4* DDQ: Agent Venom vs 4* Luke Cage

Options
2»

Comments

• optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5/2/4, level 214 maybe? Surprisingly I won on the first try. I cascaded into plenty of red, so I held fire until I also had 12 in another colour (turned out to be yellow) and two reds plus match damage took him down.

I held onto the token for now.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No luck so far with my 1/2/5 level 172 Agent Venom, though on my last attempt I did get him down to below 3,000 health. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:
    Is this the thread where people will finally realize that Alien Weakness is not a downside? ;)
    It's not that surprising people have an aversion to Alien Weakness, even if you set aside the self damage.  If your introduction to Agent Venom is using him as an undercovered essential next to two heavy hitters, you probably saw Alien Weakness triggering too early and saw it as a hindrance preventing you from firing the other characters' powers.  And with a low level character, the damage was probably negligible.

He's an active liability until you get more covers so that your less likely to trigger it accidentally, and have it do reasonable damage when you do.
    I think Agent Venom has the worst ratio in the game of how bad he is when low-covered compared to how good he is when fully covered. With only one cover in black, he's not just useless, but actively makes a lot of teams worse. I had him at like 1/1/0 the last time he was essential, and it was a nightmare, because all my good characters at the time needed more than 12 AP for a power.
  • JaGo
    JaGo Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    Got it done in a couple tries with my 3/5/5 lvl 166. Hit some bad luck on the first go, but the second time around got super lucky with AP denial and gathering for myself with a few cascades. The key was denial of red and not firing powers, lol

-JaGo
  • White_Deth
    White_Deth Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    jamesh said:
    Is this the thread where people will finally realize that Alien Weakness is not a downside? ;)
    It's not that surprising people have an aversion to Alien Weakness, even if you set aside the self damage.  If your introduction to Agent Venom is using him as an undercovered essential next to two heavy hitters, you probably saw Alien Weakness triggering too early and saw it as a hindrance preventing you from firing the other characters' powers.  And with a low level character, the damage was probably negligible.

He's an active liability until you get more covers so that your less likely to trigger it accidentally, and have it do reasonable damage when you do.
    I think Agent Venom has the worst ratio in the game of how bad he is when low-covered compared to how good he is when fully covered. With only one cover in black, he's not just useless, but actively makes a lot of teams worse. I had him at like 1/1/0 the last time he was essential, and it was a nightmare, because all my good characters at the time needed more than 12 AP for a power.
    Yep. Hes a beast when boosted though. 5 black ap to hit for over 9k is awesome. Especially if you but a black tile or ap generator in ypur team