.

    I'm all for calling them out when they make mistakes, but the people here basically shouted "Trust fall!" and leaned backwards into an empty room and then got mad when the devs (rightfully) didn't catch them. There is NO RULE in what we have been given that says Thor should be before Archangel, and people playing by that rule only have themselves to blame.

    Would it be nice if they had a pattern (like using release order?) that we could follow and predict who was next? Sure. But it's certainly not a mistake when they deviate from a pattern that they didn't come up with in the first place.

    Nice rant with great drama, but wonder if you even got my original sarcasm... (nevermind, cause we shouldnt expect logic orders from d3..)

    You said nothing said it should be.
    The last 3 times, the 3 5ess were in order of release. Before that, they messed up with 3 latest and 2 classic too. I think you could with good reason expect them to continue that order. 
    Also, as Angel is the 3rd latest in this cycle, we will skip Thor now, which wouldnt be very logical.
    Thats 2 viable reasons to assume it should be Thor, which i wouldnt call nothing.

    Also, if there is no logic in this order, i would suggest they make this a priority and asap share it with us, as this can seriously impact peoples game. I assume, if i may, they dont just roll a dice each cycle, right?


    Your use of sarcasm is irrelevant because your point was wrong.

    I didn't call it "nothing." I called it "rules made up by the forums." The last three cycles were in release order, the two before that were not. I wouldn't call something that happens 60% of the time (3/5) a guaranteed pattern. Since this time they didn't follow release order, that would tell us the odds of the Latest 5*s following release order is 50/50 (3/6). You can't say it's "logical" for Thor to be next and then ignore all of the facts that suggest it's just as likely that they would go with Archangel instead. (and we're not even looking at the classics, which have never rotated in release order, which, if anything, suggests that the lastest 5*s being featured in release order is the oddity, not the norm) 

    You may want to joke about d3 being illiogical but the evidence we have says the people here on the forums are being illogical, not d3
    It’s the same problem that keeps coming back up - any information we do happen to get out of the devs via our community manager is often inaccurate, incomplete, or ambiguous.  The only information we got was 3 latest, 2 classic (which they’ve broken that order too already).  Would it be so difficult to just lay out an actual featured list rather than the endless guessing?  Given that they were able to put out 2+ weeks of pvp events before they went on holiday, it would be hard to believe they don’t have the events planned out a few weeks+ in advance.

    Clear accurate communication, its not this hard.
    5* Essentials will rotate with 3 Latest then 2 Classics. What's not clear and accurate about that?

    They've never given us a concrete pattern for Essential characters. Not for the 2* essential, nor the 3* or the 4*. Why would it be any different with the 5* essential? Why do they suddenly need to make it a priority to plot out the 5* Essential in advance and provide that info to the players when they literally haven't done that for years now with the other essentials?

    The only problem here is that people on the forums have unreasonable expectations. Getting frustrated with the devs for not keeping promises that they never made in the first place is ridiculous.

    All of the indignation here is unjustified, and there are better ways to go about it all. (maybe a forum post under Suggestions asking for more info on the 5* Essential rotation pattern, throw in a poll so people can vote if they agree so it works as a pseudo-petition?)
  • Smart80Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc said:
    Your use of sarcasm is irrelevant because your point was wrong.

    I didn't call it "nothing." I called it "rules made up by the forums." The last three cycles were in release order, the two before that were not. I wouldn't call something that happens 60% of the time (3/5) a guaranteed pattern. Since this time they didn't follow release order, that would tell us the odds of the Latest 5*s following release order is 50/50 (3/6). You can't say it's "logical" for Thor to be next and then ignore all of the facts that suggest it's just as likely that they would go with Archangel instead. (and we're not even looking at the classics, which have never rotated in release order, which, if anything, suggests that the lastest 5*s being featured in release order is the oddity, not the norm) 

    You may want to joke about d3 being illiogical but the evidence we have says the people here on the forums are being illogical, not d3
    You did not call it nothing? Now who is ignoring the facts? Thats literally what you called it.
    JHawkInc said:
    The only thing they've told us is that they're rotating 3 Latest and then 2 Classics, never which characters or in what kind of order. It is perfectly within that plan for Archangel to be next 5* essential.

    I agree that it would be nice for it to be Thor instead, bfut there's nothing that says it "should" be Thor or that it's a mistake to run Archangel except for wishful thinking.
    And your odds calculation totally ignore my reasoning for them having learned from mistakes made in the past with 5ess, like they did with classics around the time they screwed up the logical order the last time, before they got it right 3 times.

    Btw, you forgot (or choose not) to reply to the fact Thor was skipped in this cycle and how you would explain that to be logical. Please do, thanks.
  • JHawkIncJHawkInc Posts: 2,303 Chairperson of the Boards
    Trying to argue semantics and split hairs does not change that the forums are up in arms over nothing.

