**** Medusa (Inhuman Queen) ****

12346»

Comments

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ive been countering Medusa with cheap stun powers. 4* Gamora or MrF teams. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Today I finally champed Medusa, but I'm not sure who to buddy her up with. I don't have a champed Carol or Carnage, which is who I see her with most of the time.

I have all the 3-stars champed.

My 4-star champs are:
    XFW
    Invisible Woman
    Nova
    Punisher
    Peggy
    Kate Bishop
    Electra
    Hulkbuster
    Teen Jean
    Miles
    Winter Soldier
    Moon Knight
    Red Hulk

I also have usable Wasp and Prof X at 11 covers (lvl 229)

Any team suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

• OneLungDave
    OneLungDave Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Dormammu said: 

I have all the 3-stars champed.

My 4-star champs are:
    XFW
    Invisible Woman
    Nova
    Punisher
    Peggy
    Kate Bishop
    Electra
    Hulkbuster
    Teen Jean
    Miles
    Winter Soldier
    Moon Knight
    Red Hulk

With the list provided, I'd personally go with Strike tile creators to help boost her Entanglement tile/Attack tiles. 
    Pun/IW and Nova gives you a full rainbow and Strike tile creators. Plus Pun/IW get accelerated from Resolute Queen
    Kate Bishop makes Strike tiles and big nukes which helps a passive partner like Medusa. 
    She really plays well with everyone. Even squishier folk because of Resolute Queen. My "kill 30 minutes at the airport" squad is Medusa/Carnage/Mr. F. Tiles and healing galore. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is Medusa's Resolute Queen true healing?
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Can anyone tell me how to counter Medusa - Carnage - Mr. Fantastic teams? Who to kill/stun first, what colour to deny and what characters to counter them with. Tyvm :)
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited August 2017
    talleman said:
    Can anyone tell me how to counter Medusa - Carnage - Mr. Fantastic teams? Who to kill/stun first, what colour to deny and what characters to counter them with. Tyvm :)

Medusa - Iceman - whoever you like

Say thank you for the other team bringing Carnage so you don't have to. Iceman will make good use of all the green/blue AP your own Medusa will generate.

Stun (or straight up kill) Medusa first, Mr.F is far less of an issue because he only heals when YOU match their tiles.

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    talleman said:
    Medusa with Grockmora. The strike tiles from Grocket massively exploit the attack tiles Carnage hands you. Any blue AP you produce or match lead to an early stun by Gamora on enemy Medusa (or Mr. F depending on how fast the strike tile helped you take Medusa down).
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    So in short, you counter Medusa by bringing your own Medusa, and a 6 AP stun. In a colour that Medusa generates, no less.

(Don't 6 AP stuns counter every team?)

No wonder this meta is feeling stale.
  • zodiac339
    So in short, you counter Medusa by bringing your own Medusa, and a 6 AP stun. In a colour that Medusa generates, no less.

I don't always counter Medusa with Medusa, but if the enemy team has Carnage, always bring Medusa. If the enemy team has Cardusa, always pair your Medusa with a stun to stop the other Medusa from turning it into a burst heal stalemate. "Win via passive RNG" teams like Medusa, Blade, Carol or Medusa, Gamora, Rocket&Groot need a speed kill before their passives get out of control, so I lean on Medusa, Gamora+Grocket (Grockmora) a lot, since Sim is flooded with those teams.
  • OneLungDave
    OneLungDave Posts: 72 Match Maker

All 5 nodes of my sim are currently Medusa/G4mora/R&G4. 

You nailed the adjective right on the metaphorical head. 
  • Elric_VIII
    Elric_VIII Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    So... I just had a really odd interaction in a Medusa vs. Medusa fight. Enemy Medusa uses Hair Meddle while I have no special tiles on the board, the rearrange matched my Entanglement tile, then one of my newly created attack tiles gets stolen. **** is this?
  • zodiac339
    Hmm, so one of your attack tiles spawned on a tile that was moved. Sucks that the tile spawn occurs prior to the Hair Meddle steal. Good info to have.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Finally champed Medusa now i just need to decide how to build her and who to pair her with. What do you people say who have used her alot?

I only have 4 other 4* champs. C4rol, Coulson, Riri and 4Fist. I have read that Carnage and Mr Fantastic is great partners but i don't have them covered properly. I do however got both Bl4de and 4R&G at 12 cover. Anyone else that i should focus on cover and level up? :)
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    talleman said:
    Finally champed Medusa now i just need to decide how to build her and who to pair her with. What do you people say who have used her alot?

I only have 4 other 4* champs. C4rol, Coulson, Riri and 4Fist. I have read that Carnage and Mr Fantastic is great partners but i don't have them covered properly. I do however got both Bl4de and 4R&G at 12 cover. Anyone else that i should focus on cover and level up? :)
    I know you didn't mention Wasp, but her, Medusa and C4rol were my Season Sim team for several seasons. They're really good together. 

But from who you mentioned I would go with C4rol and Bl4de. Hopefully you have five red covers for him. Coulson could work in place of Bl4de as well.