MPQ Sneak Peek: January 2018 Edition *Updated (1/24/18)

Comments

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    It definitely sounds like a mistake. They come back from their holiday break and they have Archangel on their mind still when putting the new update together when it should be Thor. That's what I'm counting on anyway.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Isn't Strange Sights the one with the scoring bug if you go through Door 1 first?  Or has that been fixed?
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    I advise that no one break a hoard for Archangel until you see the in game preview or we hear from Brigby....  Thor was released 11/3 and was a 5E on 12/17.  Archangel was released 12/14, just 3 weeks ago.  He shouldn’t be up for about 3 more weeks.
     Yeah, I wasn't planning on doing anything until I saw something in game. 

By my recollection this is at least the third time there's been an issue with the 5* essential. Not sure why this is so difficult to plan out. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only thing they've told us is that they're rotating 3 Latest and then 2 Classics, never which characters or in what kind of order. It is perfectly within that plan for Archangel to be next 5* essential.

I agree that it would be nice for it to be Thor instead, but there's nothing that says it "should" be Thor or that it's a mistake to run Archangel except for wishful thinking.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    They’ve also messed up the order before.  This seems more like a suggestion than fact until it shows up in game at this point.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Isn't Strange Sights the one with the scoring bug if you go through Door 1 first?  Or has that been fixed?
    It had the bug last time.  I always skip Door 1 on the first sub, so I didn't see it myself.  I don't think that it's been fixed (nor do I recall it being acknowledged), but I'd be happy to be wrong. 

Choose wisely!
  • Space Dwarf
    Space Dwarf Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    The problem you’re going to run into for Door 1 in Strange Sights is that someone in your Alliance HAS to do Door 1 for everyone in the Alliance to receive the full ISO bonus. Choose wisely. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Milk Jugz said:

Best Friends Forever (1/9/18) *New Update*
    New Buffed Pairs:
    Star-Lord (Awesome Mix Volume 2) and Yondu, Blackbolt and Lockjaw, Cloak and Dagger

Er...

I wondered the same thing......
    Well, yeah. Rocket and Groot has been a “buffed pair” since Best Friends Forever was introduced. It only makes sense that Cloak and Dagger is too.

I’d ague that Black Bolt didn’t need to be boosted with Lockjaw. Dog is man’s best friend, so dog should always be boosted for the event, disregarding any specific man.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    @Brigby  For Strange Sights, shouldn’t Thor be the 5 essential? He did not get used yet in the current Latest cycle. I thought he’d be the 5E after Gambit.
    Yeah, he should be. We´ve started the current cycle with Daredevil (he was still a latest legend when Eots started), now we´ve Gambit in Unstable ISO-8 so Thor must be the next 5* essential character in Strange Sights.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc said:
    The only thing they've told us is that they're rotating 3 Latest and then 2 Classics, never which characters or in what kind of order. It is perfectly within that plan for Archangel to be next 5* essential.

I agree that it would be nice for it to be Thor instead, but there's nothing that says it "should" be Thor or that it's a mistake to run Archangel except for wishful thinking.
    Logic says it should be. Oh right, nevermind... :-)
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    It's so good to see them sticking to their self-proclaimed latest / classics rotation.

It's really hard to keep track of that order, after all, it changes every six weeks.

I mean, who has a memory that long, right?

And I'm also looking forward to seeing the messed up MMR in BFF, again.
    Have fun, 4* players.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other Strange Sights weirdness:  in November, SCL9 gave out the tokens as alliance rewards instead of iso for sub rewards. Lower SCL’s gave only iso, per the revision they made a while ago.  Who knows if they were aware of this or made a change? I posted in the bug section but no one else commented.
  • Yasuru
    Yasuru Posts: 99 Match Maker
    I'm glad I'm not the only one surprised by Archangel instead of Thor.  I hope it is a mistake because I didn't want to chase him until America is in the packs in preparation for the next Shield Training. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby can we please get confirmation that Door 1, Slice 1 is fixed.  The last 2 times this ran it was wrong. Don't worry, if we don't get confirmation that it is fixed I will be doing Door 1 again and will report my findings.  
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Smart80 said:
    JHawkInc said:

Logic says it should be. Oh right, nevermind... :-)
    Basic pattern recognition says he "could" be next, sure.

Logic says that half of the groups of 3 Latest they've run have been completely out of release order, and that no pattern for how they choose Latest or Classic characters has been released, so it could have been ANY character in a Latest token.

People are getting bent out of shape because the devs didn't follow a rule that is 100% made up by the forums.

I'm all for calling them out when they make mistakes, but the people here basically shouted "Trust fall!" and leaned backwards into an empty room and then got mad when the devs (rightfully) didn't catch them. There is NO RULE in what we have been given that says Thor should be before Archangel, and people playing by that rule only have themselves to blame.

Would it be nice if they had a pattern (like using release order?) that we could follow and predict who was next? Sure. But it's certainly not a mistake when they deviate from a pattern that they didn't come up with in the first place.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    It’s the same problem that keeps coming back up - any information we do happen to get out of the devs via our community manager is often inaccurate, incomplete, or ambiguous.  The only information we got was 3 latest, 2 classic (which they’ve broken that order too already).  Would it be so difficult to just lay out an actual featured list rather than the endless guessing?  Given that they were able to put out 2+ weeks of pvp events before they went on holiday, it would be hard to believe they don’t have the events planned out a few weeks+ in advance.

Clear accurate communication, its not this hard.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Look on the bright side: it means Archangel probably won't be a required character for the 4* release event coming after.  Although he'll probably be for the event after that, but it'll be for the next 5* character.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    The problem you’re going to run into for Door 1 in Strange Sights is that someone in your Alliance HAS to do Door 1 for everyone in the Alliance to receive the full ISO bonus. Choose wisely. 
    I think you only have to be in an alliance to get the iso regardless of if anyone got points for a specific door or not because the #1 alliance gets the same iso as the #5000 alliance. So alliances that have no points would essentially just be tied for dead last. Also, I really hate the quoting system.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    shardwick said:
    I think you only have to be in an alliance to get the iso regardless of if anyone got points for a specific door or not because the #1 alliance gets the same iso as the #5000 alliance. So alliances that have no points would essentially just be tied for dead last. Also, I really hate the quoting system.
    But you need to join to get rewards. If none of your alliance joins the door, i dont think you’ll get it... but why risk it, just talk to 2 teammates