    I am not going to follow you down a rabbit hole arguing about those semantics and split hairs because the reality is that no one was "wronged" when Archangel was revealed as the next 5* essential, and the forums need to chill out and none of the piddly details about how forum posts here were phrased is going to change that.
  • Smart80Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    Saying you never said something, having it showed to you and saying im arguing semantics and splitting hairs? Really? Lol

    And there you went again, calling the most influential factor on pve play today “nothing”? I dont see how you can make it like its totally unimportant like you are trying to here.
    5* management is already down to luck for a big part, wouldnt it be nice to have this set in stone at least? 

    And no one was wronged? Not even those that chased Thor, and having him skipped for no sensible reason but randomness?

    Btw, it could very well be last 4 times it has been in order, seeing next cycle it should be Angel, Gambit, Thor, if they correct the current cycle...

    Anyway, im happy if you quit the arguement and stop playing down a serious complaint. Thank you.
    Forums are there for people to voice their concerns. Some valid, some less so. Not sure why you appointed yourself sheriff of the people here, deciding who can say what. Youre not a mod, right?Perhaps take some of your own advice and chill out?
  • BowgentleBowgentle Posts: 5,038 Chairperson of the Boards
    Preview is up, it's indeed Archangel.

    Who's been in tokens for 6 days.
  • smkspysmkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Time to start posting the South Park micropay memes. Really upping their game now.
  • Jadams78Jadams78 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    I normally use the command points on classics, but not having AA, I've been using them on legendary. Disappointing threat he's the 5 this early on with him being available. 
  • shardwickshardwick Posts: 1,577 Chairperson of the Boards
    Think I will stay in cl7 for the C/D progression cover and the extra resources. Plus I doubt that a lot of people have Archangel. Not bothering to open my hoard until America goes into tokens anyway.
  • brollbroll Posts: 4,731 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yasuru said:
    To those who are saying there hasn't been an order, this is the list since 5*s were added to HfH:

    Classic - BB (not HfH but part of the pattern)
    Classic - GG (Black)
    Latest - S-M (PP) (Blue)
    Latest - DD (Yellow)
    Latest - Gambit (Purple)
    Classic - Iron Man (Red)
    Classic - S-L (Yellow)
    Latest - S-M (PP) (Green)
    Latest - DD (Green)
    Latest - Gambit (Red)
    Classic - Hawk (Purple)
    Classic - S-M (BiB) (Blue)
    At this point, Thor was added and S-M (PP) went Classic.
    Latest - DD (Purple)
    Latest - None due to Apoc event.  Should have been Gambit
    Latest - Thor (Green)
    Classic - BW (Purple)
    Classic - Hulk (Blue)
    Latest - DD (Yellow)
    Latest - Gambit (Black)
    Latest - Based on the above, should have been Thor

    There's no logical reason to skip Thor in the cycle.  My thought is that they intended to add AA to the end of the latest cycle, and drop DD, but they did it one cycle too early.

    The logical reason is to create imposed scarcity to encourage spending for more chance and discourage hoarding. I figured there was at least a 50% chance they’d throw AA in out of order rather than give people a month of chances to get him. If you’re shocked then you don’t pay enough attention to the things they do. They make and then break their own rules all the time. Sometime it seems legitimately accidental. Other times it’s clearly financially motivated. Other times it’s total random (re: throwing off DDQ order during Christmas)
  • BorstockBorstock Posts: 1,488 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    CL 6.. here I come.. (maybe unless I get a cover from any LTs I get in the next 24 hours)
    That was my first thought, but it's not a new character release. You're punting a lot of progress rewards for placement there. I'll probably just go 9 anyway.  
  • BowgentleBowgentle Posts: 5,038 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    Think I will stay in cl7 for the C/D progression cover and the extra resources. Plus I doubt that a lot of people have Archangel. Not bothering to open my hoard until America goes into tokens anyway.
    Everyone who matters for t20 in cl9 has Angel.
    Don't kid yourself.

    But it will suck to drag along a two cover deadweight.
  • jackstar0jackstar0 Posts: 1,276 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been popping latests since AA entered trying to pull one, and not only have I not pulled an AA, I've yet to pull a single 5*. Bad time for a drought.
  • bluewolfbluewolf Posts: 4,910 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    52 pulls since Archangel Entered tokens. No Archangel. 5 Thors, though, so “yay” I suppose...
  • HeartbreaksoupHeartbreaksoup Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Please, would someone explain these references to a bug in Strange Sights?  I'm not sure what y'all mean.  Should my alliance start with Door 2?
  • The rockettThe rockett Posts: 1,962 Chairperson of the Boards
    Slice 1.  Door 1.  First sub only. 
  • TheZeusBearTheZeusBear Age Unconfirmed Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Cl9 only gives tokens per sub and not iso? More interested in iso... 
  • shardwickshardwick Posts: 1,577 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    shardwick said:
    Think I will stay in cl7 for the C/D progression cover and the extra resources. Plus I doubt that a lot of people have Archangel. Not bothering to open my hoard until America goes into tokens anyway.
    Everyone who matters for t20 in cl9 has Angel.
    Don't kid yourself.

    But it will suck to drag along a two cover deadweight.
    I play in cl7 which is why I mentioned cl7 and not cl9. So  I don't care if everyone and their royal dog in cl9 has Archangel already because my competition usually don't have well covered 5s especially ones that just came out.
Sign In or Register to comment.